Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Hey WTMers,
    everything is in the topic ! Please feel free to give your opinion about movies released in 2016.

My Top 5 (I haven't seen so many movies this year...) :
    1 - Busanhaeng (Train to Busan) (a great zombie movies, with a marvelous young actress)
    2 - Ma vie de Courgette (My Life as a Courgette) (a beauty, sensible, for all ages, a great mastering)
    3 - Voyage à travers le cinéma français (Journey Through French Cinema) (a love letter to the best of french cinema)
    4 - The Nice Guys (great laugh, and best against-type casting)
    5 - La sociologue et l'ourson (great idea for a necessary documentary in our reactionary french country)

My Flop 5 (I could easily do a Flop 10 list...)
    1 - Ma loute (it really pissed me off)
    2 - Suicide Squad (come on ! They could do so much better than that...)
    3 - Mademoiselle (Ah-ga-ssi / The Handmaiden) (from one of my favourite director ; it's nice, but too pointlessly complicated)
    4 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (a waste of money for a good start idea)
    5 - Hail, Caesar! (I smiled... once or two - what a pity !)
    • CommentAuthoryhi
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016
    Here is mine for 2016 (note that I take the french release date)

Top 5 :
    1 - The assassin (so much perfection !)
    2 - Steve Jobs (so much great writing !)
    3 - The strangers (so much thrills !)
    4 - The neon demon (so much lights !)
    5 - La loi de la jungle (so much laughs !)

Flop 5 :
    1 - Gods of Egypt (How could a producer put money in such a project ?)
    2 - Suicide squad (We can check the rule that one out of two Ayer's movie is crap)
    3 - Desierto (Being called Cuaron does not make you a good filmmaker)
    4 - La mort de Louis XIV (Smells like death. It was in the title, I should have known that...)
    5 - Desde Alla (I think Cuaron only gave the golden Lion to this film to support Mexican cinema. Because otherwise it is really bad)
    • CommentAuthorlezard
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016
    Hi everyone! Nice and classic idea at this time of year. I won't give any flop though. Too few people go to cinema, I'd rather be supporting.

Top 5:
    1-Carol. (elegance all the way)
    2-The Assassin. (I Like HHH and this one is outstanding)
    3-Rester vertical (You've never ever seen anything like this movie. Daring and bold.)
    '4-Aquarius (Still alive and kicking!)
    5-Toni Erdmann (Welcome in the modern world!)