Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2014
    Dear WTM players

I invite you to look carefully at this shot :

It is the copy of a shot I have just posted, whith some additional white margins to make a good contrast with the black.

Then could you honestly answer the two following questions:

1/ Does it deserve the following deletion message: "Asmodai: black line on top" ?

2/ Do you think that, for 2014, we should alltogether try to find a real life to some of the mods, so that they could stop to be so pain in the ass ?

(of course my reaction comes after a great number of deleted shots for such huge "black lines")
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2014 edited
    Well, it seems there is a thin black line on top indeed. Is it huge? No. But then comes another question is: when does it start to be huge?
    As for me, the zero tolerance might just be the easiest way to avoid any excess...
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    1: Yes.
    2: Go and find me a paid job as well, or shut the fuck up and be thankful for all the time I put in this site, for you, without EVER asking for something back. And with the insults, threats, complaints and what else.

Well, now I've had enough of this constant complaining by YOU: http://whatthemovie.com/user/asmodai There, happy?

Some questions in return:
    3: Why are you apparently posting "a great number" of shots with black lines?
    4: Do you think that, for 2014, we should altogether try to buy efji some glasses so he can check his shots before actually uploading them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @MacMomo
    To me, the so called "zero tolerance", in any field, is the purer expression of the fascism.

And remember: WTM is a GAME! Game means fun, not cops at every corner...

@Asmodai my dear

2a: I am trully and sincerely with you in your job search
    2b: I have a lot of admiration and gratitude for all the people that spend their time and their energy in helping people, giving them joy or fun without asking anything back.
    2c: I have lot of comtempt for all the people that spend their time and their energy in making life of other people more difficult. If they do it for free, it is of course an aggravating factor.

between 2 and 3 you were so upset that you wrote some kind of nonsense.

3/4: I have a perfect vision and post shots that do not violate my aesthetic criterions, without upscaling them up to 800% to dectect 1 pixel lines.

2 last questions Asmo:

- Don't you ever ask yourself why all the complains are concentrated on you, alone, coming from many different players that where very active on WTM and left the site partly because of you?

- Very honnestly: do you think that the site would have been so dirty with this half pixel black line that you could not sleep tonight? And don't you think that we both could have done many interesting things instead of deleting/reposting/writing/answering... ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014
    MacMono perfectly explained it. We tried to have some tolerance for this: it didn't work.
    So now, it's tolerance zero. That way newcomers *do* get it. They didn't before.
    And if you miss some line (it happens to mods too), your NS shot gets deleted, you crop it more accurately and you upload it again. It's no big deal.
    As for AUs, AFAIK, either they get deleted and the AU given back (if it *is* a black line and no obvious black bars) or the shot just gets tagged "replaceplease". Again, no big deal.

Finally, since we've already been called facists, let's close this discussion.