Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoradept85
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    i should probally pm this question to a mod instead of making a topic, you can delete this thread if i can get a pm of the answer, im new to this site and not sure about how things run yet.. curious to know whats the percentage of new movies compared to old movies uploaded? seems to me 50% of the movies are before 1980 and are black and white, i tend to watch alot of new movies after 1990 though i do watch old movies here and there.. and are majority of the movies very rare movies? i don't often watch very rare films.. i will be a future uploader and won't make them too easy, trying to rack up some points to upload.. anyways im new and love this site, but find it very hard!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I think it's a good mix.. So if you want to be high at solving, you should watch anything you can get your hands on. Also, the definition of old is relative.. For me, that's everything before 1940, not 1980 ;) Remember, Star Wars is from before 1980 as well :P

After a while, you will get the hang of it, and will start recognizing the biggest "old" movies and actors, and you can work from there: stuff like The Third Man, Casablanca and Kubrick's stuff will always gets lots of shots, and are incredible movies!
    • CommentAuthoradept85
    bit disapointed that half of the films aren't in english for guessing, i am from Australia, and noticed that hardly anybody is from either australia or America
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Well, the community started in Germany, and expanded from there.. I'd say: let it know to your friends, and make it bigger and more international.. And so many good films that aren't English-language ;)
    • CommentAuthorTimpap
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013 edited
    We have a great American player : henryx !
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    henryx is not from the US, he just claims to be on his profile ;-)
    • CommentAuthorTimpap
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2013
    Oh I'm so disappointed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    Can't remember ever seeing an American player on here, are there any?

And yes there are a lot of older/non-English/little known movies, but I don't really mind it. I'm not really competing against anyone but myself. And sometimes seeing a great shot here makes me want to watch the movie, so I get to see some that I maybe not would have otherwise. So I'm pretty glad with this site :D

If you want a site mostly with shots from newer English movies try: http://moviescreenshot.com but there's only 5 shots to guess a week...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    I think there were/are quite some american players.

From the top of my head I remember the following players being from the USA:
    @spacestation
    @brandy
    @Lafilleexquise
    @Addie

However, they are all not active anymore. Still active are however
    @EdnaWelthorpe
    @NYCPoobah
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    I stand corrected, they're here :)
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf