Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    New Order - Blue Monday

1.  permalink
    i am listening to interpol right now, and i totally love this video:

• CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Big like to New Order and here is something for all The Cure fans :)

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010 edited
    Haaaa the Cure, all my youth :)

Asian Dub Foundation
    I know you love them too Liquid TV, we should go to some concert together with the same taste we have :)

I discovered them in 1998 when I was living in the UK, went to their concert and was blown away, so much energy, musically so good and so politically engaged. I loooooove them! I have everything they've done :)

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    Aphex Twin - Robber Johnny (the videos from Chris Cunningham are always so amazing)

• CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    Hey! Yesterday the festival was amazing!
    I saw: Of Montreal (nice, ok), Mika (The best show of the night!!!), Phoenix (AWESOMEE!), Pavement (Great!), Smashing Pumpkins (argh... the end was fine...)
    Now i have to wait Passion Pit come back to see them... But ok.
    Tomorrow Paul!
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    • CommentAuthorBernieLomax
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010 edited
    Chrisy: New Order is great! But i guess if i had to choose one group or artist to be listening for the rest of my life it would be without a shadow of a doubt, Depeche Mode.

Right now i have a soft spot for Fleet Foxes

•  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Oh yeah Fleet Foxes rocks, absolutely one of my favorites.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010 edited
    Aimee Mann
    I just can't stop listening to her lately, the Magnolia soundtrack is just wonderful!
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    Perfection is such an amazing track, but Opposites attract haunts me!
    Mykonos is absolutely charming, I always listen to it, when I'm on my way to univeristy :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorShrimpyPants
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010 edited
    windowlicker and come to daddy - pure awesomness! ;]

•  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010

•  
      CommentAuthortorqu3

• CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Good morning!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    torqu apart from The Offspring you quite simply uploaded most of what I listen to :)
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    I used to listen to rock mainly, but I must say my tastes changed since a few years, even if I'm still listening some "classics" of course (The Doors, Radiohead, Ben Harper's early work, Iggy Pop, Janis Joplin, Jeff Buckley and many others...). According to the list I've done, I have around 1900 CD in my collection, and I classified them by genre (if we consider that possible): 35% is reggae, 22% rock and 13% Hip-Hop, the rest being electronic music, world music, "chanson française", etc...

But what I really like about music is discovering new artists and I'm surprised the most important part of the bands listed above in this thread are American/English, or at least english speaking, and known all over the world. I'm sure everyone listen to bands coming from his own country and I think it would be nice to share about them, I'd like to know them!

So I begin with some french bands I like, and first of all some coming from Grenoble, my hometown (which is a safe city, don't believe what you see in the newspapers!)

Djemdi: amazing band, they could be from anywhere as they don't sing, and their music is based mainly on didgeridoo and djembe. One of the best band I've seen on stage these last years, they deserve to become famous!

Pep's:became famous recently in France with this song, Liberta:

Sinsemilia: they were really good when I was in High School, like 10 or 12 years ago, now their music is quite bad, but still, one of the most famous bands from Grenoble. A cover of "La mauvaise réputation" from Georges Brassens, quite good IMHO

Other french bands I like:

Dionysos, my favorite rock band, totally amazing on stage!

Dub Incorporation:

Meï Teï Shô. Unforunately, the singer on the video (Sir Jean) is no more part of the band, but he's also known for his work with Zenzile, Ezekiel, JMPZ, Le Peuple de l'Herbe, all bands I really enjoy too.

Birdy Nam Nam, for those who like electronic music, you probably already know them:

Well, I could give 20 more bands I like but this is enough for now, and I'm too lazy to find the corresponding videos. Now waiting for you to make me discover stuff from all around the world :)
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    @sati - torque xD
    then you have very good taste in music ;)

2.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthoraril
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    @Shayah and anyone else who might be interested in Dutch music:

Caro Emerald, actually I think she's pretty well known internationally these days. How can you not love this music? Has a jazzy feel to it.

