Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011 edited
    To all our dear WTM friends

As you might know, WTM is currently short of a programmer to push things forward.
    Tliff had more urgent things to take care of so he had to stop working on WTM.

What we’re looking for:
    > reliable, friendly and enthusiastic folks who want to make WTM better (and by reliable you understand we dont want someone who start messing the all site and change everything his way of course, team work ^^)
    > people who are able to react fast in case of big problems and can have a frequent presence on the IRC chat
    > in this case also necessary: programming skills

Here’s our setup:
    > Framework: Ruby on Rails & Capistrano deployment
    > Database: Mysql and some Redis
    > Webserver: Nginx & Unicorn
    > VCS: Git on Github

Your main task:
    > Kill the errorgator (make WTM run more stable)
    > Squash some bugs
    > Implement new features

Unfortunately we can’t offer any cash for compensation. We are all working for free!
    Because someone lately raised the question about how the supporter money is spent:
    All the money which goes into the site is spent on server and domain costs (We have never taken any money out of this pot).

Apply with your programming portfolio (please show us some sample code, your github profile, etc) to contact Naut at
    quiz@whatthemovie.com
    Best is to also come on the IRC chat or to drop us a message (Chrisy, Misterzob or Asmodai) on our profile if you are interesting or if you know someone, to get things moving faster :)

We’re not necessarily looking for one single programmer, it can also be a small team of people.
    We are first looking for someone who is already member of the community and already knows how the site works but of course we are open to wider suggestions if this doesn't work out :)

Let's build up a great new team and improve the best quiz site on the net (it still is hey!!)

***WTM team***
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    I hope you find someone

the errogator is getting on my nerves :)

but I must say today is a great day for WTM
    WTM is fast and gentle to us :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    I know :) and even early this morning which is generally horrible...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    mailed you
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    Good luck with that and long live WTM :)
    Hopefully you'll find the chosen one
    • CommentAuthormjsps
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    Sorry, but I'm not able to that job.
    Is it a full time job, or may be a free time( 1 or 2 hours a day) job? maybe I know someone...
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    Hey, what Rails version do you use?
    v2.2+ with build-in connection pooling?
    Do you use any kind of low level caching?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    why ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012

No, seriously, atm i'm studying RoR and stumbled upon the v2.2+ connection pooling.
    At my regular job i develop Java-based webapplications (JSP/JSF) with massiv SQL usage and using pools and caches helps a lot to improve the speed of a db-based website.
    I just want to know if you use these techniques already.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    :D

We're using rails 2.3.3 and we're preparing the website to switch to the v3. For the others things, i can't tell you, not because i don't want to but because i'm not sure exactly. We use the rails caching and some redis