Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    Isn't it 2 ?
    An automatic threshold doesn't exist obvisouly : from the same uploader, 3 shots of the same movie http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23886 http://whatthemovie.com/shot/22721 http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23135
    And it's not the first example.
    Something intended about that, almighty creators ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    I've voted for deletion on #23886.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    I think there should also be some clarification on what 2 means exactly cause it is not really clear. Is it 2 in the submission at the same time? Or is it 2 which make it to the FF and then no more should be posted? The last one is what I thought and it would make sense but I dont think it is clear for everyone
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes, I think there should be a maximum of 2 shots for each user in Feature Films + Archive.
  1.  permalink
    Yes, it's not clear enough.
    From FAQ : "You are not able to post more than 2 snapshots of the same movie and have more than 3 snapshots simultaneously in the category New Submissions."
    If "New Submissions" is taken for simultaneous shots AND same movie's shot, that means we can post all shots we want from a single movie, but one at a time in the NewSub part.
    So the Toy Story shots would be OK. A little bit repetitve, but allowed.
    Could we have an admin opinion, please ?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    I really hope that it means 2 overall, otherwise it is the door open to all the series we see latelly. I dont understand how people can just decide to post the same movie over and over, how boring! I find it irritating, 2 shots overall should be enough and it gives the chance for others to post other shots from the movie at a later stage
    Btw, there should be a limitation of number of time a movie is seen in a month, really! I'm so tired of seen Toy story or Wall-E, come on, there were posted several times in the past days, what are people thinking? It is a bit like a competition: "I can post a better shot from this movie, you will see..." As soon as someone start posting a famous one, you can be sure there will be some that follows from others, this should be stopped, more diversity PLEASE!
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    He's got another one! http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24005
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    and it's gone. thanks astrododo.

you are all right, the rules say 2 snapshots (all time), but we haven't implemented a barrier for that yet.

and yes, @ chrisy, we're thinking of a way to only allow a certain amount of snapshots from the same movie at the same time @ feature films.
    It's kinda tricky because it will open the door to cheaters. A captcha in the upload section might do the trick.
  2.  permalink
    I don't mind id somebody wants to post 10 stills from the same movie. I DO mind if these 10 are in one week. If there is a 4 week "barrier" for a user to upload the same movie... could that solve the problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    I have found out that it's still possible to upload more than 2 shots from each movie... I may say that I'm guilty in uploading 3 snapshots from the same movie, I just thought that the rule not anymore was activated when I uploaded the 3nd shot...

I can not see any problems in people uploading more than 2 shots from a movie, when we already have the rule with max 1 snapshot/movie/week :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Razzomega, I thought the issue was fixed. Are you sure one of your shot is not an awesome upload, they dont count ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    Yeah I have 3 shots from the same movie with more than 79 votes each, so I don't think it's an awesome upload :)! Even though I found out that I have uploaded 3 shots from the same movie twice :P... Don't hope you will delete one of them;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I believe not all uploads from WTM1.0 count.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    I have uploaded 3 shots from the same movie in the last month :P, they're all in FF
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I think there was a problem with shots who were manually pushed through, that they don't count for the limit or so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Okay that's explain everything if it's correct :)
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    So awesome uploads don't count to the 2 shots per movie.
    Question: if my first upload from a movie will be an awesome upload,
    can I still do the 2 "regular shots" later on?
    Another thing: when you did 2 (regular) uploads and you try to post a third,
    i think the upload page give you the same message as when there's no upload slot available.
    Would be handy to see you already did 2 uploads of that movie instead of just the regular message.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The upload site does give a message that you already have two shots uploaded, but only if there is a slot available. If there are no slots available, that message gets first dibs to annoy you. So you can spend months trying to upload a particular shot and never get a free slot, and then find out that you have already uploaded two :D
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    Right Asmo! That was my fear, hehe :)
    Hopefully that will be fixed someday...