Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJules5
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    How about:

1) kisses
    2) famous places
    3) sports
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Famous places has already been done: http://whatthemovie.com/vault/16
  1.  permalink
    HAMMER AND SICKLE!
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    Some ideas i posted before and others
    "Legs and feet"
    "I'm Falling !!" (people falling, not on the ground)
    "Bring me up baby!" (a character brings another one
    "Monkeys and other anthropoids"
    "Most ridiculous monsters"
    "Most pathetic robots"
    "And Children and Children!!"
    "show me your fear!!"
    "test-tubes, retort and other lab stuff"
    "Drugs"
    "underwater"
    "political shots" (shots with an obvious political content) includes Hammer and Sickles of course !!
    "flags and banners"
    "bottles"
    "Egypt" (schots dealing with this contry and culture...)
    "Greek Mythology"
    "Punks, Hippies and other beatniks"
    "musicians"
    "cops"
    "tin stars"
    "guns and riffles"
    "swords and knives"
    "dwarves"
    "jewels and other gems"
    and of course "Garage doors" :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    some ideas i saw here and liked

- Legs & feet
    - Kisses or Hugs
    - Falling people
    - Weather/seasons (snow, sun, wind, leafs on the ground, rain etc)
    - Wars
    - Tears
    - Sound & Music
    - Children
    - Drugs
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    "good and evil" as in "hero and villain"
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    Gold & Diamonds
    • CommentAuthorJules5
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    cake & ice cream (I know that food and drink has already been a topic but this one is only for cake and ice cream)
    • CommentAuthorwintria
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    I second some of the things that have already been mentioned:

- Legs and feet
    - Underwater
    - Jewels and other gems (including gold and diamonds)
    - Weather/seasons
    - Tears
    - Good vs. evil

and I would like to add the following:

- Creepy crawlies: insects/bugs/creatures... things that crawl!
    - Life vs. death (births and funerals)
    - Weddings (ring/dress/decor/cake/ceremony/bachelor party etc.)
    - P.E. = Physical Education (lets get in shape, people!)
    - Toys
    - Tattoos and other forms of body art
    - Celebrations: birth/graduation/wedding etc. (the big things in life that we tend to celebrate)
    - Holidays (christmas/halloween/valentines day/thanksgiving/st. Paddy's day etc.)
    - Gore again... WTM needs more gore :D
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Yeah, I like the good vs. evil or heroes/villains theme! :D
    Good idea :))
    The crawlies sound fun too. Even with me being afraid of spiders I think there would be some cool shots!
    • CommentAuthorGuigs
    Wouldn't it be better to have a submission process in the vault as well? Let everybody see the new submissions as they are uploaded and vote for them, but at the start of the contest let only a restricted number of them actually go through the vault. For instance, let the vault contain something like 100 slots, with perhaps 80 chosen by rating and 20 chosen by the mods. Less headache for everyone, more motivated solvers and better shots.

I like the Legs and feet.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Don't think so, since the majority would vote for the easiest shots and we would have way too many winners :P
    • CommentAuthorKajzer
    One word...
    Thunder

Why? Thunders are awsome!
    Need anything else?
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    Other ideas
    "My Sweet Heart" (all shots with an heart, shape or... organ!!)
    "Zombies"
    "Aliens"
    "Round the table" (People round a table with a good (or bad) meal)
    "checkmate" (Shots about chess play)
    "Bulbs, Lamps and Chandeliers"
    "let's make a movie" (shots of people doing a film in the film...)
    "Movie in the movie" each uploader post a shot of a movie and the same shot in another movie. Difficult but could be funny.
    "cows and Bulls"
  2.  permalink
    Damn the "sweet heart" idea is awesome, we should have done that for Valentine's Day...
    • CommentAuthorKuBi4K
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    "Explosion"
    "Cars"
    "Famous actors / actresses when they where young"
    "Sports" (others than US Football and Baseball :o )
    "(Car) stunts"
    "Movie with actors playing a real (and perhaps dead) famous, historic person"
    "Movie using TV real footages"
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011
    split screen split screen split screen!!
  3.  permalink
    I stick with my previous idea..

CHARACTER SHOTS OF JOHNNY DEPP AND ROBERT DE NIRO (yeah.. I double checked the spelling this time :) ) AND MAY BE BRUCE WILLIS..

