Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLewynn
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    A few suggestions to improve ( or not... )the website :
    (I´m sorry if any of them were already discussed or have been got out of the table )

1º - A "add to shelf" button o the movie page would greatly improve the shelf/movies interaction, making it easy to build our shelf

2º - A tab after of before "reviews" with "Ratings" where we can browse and sort out our movie ratings; this would make more people rate movies.

3º - A movies report; Most rated, movies with most screenshots, movies missing info and screens.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Your second point: Maybe name it "Favorite movies" or smth? And move the movies from favorites to there.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    yeah, 3 great things!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010 edited
    It might not be a "suggestion for the website", but I think it would be a good idea.

Why don't you print up some WTM T-shirts that people can buy.

Like this one:

This way you could earn a couple of bucks, and we can advertise for the best website in the world.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    I believe there are already Tshirts :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I think there are two t-shirts, owned by naut and tliff, but from what I hear they are planning (in their own unique way ;)) something.
  1.  permalink
    Due to the increasing number of my shouts being crapped (something that I can understand because I even crap my own shouts), I suggest a special button to spare WTM users to read them, especially for one of our beloved Moderator who doesn't love me anymore.

This is called the CENSOR BUTTON. No more no less.

This is how it looks:

And this how you activate it:

Here is a BEFORE capture:

And here is an AFTER capture:

And here's the GRAND FINAL:

Because Democracy is an illusion, even inside an internet movie fan base, this button can be a breeze of fresh air for you, dear Moderator who's name I can't say anymore. ;)
  2.  permalink
    Not all is lost.
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    @Asmoidai, regarding to point 2, i mean listing our ratings. for example, imagine i would like to see what rate you gave to "Seven" our to "The Godfather"....
    • CommentAuthorCW
    Take a break Palahniuk007, Take a break...
  3.  permalink
    Hey what's happening lol !
  4.  permalink
    No censoring!
    Democracy sucks, but censory is worse :-)
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    Hum... something tells me there´s drama on my topic ^_^
    • CommentAuthorthaizy
    3º - A movies report; Most rated, movies with most screenshots, movies missing info and screens.

i think it's a good idea.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    don't you have a job or something Palahniuk007?
  5.  permalink
    Just look at what I got when I was uploading my first shot for the contest:

I guess Palahniuk007 has some supernatural powers on here... or not lol
  6.  permalink
    lollers I KNEW there was something about the captchas, but no ones would tell me! It's Palahniuk! Got you!
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    ty thaizy =)

lol @ drama! didnt knew there was drama around here xD
  7.  permalink
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    jesus.. thats a lot of work :o
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    You could actually set up a store at www.cafepress.com and sell those.

In fact, WTM should sell merchandise!!!
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    From a drama comes out a business idea! xD
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    Wow... I feel very honored to be included in this community project with my avatar!
    You definitely have too much time. Is it raining? :-D
    But... thumbs up!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I like the black one :-)
  8.  permalink
    Great! The black background of my avatar suits the black shirt very well. I want one!
  9.  permalink
    Hahaha great shirts !! And great add Palahniuk007 :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJanitor
    About the censoring I agree with ErikMeijers: "Democracy sucks, but censory is worse".

I can't seem to find it anymore, but I believe Palahniuk007 suggested that you could buy Awesome Uploads with your WTM bucks.
    I think that's a great idea, then you can actually save for something with those bucks. How about 5000 bucks? Feel free to make a different offer.
    I think it's more fair for the users so that they can post cool shots of movies that are stuffed with good shots (read: Avatar).
    This way they don't have to wait for months to get an open slot (and the cool shots are already taken). It's also a good motivation to vote shots.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    @Janitor definitely, 5000 are a lot of bucks, but it's not good if everybody can buy awesome uploads for cheap and flood awesome uploads
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    I like the idea of buying awesome uploads, but only if you have enough to keep your set hierarchy. For example: Let's use 5.000 bucks. Now I'm a EP with 60.000 bucks, I use 5.000 to buy an awesome upload, now I have 55.000, wich is enough to be a EP. So now I can't buy another awesome upload because if I do I woulD have less than 53.000 bucks necessary to be an EP.

Did I make myself clear? It was harder than I thought to write this in english... :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010 edited
    quote: "About the censoring I agree with ErikMeijers: "Democracy sucks, but censory is worse". "

OK the joke has gone too far now. This is the problem with palahniuk's jokes. No-one is being censored. But others believe it for some reason.

A moderator simply asked Palahniuk to stop telling people that this moderator was going to delete their shots. People weren't getting the "joke" so it just made the moderator out to be an ass. I can understand why he told you not to drag him into your jokes, it doesn't mean palahniuk can't say his name any more, just stop telling people that he was going to delete their shots. It wasn't funny, and people believed him.
  10.  permalink
    True.

I'm sorry.

There! I said it!

I'm sorry to have terrorized some nice fellows out there.
    I'm no Alien. I'm Jake Blues.

And I'm sorry to have push too far the jokes with you, Asmodai.
    It was not personal at all, believe me. I needed an accomplice.
    I just like your avatar so much it also gave me a lot of inspiration. That's all.

