Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    I bet there are other people on WTM that does the same thing I do. And that is "To collect DVD's". I can't brag about having a gigantic collection, but I am kind of proud of the DVD's that i have.

So how about posting pics of your DVD collection. IMO it doesn't matter if you have 25 or 5000 movies, as long as you feel you have a collection :-)

I'll try and take a few photos myself and put up a link to the pictures.
  1.  permalink
    Think that's a great idea!
    Will take a shot of my sacred collection and upload it some time this week! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited
    The pictures are not great, but better than nothing I guess. Uploaded in full size. (If the pictures are to big just tell me and i'll try another way to post them).

Shelves one to four:
    Shelf 5:
  2.  permalink
    ZomBeeBob, I think I hate you right now :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    THREAD OVER.

Wow. and I thought I had a lot. Do you know how many you have? And have you seen every single one of them?
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    niiiiiice :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @Pinokio1983: I don't like being hated by people, but on this ocation I'll make an exception :-)

@them00ch: If I remember correctly I have about 2200. But that' includes some TV-series, boxsets and collection packs. There are a some of movies that are still covered in plastic wrapping,but I think I have seen about 80% of them. I often buy movies I have seen in the past, and I keep the wrapping on until after I have seen in on DVD.
    I try to watch a couple new ones a day, but sadly I often choose a movie which I have seen several timews before :-)

@torqu: Thanks ;-)

And for those who wonder: No, I am not switching to Blu-Ray just yet ;-)
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    holy cows! that's like the most dvd's together i ever saw! not even a dvdstore can compare to this..

have you seen all of those? :O
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    I kinda laughed at the box of "The deadliest catch". Seems a bit out of place.

Really nice collection though. Mine just withers away in shame right about nog:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch

sample:
  3.  permalink
    *Bows to his Master ZomBeeBob*
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I see Top Gun, still in its original plastic wrapping! That must be worth a bundle by now??!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @revani: Nope, as I said in an earlier post, only seen about 80% of them :-)

@forerunner: I'm still awaiting my Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs DVDs, so Deadliest Catch will soon get some company.

@them00ch: Thanks for the tip. http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6316137/The-Wiggles-Pop-Go-The-Wiggles/Product.html Just Ordered it ;-)

@ theoffice911: Thank you :-). I peronaly still don't think I have that many DVD's, but since I've stopped collecting records, CD's, books, Autograph, and WW2 memoribilia the DVD collection grows by the day.

@pspan: Nope, I actualy found my copy of Top Gun in a 10-NKR bin (That's about $2 / £1 / €1 )
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    lol @themooch, that's the funniest thing i've seen this year! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Hi all, my collection is totally small and in chaos compared to ZomBeeBob, but I'm only 19 years old and live with my parents (the reason why i need some more shelfs for my DVD collection), but anyway here it is:

Hope you like it, normally some of the dvd's are in 2 layers, but then you can't see them all ;)!
    Edit: I have about 400 dvd's in my collection atm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Fixed it :) Dont need the [img] tags, just the link to the picture works.

Thats a pretty good collection already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @Razzomega: You have WAY more DVD's than I had when I was 19. I started buying DVD's in 1998, but did not start to seriously collect until 3-4 years ago, so if you keep this up you'll have more DVD than I have now when you are 24.

I LOVE your Poirot and Tintin boxes. Those look great.

I see that you have three steelbooks in your collection right next to the Pink Panther box. If you could I whould really like to know what they are :-) (A bit hard to read).

By the way what are your thoughts about the DVDs with "translated titles (In your case Danish). I HATE that they translate the title into something Norwegian, it totally screws up my alphabetical order and it looks stupid. For example. "Austin Powers International Man Of Mystery" is called Austin Powers – Agenten som kom ut av fryseren ( Austin Powers – The Agent Who Came Out of The Fridge" in Norewegian while "Austin Powers The spy who shagged me", is called "Austin Powers Spionen Som Spermet Meg" (The Spy Who Spermed Me). STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    Wow, impressive collections! When I was 19, I had no DVD player, and maybe 50 or 60 VHS recorded on TV :) Now I have a few hundreds DVD

Did you already try to convert your collections in... let's say how many travels around the world you could have done instead of buying DVDs??
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    @ZomBeeBob: I love Tintin too, I have some really beautiful paintings that I once bought in Vietnam which is really nicely made.

