Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    Hello everyone,
    Only been there for a week, but I wanted to thank you guys for the fun I'm having here so became a supporter http://whatthemovie.com/page/supporter a few minutes ago.

As I run a film forum myself I know it is not easy to build a community, and this one seems quite friendly.

Hope one day we can all get together everyone from all our different countries and meet live sharing our passion about cinema in what could be a whatthemovie live game :P

Maybe that has already happened...

Anyway just wanted to let you guys know that I'm happy to be here and chat and play with you. (havn't made any friends yet but hope that will come)

Cheers to all,

Cotp
  1.  permalink
    Cool to have you on board Cotp !
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Hey maybe it's written somewhere but I wasn't able to find it, but is it possible to become a supporter without a PayPal/creditcard??
    Since I don't have either one of them and I would like to become a supporter:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I don't think that's possible atm, but you can always make a new paypal-account. It's easy, free and you only need a bank account (I made one too for becoming a supporter).
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    U need creditcard for paypal right?
    If not I'll do it immediately:)
    When I tried to register I had to fill in my creditcard number etc.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010 edited
    Just a bank account. Once you have set paypal up, you need to authorise it, and it will deposit 2 sums of money in your bank account (just a few cents/pence) with a transaction id. You then auth it on paypal by telling it the code and the 2 sums of money. The whole process usually takes a couple of weeks.

Credit or debit card is faster :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    them00ch is right, you only need a bank account. The transaction times are just a lot longer (I think I had to wait around 10 days before the money from my bank account was transferred to my paypal account).
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    Nice, just made an account, waiting for the deposits and then I'll be a supporter:)
    Can't wait!
  2.  permalink
    I still have some questions about the supporter status.
    My supporter days are almost over, so I want to add another year to it.
    Do I pay right now, or do I wait until my current supportership is over, so the two supporter periods don't overlap?
    There's a 12 awesome upload limit. If we reregister for supporter, don't we get any additional awesome uploads?
    What happenes with the awesome uploads we didn't use yet? I still have a couple, but I don't know if I will have to use them, before my supporter time runs out.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010 edited
    @ guustflaterke
    You can do it whenever you want, and it will add on to the end of your status as soon as it runs out.

I'm pretty sure you will still get your extra 12AU's but you might want to check with an admin before taking my word for it. That 12 max thing was there so rich people can't just dump 100 euro down to get 100 AUs, and get an advantage in the game. Also if you haven't used your previous AU's you wont lose them, even if your supporter status runs out.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010
    You can pay now, and another year will just be added that will start when this one expires, it will not overlap.
    The 12 awesome upload limit is for supporter-awesomes only, only so people won't donate 90 bucks and get 90 awesomes. Any awesomes you already have from other sources will remain, and you will get the full dozen added to these :)
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010
    I must say I don't regret at all I have become a supporter. It's only 6 euros for half a year. Which I can also spent on 3 beers in the pub. Probably some value that more, but I won't get into that. What I like most about being a supporter is you can upload 3 new submissions. You can see your supporter stats which is quite funny I think. It doesn't all seem to be that great, but the more people come here. The bigger server they need with all these pictures. So 6 euro isn't that much I think. They can't run this on free basis or the site would be full of ads. So next time you want to buy a movie like Saw 48 or Final Destination 23 on DVD, think about this post ;)
  3.  permalink
    I asked this a long time ago to the owners and they responded on my profile. Didn't see that:

if you renew your supporter status now the time and awesome uploads will be added to your current time/awesome uploads.

Thanks for your answers too.
    Just made the donation for another year!!!
  4.  permalink
    I'll try and become a supporter as soon as I get my payment next week =) I think I'll have quite some fun already trying to understand the banking stuff (I suck with money, really) and then...well, let's see how supporter stats work. I'm very curious about that =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010
    Hey I'm interested too. But I was wondering, is the minimum 6 month or can I do it for ... lets say 3 month ?
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010 edited
    I suggest you do it for 12 months. it’s worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    All right, maybe I will :P
    But that doesn't aswer my question... xD
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    there was a three month supporte ship option when we launched

but we removed it because nobody used it (believe me) :)

another reason: paypal takes proportionally more money on small transactions

if you donate 3 we receive 2, if you donate 6 we receive 5
    (I don’t know the exact numbers, but something like that)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010 edited
    But it doesn't seem to work anyway. Whan I select 3 in the 3rd option it redirects me back to my settings. Same things with 7 or even 10, but it works with 13. So I guess this option is for more than a year.
    I think I'll try it for 6 months to begin with ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010
    I got a question : Does an awesome upload gets a chance to compete for snapshot of the day ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    @ Aralis : No it doesn't, as far as I am aware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    oh too bad :(
    And is a supporter allowed to upload more than 2 shots for the same movie, all of them going through NS ?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    If you are a supporter, you can upload 3 shots at the same time in the new submission
    And in total, you can upload 5 shots per movie
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    Oh ok :)
    will do then ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2016 edited
    Do I get a reminder of any kind shortly before my supporter-stat runs out?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2016
    I think Scruffy leaves you a shout as soon as it's ended.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    Thank you for the fast reply.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    And I think you can check how many days you have left, if you go to the supporter page in your userinfo.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    I don't see it...
    It's not that important; I just had to check when I transferred the money.
    Just curious. :-)