I desperately want to get a ton.. Got dismissed in nervous 90s two times.. :-(
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011 edited
    Of course it's ironic...
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    Creepy crawlies all the way....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    Emotion - open to interpretation . . . 1 shot per person . . . :)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    no splitscreens please

expressions on faces or WTF! moments
    • CommentAuthorthaizy
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011 edited
    Children, gay kisses, underwater.. so many options
  4.  permalink
    how about Pictures in Pictures - Part 2 :P
    • CommentAuthorthaizy
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    no more Pictures in Pictures
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2011
    TV series! (to see if people might be interested in a sub-part of WTM dedicated to TV series only, not mixed with movies)
  5.  permalink
    Anything you want girls but, please, oh please, ONE UPLOAD PER PERSON.
    We lose a lot of potential players when it comes to solve more than 200 snaps.

I gave up the creepy contest the very first day after 60/70 solves.

ONE UPLOAD PER PERSON is also a good challenge for the uploader.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    But creepy crawlers was less than 200 snaps palah ! :)

TV series contest sounds really great to me, I think it would be fun. (even I don't watch any at the moment)

And I vote to keep the 2 uploads per normal user / 3 for supporter...since I guess most people have more than 1 series they love and would want to upload more than a single shot.

Furthermore I think when WTM opens a new sub-part dedicated to TV series only, there should be more than 80-100 shots then, otherwise not worth it...(unless such tv series contests are hold more frequently).

just my 5 cents...
  6.  permalink
    I hear you brother.

But ONE UPLOAD PER PERSON also means equality inside The Vault.
    Wether you're a supporter or not, you just have one single snap to upload.

And it better be a good snap !

I'll play a 30/50 snaps side contest for a week, no problemo.
    Not a lot of us have time to play a 150/200 snaps contest for two weeks!

This is not a sidequest anymore, it became FF inside FF.
    • CommentAuthorTor
    Well i would love to try a TV series contest, didn't do to well on the creepy crawlers :(, just interested if the upload phase would begin soon (regardles of the theme) or in a week or 2?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2011 edited
    I know what you mean mate!

But why your movie poster contest wasn't limited to 1 movie poster per user? ;)

Because more movie posters = more fun :) Same at such a vault contest I think...at least for me. Quality has to be there and Quantity as well! But I don't care about solving so much on the other hand, I just like uploading and seeing many nice shots.

Furthermore you also have to see it from a marketing point of view, if normal users & supporters are equal...then there is no appeal anymore for a normal user to go supporter if they have equal upload possibilites in vault. Maybe some people who love TV series or the vault thing very much will just get some months supporter subscription just because of that and that would help the site again. At least in my opinion there always has to be a difference between supporters / normal users and an incentive for normal users to want the services of being a supporter, so they will grab some bucks and support the site.

Anyway, if 1, 2 or 3 uploads...I'm looking forward for such a contest no matter what! :)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I love contests, love tv-series, would love a part of wtm being wtseries but... I don't think I would have time for it. WTM as it is is already very time consuming.
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    Mostly already mentioned, but my personal faves are:

- detail shots/extreme close-ups
    - toys
    - monuments/buildings
    - underwater
    - animals
    - dresses (no visible face)
    - aliens/spaceships
    - strange/mysterious (or not) objects
    - kisses
    - weapons
    •  
      CommentAuthorPalahniuk007
    @Fireball

I see you brother.

But the contest you're talking about was a creative contest : you had to create your work from A to Z.
    Now I understand there's a creative input when choosing a snap before uploading it.

If you only have ONE snap to upload, you're going to think twice : the quality of the shot, its emotional meaning and its level of difficulty to solve.

Now.

Imagine we launch the SHOW ME THE MONEY contest.
    A contest showing dollars notes, gold bars, pirates treasures or even beggars.

You'll think twice.

You'll say to yourself : "wait a minute, Fireball.
    Palah is right ! Instead of uploading three simple dollar bills slaping from one hand to another, I'm going to upload this pink plush bear with a price tag on it !

You'll be creative.