The Steelboxes are "Mean Streets" and then two double features, one with "Till The Clouds Roll By"+"The man with the golden arm" and then the other have "Royal Wedding"+"It's a wonderful life" (the quality is really awful on those double features). I see you have pretty many steelboxes, but I actually hate steelboxes, I'm much more to normal DVD covers.

I don't really have any order in my collection other than I used to have all the imdb top 250 movies together lol. So I don't care about danish translations of titles, but yes translation of titles should be illegal. Christmas Vacation is on danish called "Fars fede Juleferie" which means something like "Dads nice Christmas vacation".
    Btw I love that you have so danish movies in your collection, Olsenbanden and Terkel I knibe xD!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @Shayah: Nope, but I think that instead of buying my DVD's I could have spent them on about 3000 packs of sigarettes. The way I see it is that movies is the main thing in my life, I don't drink, I don't smoke, so instead of using $100 out on the town a saturday night, I buy myself 5 DVD's :-) Might sound stupid, but that way I don't feel guilty for buying so many DVD's. haha

@Razzomega: I LOVE steelbooks. I like that they have done something to the DVD's to make them a bit more "special". Makes me feel that I own something that not everybody else has.
    By the way my Olsenbanden movies is the Norwegian olsenbanden ;-) We kind of stole the idea and "made it our own". But i have the danish, Vikaren, Pusher Triology, Gamle mænd i nye biler and Rembrandtkuppet (the two last ones is "rented out" to my father)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Hmmm, Duff.... *drools*

I will try to take pictures of my collection this week, even though it's kinda spread around a bit. I need to sort them anyways, so I'll just throw em in the shelf, take a picture and put new ones in the shelf :P

Bob: Your 5th shelf is my favorite. Is that Eastwood collection just films directed by him, or also just acting?

EDIT: Ha! Now we know which dvd's you have and we can try all your shots with those titles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    @Asmodai: As you see, my collection is also very spread;). Haha try to find the solutions on my pictures:P. I don't promise that you cant find the solution to all that way. And yeah I just bought the Duff's in Germany, because I was on vacation in Austria last week skiing(don't think that they taste good). I love beer and collects beer mugs as you maybe can see.

@ZomBeeBob: Haha Norwegians are some wannabes making remake of Olsenbanden:P! I saw that you had Vikaren too in your collection, but just forgot to write it, Ole Bornedal (the director) has made some quiet good movies.
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    @Zombeebob: OMG, I hadn't seen your MacGyver DVDs! Now you just need to drink beer to become my new hero :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @Asmodai: Some shoots of your collection would be nice :-)

The Easwood collection is just the movies where he is acting. (And some acting AND directing). They have made a new "Eastwood collection" where there are even more movies, and also some where he just directs. I bought all the movies seperatly at a price of $4 pr. movie, alot cheaper than buying the whlole collection it turned out :-)

Yes, you are absolutely correct. So the next time you see a shoot that I have posted that you don't know, just browse throught the about 1700 movies you can see on the shelfs and you'll find it by the end. It will only take you a couple hours..

@Razzomega: Think of us Norwegian of "early americans" AKA "Remake-people". We thought the Olsenbanden idea was good, and we make a remake of them :-) I actually think they are really good (but so are the Danish, they are just harder to get here in Norway).

@Shayah: Angus MacGyver is my hero. I even have an autographed picture of Mr. Dean Anderson on my wall. Thoose was some of the first "TV-show" Dvd's i bought. The first season actually cost me about $150!!! Times has changed..
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i wouldn't even have the money to buy as many as 400 dvd. I think I would probably get evicted from my room, as i wouldn't be able to pay my rent anymore.
    I think i've got about 30 dvd's lying around somewhere. Half of them back at my parents home, the other half at my room.
    I do think i've managed to establish a decent cd collection, spanning 100+ cd.
    It goes from Tori Amos past Tool to Architects.
    (BTW, a question for the dutch: wat is de juiste vertaling van een kamer als in "ik zit op kamers in maastricht?" room lijkt me niet het goede, maar zou niet weten wat het wel moet zijn.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    This is an old picture of my office . . I have changed some things around a bit but the top 2 shelves are where most of my DVD's are kept . . .

and I might as well post my Mirrormask stuff . . . :)

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    Nice collection siren34. I've trying to get hold of "Book Of The Dead" for a good time now, but I haven't found it at a reconable price yet :-)

i take it that you are somewhat of a Comic-fan also ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRacetrack
    i don't even start. i hate (better: i envy) you guys!! congrats to all these awesome collections
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    nice collections! :)
    here's mine (i think you can right-click to view and zoom)

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Now that's what I call a real collection. Nice stuff toffetomas. Do you have it categoriced in some way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I was waiting for yours Tomas, Chrisy had already told me about how huge it was.