Go Back To The Zoo - Electric

Tim Knol - Sam (great video, btw)

The Opposites - Licht Uit (Dutch song, but for me it's more about the feel of the song than the lyrics)

De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig - Hollereer (Also in Dutch, but it doesn't make a difference as they're unintelligible for Dutch people anyway)

• CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    oke, my turn.. 2 fantastic songs:

Swans - Goddamn the sun

Mark Lanegan - Wedding dress (possibly my fav artist)

•  
      CommentAuthorsati

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Shayah
    We have the same taste but I sort of guessed that already :)
    I love Birdy Nam Nam, awesome band
    I will come back with dutch electro in a bit and some French, i have to do both I guess :)
  3.  permalink
    give me his pants and that girl!
  4.  permalink
    beautiful video, reminds me of dancer in the dark
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010 edited
    @ShrimpyPants: I heard about Die Antwoord, they're "a bit" strange but that's quite funny. One of their videos has been made by Neill Bloomkamp (actually, I'm not sure it's true, but as they're all from South Africa, why not), and we can see the "alien's hand" from his movie Ditsrict 9. I don't post the video here because there are some young people around here, but you can find it easily on Youtube (the song is "Evil Boy"). I'm sure olympiquetango will love it, it would be perfect for the mission :)

@aril: I didn't know Caro Emerald, thanks for sharing, that's nice :)

@Chrisy: you're right about our common tastes, except I hate almost everything coming from the 80's, including some "great bands" like New Order, The Cure, U2, etc... Sorry about that, I can't explain it, I just can't bear anything coming from this period :(
    • CommentAuthoraril
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010
    @Shayah: glad you liked it!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    Legowelt (and bunker record in general) by far my favorite dutch artist (there are not too many comparing to bigger countries it is true) but this guy makes awesome music!

Doe Maar
  5.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010 edited
    When I was young I didn't like Depeche Mode very much until I saw this concert (on tv, of course)

like a corn field in the wind ... still sends cold shivers up and down my spine
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010
    I really love this one these days, so I wanted to share it with you :D
  6.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Goran Bregović for all is amazing Kusturica soundtracks and uplifting balkan music :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    MISS KITTIN - FRANK SINATRA
    ^^
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    Archive
    Fantastic band
    I love how they can go from a 15mn long Pink Floyd like mind blowing song ("again" for example) to a banging tune like "Numb" to some trip hop or more electronic tunes. Really nice band
  7.  permalink
    #
  8.  permalink
    Wow, I have to say you people have really good tastes in music! Saw many stuff I like in here!
    I'm into post-punk bands, especially Joy Division, The Fall and The Smiths, alternative/experimental rock, such as Sonic Youth, Pixies, Yo La Tengo, Guided by Voices and Pavement, shoegaze, like My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Chapterhouse, Cranes and Slowdive, and folk/acoustic music, like Nick Drake and Elliott Smith. Oh, and a bit of classic rock, such as The Beatles, The Velvet Underground and The Doors. I also listen to a lot of female vocalists: PJ Harvey, Lisa Germano, Liz Phair and Joni Mitchell are my favourites.
    I love Marie Antoinette's soundtrack (by Kevin Shields), which features The Strokes, New Order, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Gang of Four and The Cure, simply wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    The new Radiohead's album will be out next saturday :)

http://thekingoflimbs.com/
  9.  permalink
    My current favourite film soundtrack: Submarine, by Alex Turner (main singer from Arctic Monkeys).

The EP was officially released in UK today and here are some of my favourite songs from youtube.

• CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    Sucker punch soundtrack is amazing!
  10.  permalink
    because it playing on the radio right now, because i love nat king cole, bacause it makes me think of someone special, because the sun is shining... but the song isn´t called porque porque porque ;)

• CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    The one I just can't stop listening to

11.  permalink
    listening right now:

nice and sunny day everybody!
  12.  permalink
  13.  permalink
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    Hans Zimmer - Time

The song is awesome but video clip with some beautiful scenes from other movies make it even more stunning
    BTW:a lot of shots :)
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai