Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBernieLomax
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    Posted this one yesterday http://whatthemovie.com/shot/130657 I hesitated before i uploaded this one, but went ahead when i saw there was already one shot of the movie represented here. As i suspected it seems as it not allowed. It's a bit confusing when titles who apparently not are allowed are in the database. Do the mods have the authority to delete them from the database or add something like "not allowed" behind the title? Or could we present titles here on a "not allowed-list"?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    No, we can't delete those movie entries. A "locked for upload" feature will most likely be implemented eventually.
    For now, the only thing we can do is indeed edit the title to add something like "NOT ALLOWED" or "DON'T UPLOAD SHOTS". We've already done that on several titles. But there's no easy way for us to do all of them.
    If you want to start a list, be my guest. But remember the rules: a movie can have shots uploaded on WTM *only* if it's a "feature film" according to IMDb.
    That means : no (V), no (TV), no (TV series), no (TV mini-series), no (VG) in the main IMDb title + no "Short" as a genre on IMDb.
  1.  permalink
    @MisterZob

Thanks for the quick and clear answer. I understand it's not easy to edit all, but it's nice to see you mods are aware of this problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    Well then, let's make this list!
    Let's make a new topic for it.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    One last thing : Please do NOT vote for deletion on shots already uploaded for those entries.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Related to this: I already asked naut for a list off all the movies in the database and updates on newly created movies. We can (very slowly) go through this and send naut a list of these movies who are unwanted (and HE can block them from uploading!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011 edited
    is this movie allowed?

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1679332/
    WTM: http://whatthemovie.com/movie/ultramarines_a_warhammer_40_000_movie

it's got "no (V), no (TV), no (TV series), no (TV mini-series), no (VG) in the main IMDb title + no "Short" as a genre on IMDb".
    but i doubt that it's a feature film and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarines:_The_Movie has it filed under the category "direct-to-dvd films".

so what's the rule on that ?
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    well direct to DVD and no theatrical release..I personally wouldn't allow it..
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    and I write movie name 4-5 time when was uploaded and nothig..and now movie name is accepted..wtf..
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    @torqu3
    oh, that's my "fault". i added the title "ultramarines" to the alternative titles because i think this short title should be accepted as well as the full title "Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie".
    if that's illegal because it's not an official title on IMDb i apologize to the mods.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011 edited
    but what do the mods say to this ?
    is there any rule regarding such cases ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    No, there is not. Only person who can call this one would be naut.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011 edited
    OK, then i won't post any shots until it's decided.
    it's got some really beautiful ones though.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011
    We don’t have a rule for that right, our only frame of reference is IMDb so I’d allow it.

If we start to include wikipedia or other platforms in our decisions it probably gets messy.

Go for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011
    alright, thanks.