Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    I had the same problem with the secret stash

but I know who did it and it wasnt the mods
    she is very sorry for all the fuzz
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    The SotD has been awarded to the proper shot, by now, so basically the only "bad" things that happened is that it might have given one or two people false hope that their shot would get in the sidequest ;) All other small changes in FF solves etc. are temporary :P
  1.  permalink
    Hi everybody
    Just a little something I have noticed as a WTM Supporter.
    After uploading 5 shots of the same movie [let's say a graphically beautiful japanese movie like Goemon (#120218, #122824, #125710, #127595, #130790)] when someone try to upload a sixth one, that's what he red : "Sorry, You already uploaded two Snapshots of this movie. Become a WTM Supporter and upload up to 5 Snapshots from the same movie." whereas he should read something like : "Sorry, You already uploaded five Snapshots of this movie. The only way for you to upload a shot of this movie is to use an Awesome Upload or to upload Character Shots !! Thanks for the large contribution to the amount of shot of this movie on WTM"
    You know, something like that ... ;D
    (It's highly possible that someone noticed that way before me so if that's the case, can someone tell me ?)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011 edited
    Just FYI, you're giving out spoilers for your last two shots, as they haven't reached the 30 day mark yet and are still in the FF. ;)
  2.  permalink
    Damn it ! Let's hope nobody will solve them that way (the easy way) =D ; Thanks btw
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    for some reson I cant upload my shots today..hmm..
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeyser_Soze
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    Had the same problem yesterday and the day before...Must be some kind of bug
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    Same thing, all you have to do, though is try again and again and usually 3rd time is a charm:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeyser_Soze
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011 edited
    Third time is a charm doesn't work for me...I have trouble uploading for half an hour, even more. Hope it will get fixed soon
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    you have to try again and again. I have the same problem since yesterday, but eventually it works, dont refresh cause this wont work, just go through the all process again
    Someone needs to look at it but we have to be patient
    •  
      CommentAuthorTao
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011 edited
    Yeah I can't upload a new profile picture..
    EDIT: Third time's a charm...
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011
    Tales of Interest dead again?
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011 edited
    when you enter the main site while new or logged off, also gore/nudity pictures are shown as random solvables. However you can't see them.
    It would be better to filter them do you do not get the screen below

• CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    Noticed that on the Memoribilia site, when you highlight the Indy's-Whip it says

"The ultimate tools vor every adventurer and hobby archeologist."

I guess "vor" is a mistyping of "for". Not a big problem, but I thought i'd mention it :-)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Thx!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMicron
    In the memorabilia section I have another small bug: when you hover over a memorabilia icon, you see an explanation. This works for every icon, except the rank 10 icon. I noticed at profiles with a higher rank icons, the rank 10 also doesn't work.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Yep, i saw that yesterday, already fixed it on my server, ready to deploy next week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    Talking about memorabilia, I don't know if it's a bug but I've lost one of mine. The sandbag (You once were a supporter but things have changed) is gone. I don't know if it should be considered as a bug or if the sandbag is supposed to vanish after a while since I haven't donated for a while
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    Thanks. I just fixed it. It will be deployed in a couple of days
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    I wanted to upload another shot of The Fall but I already posted 5 (yes, love that movie a lot too ;-)) I got a message that I already uploaded 2 shots but if I become a supporter (which I already am) I may upload 5.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    i don't know about other people but my rank 5 doesn't show a description when i'm on my memorabilia page.
    it does when i'm on the profile page though.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011 edited

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    empty your cache, prototype is loaded from google
    @johannap i will see what i can do
    @chili will be fixed in the next deploy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    I am trying to upload a movie but it is saying that I need to be a supporter to do it as I already have 2 from that movie in FF . . . but I am a supporter . . . ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Maybe you already uploaded 5 shots of this movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    uh oh . . . lol . . I will check . . . :)
  3.  permalink
    Kinoute !

What the hell are you doing ???

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011 edited
    erf yeah sorry people are sensible nowadays i had to do it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011 edited
    going through old shots in the archive using the "previous" button i get "Sorry, you are not allowed to view this snapshot" every few shots and i'm redirected to some random archive shot i didn't want to see.
    but it only does this if you check "show unsolved only". if you uncheck it, it works fine.
    i get it when clicking "previous" on this shot for example: http://whatthemovie.com/shot/16866
    remember to check "show unsolved only".
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    What I just noticed is that these two numbers of shots in the database aren't equal.

