Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited
    Naut asked me to make a topic for all the small mistakes on the site, so they'll all be in one place and can be fixed in one go occasionally. Think stuff like spelling mistakes, where the site still works but that can be fixed anyways.

When adding an alternate title, Turkish is spelled as Turkisch.

naut: DONE
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited
    On the WTM home page:
    "A lot has happend since your last visit"
    You definitely need an e in happend so it becomes "happened"

• CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited
    On the Five Golden Rules of Uploading it's written: "... tv broadcasts or movies which are not yet availiable on DVD;" There's an extra "i" on "availiable".

• CommentAuthorMisterZob
    On Step 6 of uploading, it's actually written : "5. Please click..."

• CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    Nice spot MisterZob :P

I'll post mistakes as I find them

1) When clicking on a vault item that has the status "Hidden" (before the contest is 'announced') - if you don't have privileges to view the contest then an error message appears. All I remember is that this error message contains spelling mistakes!
    • CommentAuthorshantak
    When you solve a snapshot from an old vault, the message "You scored one poit. Awesome!" appears, but it's not in the Feature Films more...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    if you try to upload yet a 6th (I know) still as a contributor, it says: "you already posted 2 stills" etc
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    In the Quiz "menu" (when you mouseover Quiz in the header), NS is spelled "New Submission". I think it should be "New Submissions" (plural).

•  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    I don't know for sure what the rule is so I may be mistaken, when you go to the 'discover new movies'-section, you see the sentence: A unique Way to Discover Movies.

Is is not supposed to be An unique way to discover movies?

And what do you guys think of the use of capitals on the site?
    Some examples:
    - This Week´s Dual Movie Recommendation
    - A stylish Way to organize your Movie Collection
    - Our uttermost Respect goes out to these Fellows, who help us to keep the Show Running.

IMO it would be better to just use capitals for names, at the start of a sentence, days, months and gods..
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    unique has to be an 'a'. Because you pronounce it like it starts with a 'y'.
    Just like: 'a usual day'
    and: 'an unusual day'
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    Okay thanks, I did not know that :)
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    Thanks, I agree with you on the capitals though. The first sentence you gave every word starts with a capital. The second sentence does it a bit like the Germans where the nouns are capitalized. The third also, but also Running. I agree with you on the capitals for names, movie names most of the time every word starts with a capital though.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited
    the imdb link of this movie is wrong http://whatthemovie.com/movie/cracks also its not written with a Capital letter...
  1.  permalink
    Some of my outraging shouts mysteriously disappeared. Why?
    I need the name, adress and telephone number of the moderator who did that.

Thank you very much.
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    Name: Scruffy Scruffington
    Adress: Janitor Road 9 1/2 in Planet Express
    Phone number: 555-0100
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited
    When you click on any of the titles in the list of missing title shots http://whatthemovie.com/page/titles (very short list indeed) you get the message:
    "Sorry, movie not found."

naut: done
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010 edited
    In the Quiz menu, the hover tooltip for "the vault" says you could win a "special price". Should read "prize".

naut: done
  2.  permalink
    When you're being redirected to PayPal, there's a button which says "Goto PayPal", there's a space obviously missing between "go" and "to"
    • CommentAuthorJojo1337
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    http://whatthemovie.com/movie/cat_woman has a wrong main title. it doesn't exist with a space and only with a capital c. it must be "Catwoman"
  3.  permalink
    You're damn right. And I hate titles with no caps.
    titanic is not the same movie than Titanic.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    @Jojo1337
    The "edit the main title" feature has been asked for already, I try to keep track of those titles here :
    http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=664&page=1#Item_0
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    I'm not quite sure if this belongs here or to the list of Mr. Zob, but there are two movie pages for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
    1. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans http://whatthemovie.com/movie/underworld_rise_of_the_lycans
    2. Underworld 3: Rise of The Lycans http://whatthemovie.com/movie/underworld_3_rise_of_the_lycans
    The one has 8 and the other one 5 shots uploaded.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Yeah, we mentioned this one before, in another topic. The 2nd one shouldn't be used. It's not the real original title + the IMDb link is wrong too.
    Actually, I have another list for those duplicate database entries, I just forgot to post it.
    I'll do that as soon as I get back home.
  4.  permalink
    Ok, got a mistake...
    Wanted to upload a title shot for The Devil's Tomb, but there were 6(!) of them(five were empty).
    So think that somebody glued his enter-button when creating this movie ;)

so there are six movie pages for the devil's tomb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    a lot of the movie pictures on the shelf are either missing, or plainly wrong.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    This is because these pictures are coming from a different site, and the guys aren't very active coding more on the shelf. Focussing on other things instead.
  5.  permalink
    Hi! Noticed something this week. When I open front page, it says the Gore Vault is open for uploading, 2 days left, but when I tried to upload a picture, it says it's 1 day left :o
    • CommentAuthorshantak
    Another one:

If you can enter the solution of a snapshot in Portuguese, the flag under the space to put the answer is from Portugal.

The error here is that all the titles of these films are in Brazilian Portuguese. So, maybe the Brazilian flag would be better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    I think I found a big bug:
    when you try upload a shot, you get all the shots from the same movie that are already in the archive. But it is not complete. I just uploaded a shot from a movie and an old upload I had made some times ago was not visible. But it is present when I search the movie in the regular way.