And the contest will be of higher quailty.
    I'm sure of it !
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    Split screens split screens split screens!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I love seeing that people might like a part for tv series only on WTM! I'm so ready to code it. A TV series Contest will be a great way to see if players really want TV series support here, like a test.
  7.  permalink
    If Kinoute wants its TV SERIES CONTEST, I say : let him have it !
    I see passion in that guy !

I see heart.

Now, I insist : ONE UPLOAD PER PERSON.
    Otherwise I'm gonna upload 3 Mad Men snaps...
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011 edited
    @Fireball
    agree, 2 uploads for normal user/ 3 uploads for supporter is fine and should stay

@Palahniuk007
    if i see how much trashy fun stuff you post in your forum topic i can understand, why you want less shots. But not all people spend tons of hours to make pictures with ms-paint or whatever, and so they have enough time left to try to solve all shots. If you don't have enough time for all things, then decide which hobby you like more! If you not post daily this funny trash pictures you got enough time left to try to solve all shots. If you like to mess around more as solving shots, then do it, but don't complain, that you have not enough time left for solving shots :P

@kinoute
    "I'm so ready to code it" i don't thought about to support the tv-series contest, because wtm got long time no coder and there a lot of things to code, and you surely want play wtm and got a life. But if you really like to code this - i am sure it would be a funny contest and a nice variety, so do it :) I am sure i like it

And something else, last Contest with 189 shots got a duration of 2 Weeks, the picture contest with 380 shots only 1 week (if i remember right). Asmodai told me, he have to decide the duration before upload begins, he also can only guess. Can you maybe code something that he decide 1 or 2 Weeks for solving shots after he knows the number of shots of the contest. 2 weeks for 189 shots is too much time, 1 week for 380 to less - so this change would be really helpful
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011
    There may have been a misunderstanding there. What I tried to say was, that when a vault is setup we fill in the length. This CAN be changed later on, but I'm not sure how safe this option is.
    Next to that, this would only create confusion etc. in my eyes: people uploading their shots at the start of upload phase, going on vacation for 2 weeks and just having 7 hours left instead of 7 days.
  8.  permalink
    Winterwolf !

You are DEADLY serious. ;-)

Now.

Reading you girls, there's a theme I kinda like : THE UNDERWATER CONTEST.
    How about that ?
  9.  permalink
    I'm down with kinoute! I see so many awesome shots to take from TV shows that could be really great.
    The music video contest is a good idea as well, some are really made like short movies and it could be fun too !
  10.  permalink
    And what about an underwater TV series contest ?
  11.  permalink
    Nope.

edit: I hope this answer is explicit enough for you to understand the reasons why I think it's not a good idea!
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    TV shows are not movies :except some ones that we see in the cinemas...adapted to the "big screen"
    Ok for the theme of the musics and musiciens .
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Thanks i didn't know TV show were not movies!!

The main idea here is to propose a TV Shows Contest to see if people might be interested in a TV Shows support (in a particular way) here, like a what the serie included and supported here, the players will have the choice to play both, or only movies, or only series for example.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011
    If there will be a tv series contest, can we add more than 1 snap from one series? I think that'd good possibility given how many episodes series have and I can't imagine only one shot of any given HBO series in the contest, those things are beautifully shot :)
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    It would be hard to control but maybe one shot per season is an option....
    Hope that episode tittle won't be necessary :)
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    No !! The serie and the title of the episode !! I imagine players trying to find one episode of "Days of our lives" with more than 11.200 episodes or "All my children" (more than 10.000) !!! Ha ha ha !! a great concept !!! Even with maximum 50 shots per episodes you can play for years just with this serie !!! Indeed I don't watch tv series (and very few tv indeed...).
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011 edited
    IF we do this, i think we should allow multiple shots for a single serie but with a limit, like i don't know, five shots per serie, which is correct if you make an average of how many seasons has a serie.
  12.  permalink
    TV series contest? Sounds great.
    But you would need a page for each and every series uploaded, right?
    A WTM support for series would be nice but isn't there a risk of using space previously reserved for WTM movies?
    A community page would be nice though, where users could discuss the series, review it and add information. But a WhatTheSeries quizz would be heavy on the site resources (no?) if there is a chance that WTM would encounter difficulties because of a TV series support, I don't see the point.

Another theme:

Cliffhanger (figuratively or not)