Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010 edited
    Um... on reviews there is "utter nonsense" and "utter nonsense" now...what is going on?:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010
    @Toffetomas: You can change that yourself under "edit movie info". I have done it for you in your example:)
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010
    ok, didn't know. thanks :)
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010
    If you go to the movie snapshot page of, let's say, http://whatthemovie.com/movie/mulholland_dr/snapshots and you click, let's say, the third picture (79421). It says: uploaded by a deleted user. However if you moues-over the shot at the thumbnails you can see it was uploaded by pspan.

Not saying this is a mistake, but I noticed it and felt the intense need to share it with you all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010
    @rulo, aaah the nostalgia :)
    I knew this was here and I really do hope that this'll be changed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    I think the person should be credited even after the account is deleted.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    The deletion of the account could also be for privacy reasons, that people don't want their name visible anymore (maybe they used their real one). Leaving the shot credited would then defeat the purpose of the account-deletion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Yes but it would also mean that someone who did a lot of stuff = uploaded shots, reviews, shouts is no longer credited in any way. I don't think it's right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    Agonistes is right. There has to be a way to completely remove your name if you want it (even on mouseovers).

But not everybody deletes his/her account for privacy reasons. For pspan e.g. it might have been sufficient to delete his login. So if it is technically possible it would be nice if users could decide to delete just their login or their userpage or every appearence of their name, shouts etc. It is really sad to see "deleted user" on some great shots.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Agreed, the choice if you want your name removed or not would probably be best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010
    When I click show all in 'favorite movies' error page appears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010
    And I can't see any of the shouts on homepage now:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010 edited
    it's funny cause I see other people's fav movies but can't go to my page and edit them :(
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    There is also something, i think i'm not the first to complain about :

When you enter a tag for the "awesome random" button, it'll show you solved shots even if 1) the checkbox in the header is checked (show "unsolved only" and 2) the checkbox in the difficulty/option is unchecked ("include solved shots").

Is that normal or at least a known issue ?

cheers
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    Ho and also, when you want to delete a shot which was rejected, after being deleted, the website redirects you to the quiz session. It's kind of boring when you want to delete more than one at the time, you have to go back to your profil and the uploads tab.
    • CommentAuthorJojo1337
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2010
    heya,
    i found out two little things:

1. when you activate a character for a movie and you don't check the checkbox for confirming, that you have carefully read the Character Guidelines[...], it also works and activates the character :D

2. the overall rating on shots in old vault quests will always stay hidden if u didn't rate the shot during the running quest. suggested solution: make the rating visible for everyone when the quest is finished.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010

I went looking for tliff, and this is all I found... I fear the worst!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010
    Hahaha oh my god!
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    When I click the "random easy snapshot" button, only solved shots appear. Not sure if this is what happens when all the easy snaps are already solved (how am I supposed to check?), just thought I'd mention it. Medium works fine though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    I do not have the same problem as agonistes, but maybe you have just solved all the easy ones, I haven't!
  1.  permalink
    After you edit a review, the message which appears says: "Review has been editet" instead of "edited".
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010
    When you are a boom operator (BO), there is a small error with the memorabilia. When you are over the icon, it shows a slash in the sentence "boom's in, see snapshot #22".
    did you take a good look at snapshot #22 ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    You misread, tomas ;)
    It should have said that, but it does say "Boom\'s in", where the backslash either represents a very basic boom, or is just a typo :P
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I think its a problem from PHP/ruby with entities, its common in webdevelopment.
    ok, woops, i didnt read good (at all) :)
  2.  permalink
    the Indy's whip memorabilia says: the ultimate tool vor every adventurer
    shouldnt that be, for every adventurer
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    Since a few days my home page doesn't display the tales of interest any more, neither shouted on my profile, nor on any snapshot. Anyone has the same problem ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    Yes, a lot of us have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2010
    So are we ever going to see shouts on the homepage and our favorite movies after we click "show all" again or not?
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    yeah
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    As said before, tliff hasn't got time for WTM at the moment. We are in contact with him, and hoping to come up with a solution soon. Until then: be patient and just think back to the times that the homepage didn't exist yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    Hey, I don't know if it's already mentioned but there are two movies with no title. When typing nothing in part 2 of the upload section, and clicking the search button, there are two movies found with no title. What are these, or are these just screw-ups by some uploader?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    A little space missing here :

http://whatthemovie.com/page/help#wtm_bucks

"A Set Decoratoris able to change the name, year or IMDb url of movie or write abstracts"
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010 edited
    not a mistake..but there should be an option that can be taken off someone else's comments only from your shots..like Craven1138 coment on #117504 without "spoiler"..
    If I wanted to put some hint or tag like this I'd written it..15 people solved snapshot after his comment..not ok to write something like that and then just disappear..Cravens profile looks like it's additional profile of another wtm user that is used for something like that..
    returned after 1 year just to write something like that..unlikely..
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    When this happens, just contact a mod: they can put the spoiler option back on.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2010
    Tales of Interest are back:) Whoepeeeee
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Yeah!
    But I still can't see my fav movies ;(
  3.  permalink
    I have a problem, when I'm on WTM main page I see :
    At work it works fine but at my home it doesn't. Anyone know why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Try ctrl+f5
  4.  permalink
    It worked ! What does ctrl+f5 do ? Thanks =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    You're welcome.
    I think f5 only refreshes the page and ctrl+f5 forces a reload of the whole page, including files stored in your cache. I'm not sure, but it's something like that :p
    • CommentAuthoricemotion
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010
    It's just that. Ctrl+F5 also refreshes your cache
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010
    @rulo
    Tales of interest are back but wrong !
    They don't show the shouts on your (at least my) posted shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    On my home page, SotD of yesterday (26/11/2010) is http://whatthemovie.com/shot/783
    posted on sept 2008, and its solution is still not available !
    I guess it has been updated 2 days ago and fooled the system.
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    It's because Asmodai accidentally moved the shot into a secret stash (probably because of an upcoming sidequest) and when he put it back the system somehow thought it was a new shot in the ff. Initally there was even another old shot ( http://whatthemovie.com/shot/2235 ) awarded yesterdays sotd.
    I hope this mistake will be corrected soon and the sotd will be awarded to a shot that actually came through the NS that day.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    For the record: it wasn't ME that accidentally moved it, there are also other people next to me who make mistakes :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    We want names! Hang 'em higher!

btw: is there already a release-date for the sidequest?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    what's a sidequest ??
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    @kinoute: It's like a normal contest. Just instead of having an uploading time the shots that fit the topic are taken from FF (if everything works fine). The last one was the soccer-contest.