Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013 edited
    From December 1st to December 24th I will upload a christmas-themed Awesome Upload once a day.
    When it's over the person with the most first solves will be the winner. And the prize: 1 month supporter status.

----->I will try to upload each shot at 8pm, some days it may be a little delayed, but I will do my best to keep the time.<-----

I know the prize isn't big or anything, but this is just for fun :) The winner, if (s)he chooses to accepted it, will receive the prize sometime before new years eve.
    Remember that it's only the AUs I upload that will be included in the contest. The uploads will also be tagged properly.

Please be aware that I'm just a fellow player, and this contest is by me and not the official WTM people. So any complaints or questions will need to be send to me.

To the admins: If this is in any way against the rules or something, just contact me and I will cancel the contest.

Hope you will have fun and good luck :)
    • CommentAuthorfafner
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013
    Challenge Accepted!
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013
    I'm not really a first solve player but it's really nice to see a change in the daily grind.
    Keep going! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013
    Nice idea ;-)
    I'll try!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJakeBlues
    A 24 shots, 24 days long series? Wow, good job (and congrats for having 24 AUs to be used)! :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Just my advice: you should upload (if you can) your AU every day at the same time (like 8pm I don't know), to let everybody the chance to get the first solve (and get more people playing your contest too!).
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    sounds like WTM Advent calendar. Every day a shot behind the nummered door :) Nice idea! Also like kinoute's idea, a fix time in that many people are online, will be a great thing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013
    Thanks for the positive feedback and ideas :)
    I should be able to upload the shots at a specific time. But when are there most players online?

@JakeBlues Well they mostly come from being a Supporter, and I haven't used any of them yet. So i thought I could use them for something a bit different.

@Pzy Well the first solver thing was the easiest way to control it, so that's the main reason for it.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013 edited
    @Rigborg

i dont know your online times, but you can easily figure out: at http://whatthemovie.com/home you can scroll down to the bottom and there is right near the SotD the rubric "Online right now" and after some profile pictures "4 registered users online (show all)" Ok that was early in the morning before driving to work. At evening there are more, look sometimes this feature und you find the best time for uploading with most online people
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    @Winterwolf

I will do that, and try to work out when then best time will be.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I checked the stats: 7pm or 8pm is the best time
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    @kinoute
    Is that in the CET (UTC+1) timezone?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    It's GMT+1
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    Super, then it will be 8pm :)
    • CommentAuthorCalTrask
    Uhm, if you upload the AU every day at the same time, how will that assure that everyone gets the equal chance? I'm never on at 8pm so I will never have the same opportunity. Just saying...
    • CommentAuthorfafner
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013 edited
    @CalTrask In this Rigborg's contest it's impossible to give equal chances for everyone. There always will be a person who can not be at 8, 9, 10...
    So 8pm is the best option because it's the time when most players are online
    • CommentAuthorCalTrask
    I just wanted to say that there is difference between "everybody" and "most"... :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Oh come on! A WTM-member kindly offers to donate something for a nice christmas event, and you start complaining that not everybody can compete? You should offer something for christmas as well, not start complaining about it!

Rigborg: Nice idea!

Everybody else: Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorCalTrask
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2013
    I didn't mean to sound as I was complaining or something. I think that is a great idea, I'm just sad that I will not be able to compete...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013
    Sorry for the little delay, but it's up now:

http://whatthemovie.com/shot/296357

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013 edited
    Nice work so far! Unfortunately I can't be bothered with timing my onlineness to get fs's, but I will certainly check at the end of the series to see how many I got :) So far 4/6, and the other two I think I can also solve, with a bit of thinking ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    As for the shot of today(December 7th); I got held up at a work thing so it was quite delayed, but it is up now. And it is properly the trickiest (and naughtiest) one there will be.
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/297314

@Asmodai Nice to hear that you are tracking your progress anyway :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2013
    A little change in the upload time, the next few days the shots will be uploaded at:

Today: 5pm.
    Saturday 21st: normal time, 8pm.
    Sunday 22nd: 4pm.
    Monday 23th: normal time, 8pm.
    Tuesday 24th: 11am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2013
    Congratulations to fafner for winning my Christmas contest, and a big thanks for everyone playing :)

Top 3 first solvers:
    1st. fafner (10 first solves)
    2nd. efji (3 first solves)
    3rd. alex68 & beatnic (2 first solves)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Thanks for the game Rigborg!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Thanks man. It was a very good idea.
    • CommentAuthorfafner
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    Thanks! It was great fun. I'm really happy that I won :)