And your DVD collection isnt bad either! boom boom.

Im very impressed you have some great UK comedy in there, especially Spaced. You really need to add Blackadder, Red Dwarf and "a Bit of Fry and Laurie" - unless they are there and I'm missing them.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Looks like tomas catagorized at least part of it in director... At least I see reservoir dogs close to kill bill and dogville next to festen and a von Trier boxset...
    Really nice collection, I really have to think of a way to put all my stuff together.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    @ZomBeeBob i have a part sorted on director and others mainly on genre.

@them00ch yes its quite a lot and still growing (it already became bigger since i took the picture :) ). i like comedy and also UK comedy (although british people are normally not funny at all ;-) ). fawlty towers of course and also the office and the extras are really great and i love the old '80 hitchhiker's guide series. Now watching the peep show, really fun too. Will look for Blackadder, Red Dwarf and a Bit of Fry and Laurie, only know blackadder, but not too well. Thanks for the tips.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    my dvds are in boxes due to moving place but I will post a picture when I have everything sorted out, need to buy something to put them on first :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @toffetomas: If you like UK Comedy I whould highly recomend "The It-Crowd" Brilliant stuff In my opinion (but I also work as a Web-designer so that might be a reason). But at least check it out
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    Great collection toffetomas! I'm a little eashamed, the first movie I saw on it was "Baise-moi" in th french part of your shelf:)

One funny thing is that, among all people I know having a DVD collection, nobody seems to have any room left to add new ones, and this is my case too...
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Trust me Shayah, this is also the case for Toffetomas, no more space, soon he will have to sleep with them, but I dont think he will mind that ha ha :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    @# ZomBeeBob . . . yes, I am a huge comic fan . . :)

I have had to sell some of my collection but this was the opposite wall view of my office where my dvd collection is . . .

LOL . . sorry to derail the thread . . :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Wow. I think a little derailing is ok :-) I'm not a big comic guy myself, but this is just Awesome :-) Especially the Wolverine figuring.. I only have have NECA Texas Chainsaw Massacre Boxed Set. (seen on top of shelf 5)

Sad to hear that you had to sell some of it, hope you can build up your collection again in the future :-)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    @siren34 very nice, a sideshow collector :) I've got some sideshow 12" figs too, although I mainly collect Hot Toys
    I'll post some pics of my (very modest, especially in comparison to some of you) DVD collection soon, might include some pics of my toys too ^^
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    Oh my God......... amazing! Great! Fantastic! I don't have a big enough house for a collection like that, but one of my dreams is to have a room especially for watching movies. Big tv, nice chairs, like a cinema.
    Who knows, maybe..
    Maybe I could kick out one of my children haha.
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Nice collections!! I thought I had a lot of dvd's.
  4.  permalink
    Okay, my collection seems so small now I feel ashamed o.o
    Haha, I often feel really misplaced, with so many shots of cult movies I feel I should have watched at some point, but seeing people collecting action figures and other stuff makes me feel way better =P nice to know there's more nerdy pople around. Now all that's left for me is finding other engineers and RPG players <3
    Well, I'm making a vow to one day have such a nice and respectable set of DVDs as toffetomas, siren34 and ZomBeeBob =)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Ok, I sorted it all a few days ago. Everything till "T" fits in the cabinets, with the rest stacked in a corner. I will try to make a picture soon :P
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010 edited
    Some pictures of my DVD collection on the top floor of my house:

In total I have 26 of the shelf units you see in the pictures. I think that'll be enough till 2011 ;)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    that looks great Caspar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    @caspar: Great collection. Love the posters :-)

I wish I had that much space to store my stuff
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010 edited
    Alright, here are some pics of my collection. Doesn't compare to the ones posted already, but I'm proud of what I have, and it's constantly growing. :P Just recently added my first Blu-ray, too.
    First are some pics of just the DVDs, then the whole setup with the figures, how it usually looks. And as a bonus pic my display case with the other figures I have displayed. :)

• CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    Looks very nice Agonistes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    The figures look great !! . . I love that Predator . . . :)

I think people would be surprised at the value of some of those figures you have . . great stuff . . .