Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    Yes, that's what I thought too. Good idea.
  1.  permalink
    How about a seven virtues/seven sins contest then? I have a feeling a lot more people will know the sins than the virtues :D
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    the sins are much cooler than the virtues :)
  2.  permalink
    Hell yeah. If you put feeding the poor and clothing the naked on one side, and gluttony and lust on the other hand, there's not really any contest. Sex-and-food orgy woooooo!
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    I don't get it why everyone is voting for "product placement" (and why it was put up in the first place) when there has recently been such a contest with 250 shots...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I dont think anyone has suggested product placement again joma?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    definitely you should suppress the old old vote on the left side of the forum :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The poll that's on the forum, is still the old poll ;) I will replace it with a new one on Saturday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Ah .. I dont see the poll so had no idea what you were talking about :)
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited
    oh, this explains a lot. thx^^
    but how do I hide it? well, will just ignore it for now and hope that it goes away when the new one appears...

btw: got another idea. not sure if it has already been suggested: clocks/watches/things to measure time with
    • CommentAuthorMallemout
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    Something with pets please
    Although I also do like the seven sins/virtues idea too.
  3.  permalink
    Another idea: Villains and Heroes
    Would give a great contrast :)
  4.  permalink
    As mentioned in the IRC channel: Prom Night, snapshots of proms, dances and balls, so that it isn't limited to American films alone.
  5.  permalink
    I ain't uploading snapshots of my balls.
  6.  permalink
    Such a poet ^_^
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    i like the idea of geometric shapes, but i think only circles would be good already. There's plenty of shots with a big circle in it.
    also like symmetry, framed shots, split-screens and landscapes (and many other ideas).
    can't wait for the next contest.
  7.  permalink
    Dunno if it's just me, but all these ideas would make nice contests =P I know I'd sit for hours thinking of things to put on...
    My sugestion would be things that look like...but are not =) all those shots that link you directly to something but are actually from another movie.
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    videostores in movies or references to actors like dustin hoffman in the holiday
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    I am in for the seven sins or star systems
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I'm for snapshots of OhLookBirdies balls
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Thank you all for the ideas, the first poll is to be found at: http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=652
    If your idea wasn't in it, don't worry, there will be more contests in the future, so keep the ideas coming here!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Ok, idea for a next one: Splashed of color in black and white scenes/movies. Everyone knows Schindlers List and Sin city, but there are probably way more out there.
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010 edited
    - tears (if it doesn't make it this time ;) )
    - photos in movies
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Food : in each movie (Hitchcock is a good exemple ...) there is some one eating , cooking , reading a menue ...anything with food (Japanese movies are also good exemples !!)
    • CommentAuthornerdland
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010
    I tought about a musical theme. Any snapshots with instruments, bands, musical sheets and stuff goes.

Eye snapshots are too hard.
  8.  permalink
    Another possible theme : Sound.
    A shot giving the graphic expression of a sound, a voice, a note of music...
  9.  permalink
    Some new suggestions:

WATER
    Anything water-related, which might be a snapshot of a beach, underwater, pond, lake, surface-reflection, glass of water or creatures from the ocean, which leads me to my next suggestion:

CREATURES
    Anything biological thats animated, puppeteered or drawn which depicts an imaginary creature that doesn't really exist, such as Predator, Shrek, Jabba the Hutt, Alien, monsters from Monsters Inc, any sort of creauture you wouldn't find in real life. No robots, androids etc

Hope there was something to draw from

Kind regards :)
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010
    How about:
    the four elements
    or
    12 signs of the zodiac
    ;))
  10.  permalink
    i like 12 signs of the zodiac...where did you get that idea? ;)
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    Hey thanks Keyser_Soze, and actually it was because of your latest snpashot, you know the one with Cancer on it ;) It's really cool and I thought it would be a good idea to have the signs of the zodiac in different forms as a contest theme :D
    • CommentAuthorKIni
    Actually I like Fungus´ idea very at the beginning: References of famous scenes of other movies... and allow Futurama shots for this one ;-)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The problem with that is that the uploader would have to leave a shout with what scene is referenced (so we can check if it indeed a reference, and not just some random shot), and it would make the shot very easy to find with imdb.
  11.  permalink
    Suggestion: Benches.
    Not immediatly an obvious choice maybe, but there are a lot of benches in movies I noticed (with or without people sitting on it)
  12.  permalink
    not bad erik, but I was more thinking of war(WOII) for the new contest....:D
    • CommentAuthorErikMeijers
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010 edited
    War, what is it good for?
    Absolutly nothing!

Say it again!
  13.  permalink
    The art of war...

Think there are some beautifull shots of the theme..
  14.  permalink
    The art of war? You mean like, painting a hand grenade?
  15.  permalink
    Or knitting a bomb
  16.  permalink
    lol.. no just the awesomes of war and not the sadness of war. So a tank in action or 1000 ships on the horizon. For example Flags from our fathers, when they raise the flag.
    You understand my point of view of the art of war? (sorry for my bad english)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPinokio1983
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010 edited
    I was just thinking...

Right now we have an interesting and pretty difficult sidequest from fungus (great job, by the way) - The Four Elements. And thanks to this one I had a little epiphany.

How about we try to do a contests dedicated to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, so Pestilence, War, Famine and Death‎? I think it would be interesting thing to see in The Vault. What do you think about it?
  17.  permalink
    D'you mean metaphorically or literally? I could find a bunch of pestilence shots, but I doubt I'd be able to find any shots of the guy Pestilence on his horse. In fact, out of the four I think you'd only find more than a few shots of Death.
  18.  permalink
    Metaphorically, of course. Without it that would be a "funny looking horses contest" :)
  19.  permalink
    @ Pinokio1983
    Sounds perfect to me!! When do we start? :D
  20.  permalink
    I like 12 signs of the Zodiac and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    I think that these two allow you to use more of your imagination on your shots, like the Seven Sins/Virtues contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    I did not really like the Seven Sins/Virtues. There were way too many shots that were not really clear. On the other hand it's nice to have a theme where you can use some imagination. I just think all shots have to be approved by the moderators first to see if the subject is present clear enough.
  21.  permalink
    There are some nice ideas but I'd like to keep the topics quite specific. Instead of the Four Horsemen there should be a contest for each of the personifications. A contest on death itself should be very interesting.
    Judging by the 7 sins contest it was apparent that it was far too broad a topic. Anything could be uploaded and left to interpretation of what sin/virtue it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    Beer :)

Very specific and awesome :D
    • CommentAuthorhanske84
    @holynoise

AGREED!!! :D
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    I like the Pinokio1983's idea of the Four Horsemen, but also I was thinking it'd be cool to have a contest on ruins and abandoned buildings. I just like the mystery they create :))
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited
    The Four Horsemen I like, but I would like to add Skylines of cities as possible theme.