There's a gap of around 10,000 shots. Maybe it would be good if the stats at the bottom of the page are updated automaticly somehow, once a new shot hits the database.
    I thought I would mention it.

edit: hmm, now thinking about it it's probably no mistake, since I just saw that the shot numbers in FF aren't consecutive...so it could be correct...would need confirmation if it's a mistake or not. (a gap of 10,000 shots still looks a bit weird to me)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Some people upload a shot and on the last step they don't want to submit it to WTM anymore (wrong image, black bars etc) so it creates a ID for the shot but since the shot will never be submitted, that makes a gap. And a lot of shots are deleted, the number is correct.

And don't forget there are not just NS/FF shots, there are character shots, title shots, vault shots, so that why the FF shots are not consecutive. Also, another explanation, IF NS shots were consecutive, since just 50 shots are taken per day, obviously in the FF section they won't be consecutives
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011
    thanks for the fast answer, kinoute.

(My thinking behind it was that the gap between the last shot ID number in NS (which is 157,249 at the moment) and the shots in database (which is 147,389 at the moment) should be a lot bigger than just 10,000...because every day surely about 50% of the shots are rejected and don't make it into the database. Character Shots, Title Shots and Vault shots add a bit to increase the number yes...but from my feeling not so much that the difference between the two numbers could be only 10,000.

Like you said we also have to take into account that shots get deleted (dupes) or people stop the upload process half way...that would also lead to an increase of the shot ID number and decrease of shots in the database.)

Well guess my feeling was wrong then, thanks for confirmation that the numbers are correct. :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Rejected shots are counted in the number. They are not deleted (only if the user wants to delete it manually to reupload it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011 edited
    Is uploading not working right now ?

nevermind . . it's good . . . :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2011
    A long time small bug :
    On the profile page, the 3 favourite movies displayed show sometimes hidden images. Example:

The "Short cuts" image displayed under the pointer is not in the database (although I am sure
    it has been submitted)
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    I think the shortcuts takes also shots in the rejected ones...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Well, it takes the highest ranked shot so its weird thats the shot from this movie in the favmovies is a rejected one! I can manually change it if you want...
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    No problem if it is a feature and not a bug :)
    btw it is a pity that the highest ranked shot has been rejected.
    But it is a good thing that a movie with no shots in FF can be chosen and that a shot will be displayed if there are some rejected shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011
    @kinoute: You can just magical accept the shot from Short Cuts if you want ;), then the shot will be in FF! Efji: Good to see 2 of my shots in your example:D!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    Something I just noticed.

When you have the options switched on "Don't show nudity" or "Don't show gore", you see the shot like this:

However you still can give a vote on the shot. Why would anyone be allowed to rate a shot, which he actually doesn't see?

Someone who doesn't like nudity or gore could just give a bad rating like this, just for the simple fact it is an "explicit" shot.

In my opinion you only should be allowed to rate a shot when you actually can see it.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Yep, you're right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    I wonder how many users use the filtering options "nudity" and "gore".
    Any stats ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    sati and... that's it ! :p
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011 edited
    342 accounts filter on gore, 143 on nudity.

(...if I read the database correctly...)

EDIT: for the accounts that were active in the last 30 days, that is
    [Sun, Jun 19th - 21:17:24] <tlifff> 0.8% have enabled the gore filter again by hand
    [Sun, Jun 19th - 21:17:54] <tlifff> 14% have it still on by default
    [Sun, Jun 19th - 21:18:49] <tlifff> also 0.8% have the nudity filter on
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011 edited
    kinoute - huh?
    I don't use filters.
    • CommentAuthorMlpangelina
    I don't know if it's some kind of error, but I tried the Portuguese title for this shot http://whatthemovie.com/shot/160179, but it wasn't accepted despite the flag there. Well, I got the shot right cause I know the original title.

Edit: same thing with this one http://whatthemovie.com/shot/164471 . If you try the portuguese title on imdb you will be redirected to the page of this movie, but the answer is not accepted here :(
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    The Portuguese flag appears because of the Brazilian title, which is in Portuguese too.

I added the IMDb Portugal title, it should work now.

By the way, since both shots are from the same movie, if doesn't work for one, it won't work for the other: languages are linked the movie, not the shots. ;)
  4.  permalink
    Actually, I was talking about the brazilian title, I'm brazilian myself. It's working fine now thanks :D
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
    @Mlpangelina
    You can add this alternative titles yourself, btw. If you notice that there's some titles missing just go to the wtm page of the movie an add the title under the "info" tab. There you can also see which titles do work for a specific movie.