Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBSRuben
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    I just joined the WTM community and I was trying to get my DVD shelf filled. The problem is that most of my real dvd's are categorised A-Z. I have to say most because I'm out off space at the moment and IKEA has decided to stop selling the cabinets in the colour I had.. So I was just wondering if it is possible to categorise the DVDs on the shelf A-Z. Or do I have to enter them alphabetically (which is doable with time)? Then the next thing is that I want to keep it updated which is a pain if there is no option to categorise.
    Hope someone can help me out.

Cheers,

Ruben
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    Hey BSRuben. Welcome to WTM firstly :)

Yeah, you have to manually enter them alphabetically if you want them in order I'm afraid. And even then, if you want to add more later, you cant slot them in the middle, only add them to the end. Unless you wanted to remove everything AFTER that point and re-add them :) And there are currently no sort/categorise options.

The DVD shelf is a new addition to the site, so it is still early days, and these features may be added a later date, who knows. Perhaps naut can advise his intentions for the shelf.
  1.  permalink
    Hello Creators and Mods!
    Is there any way for me to add covers of DVD´s/BD´s? Nearly half of my collection shown on my shelf has no, or the wrong cover... If it´ll help, I would even do scans/ take photos on my own to prevent copyright problems.

Cheers,

thecrimsonidiot
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2012
    Sorry, but no: the shelf was a (failed?) project that was never finished, the pictures that are there were imported from another website..
  2.  permalink
    Well, sad enough... but I don´t give up hope, that this topic has a future. Anyway, thx for the qiuck response!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013
    Since all the images on the dvd-shelf are gone and it (for now) don't have a purpose, is there a way to "disable" or "hide it". It don't look to good on the profile page anymore.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017
    It would be nice if one could add one's movies automatically to the shelf if wanted.
    It's a lot of work to do that manually...

I know that it's a lot of work to program such a feature - just another item on the wish-list. ;-)