Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015
    Thank you! It was great.
  1.  permalink
    I get the Error 500's Gator when I try to get the "Crime" genre movies list, by clicking on a "Crime" tag, in a movie page (the page searched before Error 500 is : http://whatthemovie.com/search?t=genre&q=Crime).
    I never had any error searching other genre's list.
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2016
    Hi!
    It's not the first time that it happened to me but when I create a new movie in the database, as I add some alternat titles, only the original and the last alternative are taken in consideration, all the others do not appear once the movie created and I have to do it again... not very funny to enter twice a dozen of titles...
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2016
    That's a known bug.
    My workaround is to create the movie with only two titles and add the other titles afterwards.
    Get's you a few extra bucks, too. ;-D
    • CommentAuthoryhi
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016
    Hi,

On some shots, the link to the next one (when you click next or do the right arrow) is kind of broken.
    Example : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/376371
    When I click next, I have a message "sorry you're not allowed to see this snapshot", and a random picture as if I clicked the awesome button.
    Maybe it's when a snapshot is deleted, then the link to the next one is not corrected ?

Well, it's a detail, but it obliges me to go the overview and to select manually the next one each time it happens and it may be easy to solve.

Anyway, you'll be aware of the problem.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016
    This is because the next shot is stashed for a sidequest. So, indeed a bug, thanks for the heads-up!
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2016
    That reminds me: Two of my snapshots recently have been stashed - taken from FF, decreasing of my FF-uploads included. Intended or bug?
    And any idea when that secret-stash-sidequest will take place?
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016
    Recently I've experienced multiple instances of the same character name on the movies info page.

Whether this is a bug, or someone is adding the same character multiple times, I don't know, but I think it should be investigated.

As an example, try taking a look at the site for Spectre

http://whatthemovie.com/movie/spectre/characters
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016
    Hi there,

if a character has an actors name associated with it, it has been imported from another source. When it's a dupe, either the source (TMDB) has it double as well, or somebody changed the actors name on our side causing the system to think it's not there yet and reimporting it (which is a known problem). I will deactivate all dupe ones for Spectre tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016
    Didn't you mean IMDB?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No, I did not.
    • CommentAuthorBan
    Adding tags right when uploading a shot is partially broken: the tags are not split on commas anymore, leading to the creation of a single tag, including any commas. The help text still states it should work.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016
    No problems here (just checked).
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    long time bug fixed: all alternative titles should now be saved when adding a movie to the database
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016 edited
    Including extra bucks? ;-)

Seriously: Thank you very much!
    That makes things much easier for those who are not yet allowed to add extra titles later - and is much fairer to those who know the movie, but by another legit title that hadn't been uploaded yet.
    • CommentAuthorBan
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    @greyhound really? That's odd, I tried at least 5 times and same result. I also tried refreshing my browser cache, and a completely different browser -- same results.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    @Ban Did you put a space after each comma?
    • CommentAuthorBan
    @geryhound no, should I? I never did and it always worked, but I can try next time and hope the space won't get added to the tag ^^
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    @Ban I never tried without a space after (but not before) the comma.
    • CommentAuthorBan
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016
    Wow, I tried that (comma-space) and it worked :) I'll have to try again a few times with an without it, but that worked.
    Something definitely changed here though, I'm positive the space wasn't required before.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    oopsie
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    When looking at my top 10 uploaded shots, shots with tag nudity is not displayed (explicite content), despite being logged-in, and nudity enabled.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016 edited
    Known issue, its a cache problem and I will fix it ASAP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2016
    How is it possible ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2016
    I fixed this but I won't be able to deploy the changes for the moment.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2016
    I deployed the fix. From now on, when an user connects again, his login time should be correctly cached!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2016
    thanks @kinoute
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016
    well...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016 edited
    He logged in/made his FF solve on May 7th, way before I deployed the fix.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016
    The "show answer" dates in the animation vault has not been set right (after the reschedule?). Answers can be shown when pushing the button.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2016
    This news already reached kinoute and seems to be fixed, thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2016 edited
    a problem with the score in the vault , maybe i'm not alone :

55 shots to solve , 1 from me , after solves i have 6 shots unsolved and my score is 45/55 ? missing 3 pts
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    You requested the solution by using the "show solution" glitch as described earlier on #378080 yesterday, so the solve is not valid.

For #379684 and #377160 I fixed it, it should be correct in a few minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    yes i know #378080 the shot is already in my unsolved shots , i saw the solution but i didn't solve it!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Yeah I know you didn't solve it, you can't solve it anymore since you requested the solution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    that's ok... but one point still missing
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Remember the HoF & top solvers/uploaders on contests are not updated in real time. They are cached & updated every 20 min or so. Should be correct in a few minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    ok :) but i see 47 solved , it should be 48
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Read again my post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    that's good THANK you :) ... sorry ! :)
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    @kinoute, hello, I have a similar problem as Zo0 but I don't recall asking for solutions on any of snaps in the contest. maybe it's my mistake . . . . . In the overview I see 47 solved but in my score there's 36 acknowledged solves, could you please look into it
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    yeah I just discovered (thanks to zo0) a very old bug on sidequests. It's related to shots you solved before they got stashed.

Check again your score in 20/30 minutes max and tell me if now it's correct.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    yes, it's ok now, thank you for the fast response and fixing the bug... have a nice one
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2016
    Right here: The "not signed in sign in" etc. are dark gray on black in the top left corner - not that well readable... ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016
    Even logged in and with the nudity filter off, I get this:

• CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2016
    A minor glitch:
    When adding an alt-title and immediately deleting it again, I still have the 2 Bucks.
    (The alt-title was legit but not useful.)
    Feel free to cash in those 2 Bucks. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2016
    Well, not quite an error - more of a suggestion/request:

"#389981 has been deleted.
    Reasons were:
    MisterZob: dupe: #294383"

I didn't see that, because I usually check for dupes on the movie-site - including Character Shots.
    Reason: Quality and browsing through shots are much better/more comfortable there.
    I never suspected there would be multiple character shots of the same character;
    all but the first one only visible when you click the character...
    Would it be possible to add the number of Character Shots in brackets?
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016
    When moving around on the site, I often get a blank page (page is not loading), where I have to go back, and try again.

This has been a problem in the past, so I think there must be a fix for it, but wanted to let you know in case you weren't having the same problems.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016 edited
    have the same problems as @Solhanne. If i browse for shots every about 3rd shot is not loading and i get a blank white screen like him. But there is more broken, if the shot is loading correct and i try to enter the solution there is sometimes the same problem, i enter the movie name then press enter and nothing happens (no green or red reaction from the side for right or wrong - after hiting enter 4-5 times i get the green mark). As i rated new submission another problem, about every 5th shot wtm not logged my voting. It seems the same error makes many different things not work as it should.

@Solhanne
    it makes it a bit easier to hit "F5" as go back and try again
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016
    @Winterwolf - Nah ... I have forward and back coded to different buttons on my mouse.