That's probably what happened recently when I wasted an awesome upload with a shot that was actually a dupe. I am pretty sure that I did not see it when I uploaded my shot. (please tliff, give it back. I've put a shout on your account).
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    Happened to me too recently (Not the AU, but the missing shots when uploading).
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yes, it happens quite a lot lately... I've had a few dupes removed because of it too.

And efji, I think you got your awesome back yesterday or so... Can you check?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @asmodai: I just checked but I don't see it. Don't worry it is not such a big deal :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Many dupes in NS these days. The bug fix is urgent...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    I don't know if it the meaning but now the start page tells us: "A lot has been harpooned since your last visit"
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yes, that is intended ;)
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    I suddenly have problems with opening snapshots. When I click on it, I'm asked to "Safe" the snapshot or "Search" for a program to open it. When I click on "Search" the following website is opened:

http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/mimeassoc.asp?mime=application%2Fjson

It says:

File Association
    Windows has the following information about this MIME type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.
    MIME Type: application/json
    Description: UnKnown
    Windows does not recognize this MIME type.
    You can search the following Web site for related software and information:
    Windows Live Search
    Have questions? See these Frequently Asked Questions.

When I click on Windows Live Search, they recommend "mimeapplication.net/json". I can download a program to fix something.

Has anyone expierence with this problem? And can anyone help me with this? I'm using Windows Interet Explorer.

Ilse
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    There is a topic "I cant open uploads" with the same problem I have. I posted my problem there too.
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010 edited
    When you roll the mouse over Rocky's fists (left and right), it's written "Your price includes...". Then again it should be "prize".
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    Some movies have a synopsis which is in fact the description of an actor. I've seen Ray Liotta in some movie's synopsis but I can't remember which one, but it just happened to me again on thirteen : http://whatthemovie.com/movie/thirteen
    Shawn Robert Ashmore is not the focus of the movie :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    Some little things I came across. I'm not calling them mistakes cause I can't always be shure it isn't the supposed behavior. Sorry, if they were already posted somewhere before:

* When I circle through my own shots on the home-page (http://whatthemovie.com/home) the number of shouts is often not right, even on old shots. For example it says there were 2 shouts on http://whatthemovie.com/shot/87982 while there are actually 4. I couldn't figure out any sheme except the number of shouts according to homepage is never higher than the real one.

* On the "Movie"-tab of movie pages there is an information on how many shots there are of the movie (in the bottom right corner next to the "show all"-link). It seems that vault-snapshots as well as title- and end-shots do not count although they are shown in the "Snapshots" section. Well they should, don't they?

* When I shout on a shot and mark the shout as spoiler but can't solve the shot then I can't read my own shout later. This can be annoying, if someone responds to this shout on your profile and you do not remember what you wrote in the first place.

* On movie pages you can choose genres in the info-section. The genres appear as a link and following the link leads you to the tag-search for the genre. I would suppose to be linked to some page where you can see a list of movies with the specified genre. But on the tag-search-page not even the movie that links there is found. So what is the reason for setting a link on the genre at all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    Tried to change the year of a movie that was wrong using "edit movie info". I had to enter an abstract (just copy paste the imdb one) but the release year has not been changed...
  6.  permalink
    Tried to upload a shot from "The Aviator", and it has been fairly deleted, cause it was a dupe. I don't know if it's my eyes, but I could not see this shot on the "Check if your Snapshot has already been uploaded" part, even if the shot is in Archive.
    My shot : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/89948
    The previous upload in Archive : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/67039
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    This has been mentioned before I think, but when going through the random easy snapshots, this always includes ones own uploads too, even if you a) changed the settings to "don't show posted snapshots" and b) solve your own snapshot
    Would be nice if this could be changed. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    The bug mentionned by LePaposaure is very annoying. It has already been reported several times, and it cost me one awesome upload...
    imho it has been introduced when you included the contest shots in the movie shots. The count of the number of shots per movie is wrong and you miss some of them in the upload phase.

Agree with agonistes too, but I could live with it :)
    • CommentAuthorJSykes
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    When you click on the side quest, This Vaul Item is not yet accessable appears. Vault is missing a T and its accessible. Not a big deal but just thought Id let you know :)
    • CommentAuthorgp
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    many of my shots have been rejected & i'm pretty sure this is an error
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    When you mouse-over the light thing where you can check the solution of a shot whose solution will be given in 1 day, it says: "solution will be available in 1 days"
    It should be "solution will be availabe in 1 day"
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    When I enter a snapshot tag on the shot page a little cross appears next to the tag so I can delete it (even without being a high-rank user who can delete any tag). But if I use the tag-field while uploading a shot (the one that tells you about nudity and gore) then there is no cross next to the tags I entered. I think I should be able to delete them as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    It is possible to "rock" and "crap" his own shouts !! (Pala do you read me?)
    Only once but that you should not be possible.
    And the number of bucks you get and loose in this operation is weird: something like 20 or 25 and not 2 as it is mentioned somewhere on the site.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010
    http://whatthemovie.com/movie/nemesis says 1993 instead of 1992