Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2013
    Yes, tliff and I are still alive!

We’ve been working on a new game for the last couple of months and since it’s related to WTM we thought we’d ask you for your help :)
    It’s called SHOTS and it’s a like a WTM for 2 players that will run on iPhone.

Right now it only runs in the browser, so everyone with a modern browser is able to play it.

We want to do a test session this Sunday night (around 10 CEST). Join us in the WTM chat!
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2013
    why a new game??? now we have at WTM some categories like Feature Films and the Vault... i hope we get soon at wtm a new category in the Quiz called maybe "duel zone" :)
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    That's a good point Winterwolf. The same thing came to my mind.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    +1000
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    " that will run on iPhone."

So WTM for browsers, new game for phones. The reason you are asked to do it on browser, is because it still needs some concept testing before being optimized.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    The reason why we’ve branched off of WTM (for now) is that it’s way easier to develop something new when you don’t have any legacy requirements (like fitting into a giant product like WTM)

On top of that it’s totally new game, that is being made specifically for phones. It needs features like push notifications to tell you when it’s your turn. It’s more of a casual game that you play waiting at the bus stop than the immersive experience that WTM provides.

If this thing works out on phones and if we figure out a good way to integrate it into WTM (like winterwolf said, in the top bar) we’ll do it :)
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2013 edited
    at the moment its not that urgent to integrate it in wtm. I think its enough to add a new category at "Quiz" menu in wtm called like "duel with other players - beta" and if you click it, you get a new window like it works if you click in the top of wtm chat and you are on http://shotsbeta.tliff.de I think some wtm-users will have fun playing this game more than just while waiting for the bus or bus destination station :)

don't know if you plan it already, but will be nice to get duels with friends. Maybe 2 buttons "new game randomly" and "new game with a friend"
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    1vs1 tournaments + championship here = €€€
    • CommentAuthoradept85
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    aware us when this is released cannot wait to play... i currently play moviepop on the iphone