Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAlembic
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    How come that I solved 11 more shots than the person above me, but I am still under him/her in the hall of fame?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    Because finix has uploaded lots of shots, and you cant solve your own uploads, he has a higher percentage.

Say for arguments sake there were 100 shots in FF, and 25 of those were uploaded by finix, and zero by you. To get 100% score, you would have to solve all of them, and finix would only have to solve 75 of them, as you can't solve your own snapshots.

Hope that makes sense :)
    • CommentAuthorOberstKlink
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010 edited
    Ah, thanks m00ch. I've always wondered about that, as well.
    • CommentAuthormuppets
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited
    For me it's still not that clear.

The person's that are listed below my ranking have solved way more movies than I did, as I saw when I went to their profile pages.
    Also, what does the score behind my name mean, not the 22.75% but the 563. I mean, I solved about 1180 shots and 1400 in total...where does that other number come from?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010
    There, fixed your image. Just the link to the image is enough, no need for html.

The amount of shots solved THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN FF count for the feature film score. The 1180 you speak of is the total amount of shots you solved that were in FF when you solved them, but they may have gone to archive now. The 1400 total includes shots that were already in archive when you solved them.
    • CommentAuthormuppets
    Ah, thanks for your awnser!

So the ranking score changes per day?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    it changes every hour
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited
    At what time precisely ?
    I tried to detect it but cannot be sure of the time. It is not exactly one hour is it ?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    depends on when the daemon restarts, it's not that strict a schedule
    • CommentAuthorninka
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2010
    And only your solves that are currently in FF are counted, I suppose?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes. Your Hall of Fame ranking is based on the number of solves of shots that are in the FF at this very moment.
    137. Zythux 32.92% (842)

To see your total FF-solves you can check 'Your Quiz Stats' on your profile:
    You have solved 13098 Feature Films and 21114 Snapshots in total.
    • CommentAuthorninka
    Yes, I know, sorry what I really meant was:

Only your --> uploads <-- that are currently in FF are counted in the Hall of Fame?

So if my uploads are more than a month old, then I'm again on the bottom of the ranking of all WTM-ers who have solved the exact same amount of shots as I have.

You understand? :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    For the upload HOF all uploads in FF and archive are counted, but for the solving it checks the percentage of shots in FF you can solve and have solved, so yes, your own uploads are in FF but you can't solve them, therefore they change the percentages. If your shots are no longer in FF, they don't matter for solving, and your percentages are back to normal again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes, I understand you now ;)
    And you're right, for Hall of Fame you have to distract the number of your own uploads that are currently in FF (older then 30 days doesn't count anymore).

So:
    (number of solves in FF)/(number of shots in FF - number of you own uploads in FF) * 100%