Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordoooom
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    Your absolutely right about that. I've said it before in some comments and i'll say it again: To me that's one of the best sequences in cinema history.
  1.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    argh shiiiiit :)
  2.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorjoachim
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    With no hesitations, the chinese restaurant scene from Terry Gillam's "Fisher King" is definitely one of my favourite scenes ever. The four actors are equally brilliants in their parts, and the two couples work beautifully. The extract ends with a cover from Groucho Marx catch song "Lydia, the tattooed Lady" (written by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg, see "At the Circus", Marx Brothers, 1939)

Movie: Fisher King
    Dir.: Terry Gilliam
    Year: 1991
    Time: I'd say ending of the third part, but that's quite subjective...
    Duration: 3.30
    Summary: Finally succeding in gathering the two loneliest persons on earth (Robin Willams / Amanda Plummer), Jack Lucas (Jeff Bridges) and his girlfriend (Mercedes Ruehl) bring them to a chinese restaurant. Not much words, basically all looks and laughs.

Link:
  3.  permalink
    Nice scene ! I have to see the movie now !
    • CommentAuthorKuBi4K
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    Movie: Goodbye Lenin
    Dir.: Wolfgang Becker
    Year: 2003
    Time: End of the movie
    Duration: around 3 min
    Summary: Christiane, a dedicated East German communist patriot, suffered a stroke when she discovered her son rioting against the Governement. After a long comatose state, she wakes up after the Fall of The Berlin Wall. To prevent her from another stroke (which could be fatal), her children isolate her in her room and hide her the fact that Berlin is no more communist. While her son Alex is asleep, she sneaks out of her room and goes outside on the street of Berlin.
    As she discovers the new capitalist Berlin, ads, new cars everywhere, she hears then sees a helicopter flying low and lifting a statue of Lenin which passes in front of her, giving her his hand, saluting her.
    This scene, helped by the music from Yann Tiersen, is just beautiful and magical.

(starting around 7:40)

(Ending around 1:10)
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Movie: Les amours imaginaires
    Dir.: Xavier Dolan
    Year: 2010
    Time: 44 minutes into the movie
    Duration: 3.45
    Summary: A scene showing the three main characters (who are caught in a love triangle) at a party. Music: 'Pass This On' by The Knife.

• CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    Love this scene:

Movie: American Beauty (1999)
    Director: Sam Mendes
    Time: end of the movie
    Duration: 3:01
    Summary: Lester Burnham, a depressed suburban father in a mid-life crisis, decides to turn his hectic life around after developing an infatuation for his daughter's attractive friend.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011 edited
    Movie: Incendies (2010)
    Director: Denis Villeneuve
    Time: ? need to check
    Duration: 6.18
    Summary movie: Twins journey to the Middle East to discover their family history, and fulfill their mother's last wishes.
    Summary scene: looking at the past and journey of the catholic mother in Liban, sitting in a bus with muslim people, the bus gets stopped by the catholic soldiers....

Bus Scene

Movie: Morgiana (1973)
    Director: Juraj Herz
    Duration: about 2 mns (you must start the video at 8:26)
    Summary movie: Klara and Viktoria are sisters. Their father dies, leaving most of his property to Klara. When Klara becomes involved with a man that her sister loves, Viktoria begins to plot her murder.
    Summary scene: Klara has been poisoned by her sister Viktoria and experience hallucinations

Morgiana - hallucinations

Les Amours Imaginaires (The knife - pass it on) - birthday scene - I see you added it already Antituur but your link is dead :)
    The dialogues at the begining are just awesome!

Confessions, I couldnt chose only one, cause there are hundreds of beautiful scenes in this movie, so it is a summary with the Radiohead sound track. Could have been a trailer ^^
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Movie: Dogtooth (2009)
    Director: Giorgos Lanthimos
    Duration: 2:43
    Summary movie: Three teenagers are confined to an isolated country estate that could very well be on another planet
    Summary scene: Dancing daughters ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    ok it's here! :)

so

one of my favorite scene
    Movie : Crossroads 1986
    Director :Walter Hill
    Time : the end
    Duration : 9:55
    "the duel"