And I really enjoyed your Palahniuk's Board of Parents With Taste uploads.
    I thought it was a go-for-it to mess around a little bit more.
    Hand in hand. You and me. Forever!

Please accept my apologies.

Now.

No one censored me at all!
    I'm the censor here! I am THE DELETER!

I AM THE PERVERSE GOD OF THE DELETE BUTTON.

I still have my Board of Censorship ready to be launch any day now.
    So beware: I'm watching your uploads with my four eyes...
    I will NOT let you sleep at night. I'm your worst nightmare.
    I will have no mercy for Dupes and Black Bars, Boobs and Dogs, Snap I Like But I Don't Know The Movie, LOTR Contests and much more to come.

For free T-Shirts you have to transmit your postal address to Them00ch.

;-)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Apology accepted. A joke occasionally is good, keeps the site fun, but you just overdid it ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    And I still want that black tshirt in fatty size.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    @Mikebozzio yeah that's a good idea!
  11.  permalink
    I also think it's a great idea. It could be fixed that only mm let's say SD, CG or higher can "buy" AUs, in order not to waste them with low quality or shots with black bars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    kinda Tyler Durden jokes IMO
    •  
      CommentAuthorJanitor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010 edited
    Perhaps 5000 bucks is a little too high, 4000 maybe?
    The reason I think it shouldn't be much lower is because it won't be fair to the supporters of the site. They pay real money for their Awesome Uploads. If the price was to be reduced to, say 1000, any monkey can buy them, and that won't be fair.

Ah well, it's just a suggestion, but I still think it's a great idea.
    And about the fact that your rank might be lowered... maybe a warningsign before you buy an Awesome Upload and a little overview of how much you have and can spend should do the trick?

I leave the decision to the moderators
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    You can deserve 300 WTM points a day. A supporter gets one awesome upload per month, so it would be fair to give it (more than) one month as they are paying.

Also we supporters pay to keep the site fast and with enough capacity for all the shots. With 4000 every non-supporter can upload a shot in like 14 days. Then we supporters have to pay even more to keep the site running, whereas we have less awesome uploads (in ratio).
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    A philanthropic idea but I don't think it's fair unless the awsome upload costs you around 15.000 bucks, thats almost two months of maximum buck income. Supporters pay for their AU's and get one AU for every month they're supporter. Giving away (there's just nothing else you can do with bucks) awsome uploads would just be disadvantuous for the supporters.

IMO non-supporters should just use the NS to upload shots or win AU's at the contests.

It would be, on the other hand, fun if there was a possibility to spend your bucks.
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    AU's should be a kind of currency.. not the bucks. :-D 100 AU's for being the next contest host, hahaha ^^
  12.  permalink
    Missed all the fun of the topic, darn :)

Two things I was thinking about:

-When we try to upload a picture, you first choose type of upload, then type the captchas, and only then you find out if you can or cannot add your snapshot. System is fine, but it's kinda tiring when you're getting 10 messages of no slot free in a row and you have to get through all the typing thing to try another one. Could the order be changed?

-I'd like to have a way to see how my contest snaps are going, without necessarely voting on them. It's no big deal, though :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    No, this is the right order, because if you changed it the captcha would be useless. It is there to prevent bots checking which slots are taken (and therefore, which movies have shots in NS/last week FF).
    We changed showing the vault ratings, because we saw that invited a lot of "strategic" voting. This way is better, but the only solution if you really want to know is to vote.
  13.  permalink
    Oh, I see =) I imagined it wouldn't be that way for nothing, thanks for explaining, Asmodai
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Not as urgent as the current situation with showing previously uploaded shots of the movie you want to upload, but it might be an idea, not sure if it's possible though, to show also the feature films you already have solved in the list of shots where you have to check if your shot is already there.
    That way there is less chance of a dupe.

Sorry for my sucky english but I drank some beer and then my English skills go down like hell:) If it isn't clear I'll explain it tomorrow
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    I like the idea of rulo.

Regarding SunsetWalkers suggestion: I see that the Captcha is necessary, but I think the link saying that the slot is gone leads back to the first step, where you have to chose the mode again. Maybe it could take you to step 2, but using the tab-link to step 2 does the trick too.

One thing I would suggest instead is to shorten the process of uploading title-shots and character-shots. E.g. I follow the upload-link of an end-shot on a movie page. Then I would expect to enter the upload-process with end-shot and the movie already chosen so I just have to check for dupes and upload the shot. But instead the upload starts from step 1 and I have to enter all the information by myself. This is especially annoying if you want to upload several character shots for the same movie. You have to chose character-mode, enter the name of the movie and chose the name of the character over and over again instead of just following an upload-link next to each character on the movie page.

Hope you know what I mean and there is a possibility to implement this. Thanks :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    That would be a great improvement :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Yeah I have been thinking on the same as fnick. Great idea!
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    i still think the tag search option should and could be made better. Now it's only usefull for searching one tag, not a combination of multiple tags. that would help in finding shots