Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015
    As mentioned before - why are they so important in a solve in contrast to other punctuation marks?
    Or even the spelling - I tried and misspelled some titles so badly (on purpose, of course ... O;-)) that I hardly recognized them myself. ;-)

If there are technical reasons to keep them - that, I'd understand. But an explanation somewhere would be welcome.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015
    Explanation as far as I know: the original coders forgot to add them to the list of things-to-be-ignored and nobody has figured out how to put them in that list yet. It's been on our (kinoute's) to-do-list for ages but meh. Until it is fixed, just add an alternate title without the comma.

As for the spelling: there is an algorithm that checks this, a certain amount of typo's is allowed, but that's a percentage. For example: with ET you probably can't type RT instead, but with E.T. - The Extra-terrestrial you can change a letter ;) I think the same goes for a comma, though, if you forget that with a long title it just sees it as a typo.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015
    Thanks for the explanation for the non-ignore! Grave problem, then.

But for the spelling - recently, in the vault: "sabrina, the teenage witch" vs. "sabrina the teenage witch".
    Same goes for "scooby-doo, where are you" vs. "scooby-doo where are you".
    Long enough, but, without the comma - no solve.

A comma too many is no problem with "bell book and candle" vs. "bell, book and candle": both accepted. Alt-title, I see!
    (Btw: "Meine Braut ist übersinnlich" is the German title, not an alternate English one ...)

And for adding alternate titles: I'm working on exactly that. Less than two days until silver! ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015
    I tried being smart back then with the commas and failed back then.

Just pushed a fix for it which will be in the next deploy kinoute does
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015
    HE'S ALIVE! Thanks mate, great work!