Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011 edited
    Hey everyone,

I thought I'd surprise you all a bit with a sudden vault-contest! This will be a long one with solving time of 2 weeks, so let's make this a nice and big one!

The theme for this vault is Creepy Crawlers, a topic many people already suggested and voted for in some of our previous polls. We interpret this theme as animals with OVER 4 legs, or no legs at all! (And no, you can't do pictures of "normal" animals where the legs just are not visible or cut off).
    Normal rules for vaults count: only one shot per movie, 2 shots per uploader (3 for supporters), top 10 in solving and best rated shots win awesome uploads, top 3 memorabilia. No sharing of hints, only upload shots that could normally be uploaded into NS as well.

The dates:
    Uploading starts next saturday 23rd and lasts for a week, after which solving starts (30th of april). Solving will take two weeks and the contest will be over on the 14th of may.

Oh, and one more thing: Please DON'T upload shots that fit in theme into NS during the upload phase, because the slot was taken. This only gives a higher chance of dupes, after which we have to delete shots (which nobody likes).

After this contest, there will be a new sidequest (but I'm not going to spoil any surprises on that!), so it might be that some shots magically disappear the coming weeks.

Have fun!

EDIT: We haven't got a system yet to avoid the same people winning multiple vaults after another (but we are working on this!), so I just hope some people will decide to skip one after ending high in the previous one, to give others a chance to win as well :)
  1.  permalink
    I'm sorry if the following question is a dumb one but here it is: how do we upload those shots? As usual, I guess. But do we have to leave shout stating that we are submitting this or that shot for the vault-contest?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    When you go to the upload menu (the very first step after clicking the upload button), you get a screen titled "1: Choose Upload Mode". In this menu you can select "Contest Upload" when the vault is open for uploading (this is the third option from above). After this uploading goes just as normal.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Oh, a small addition: The creature in question of course has to be able to CRAWL (it's all in the name), so not just uploading shots of fish.
  2.  permalink
    Oh I get it, thanks. Sorry for the stupid question but I haven't had the pleasure (yet) to participate to a vault contest. Let's hope for the best with this contest!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Hey a contest! Great! I'll go searching for shots.
    • CommentAuthorwintria
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011 edited
    Yay, a new vault :) Really looking forward to this one... One question though: would "fantasy" creatures be accepted as well or is it real-life animals/insects only?

EDIT: Should've checked the vault before posting here...
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    As long as they are creepy crawlers, it's fine with me :) (So no beautiful, clean, centaurs or smth).
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    As kindly requested by mods, I officially decline to participate in this vault :) Good luck to everybody and have fun!
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    Great contest idea! :)

Unfortunately I don't have any movies with snaps involving something like this cutesy here
  3.  permalink
    maybe you can make a notice on the main site, i stumbeled accidently on the contest in the vault, if you want it big you better let everyone know.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011
    Yes, this will certainly happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMicron
    With no legs at all you mean worms and maggots and not snakes I suppose? But what about flies and bees and other flying insects with more than four legs that can crawl, but mainly fly? ;)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Worms, maggots, but also snakes, yes (they crawl too). Flying insects are also fine :) "We interpret this theme as animals with OVER 4 legs, or no legs at all!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    Good idea Asmodai this 'sudden vault-contest' and I like the creepy subject as well.
    Although, I don't watch that much creepy crawling thingies movies. :P
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    Shouldn't this be "Creepy Crawlies" not "Creepy Crawlers"?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No, they crawl, they are not being crawled (or would that be crawlees...?)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Oh, one more thing:

Sometimes people take the title or description of a vault as the rules for theme. While this usually works fine, there are always some weird exceptions. Therefore, the only right place where you can find what fits in theme and what doesn't is the forum topic for the vault (this one). So the animal in question can be really fluffy and still fit the theme, or flying and not crawling but still be okay. On the other hand, you can get a crawling, creepy human, but it won't be good!
    • CommentAuthorVito
    http://img13.imageshack.us/i/81820755.png/

I question, whether this kind will be allowed a shot that
    drawing or a picture or a tattoo, just like on the photo?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I'd say no, we really want the actual creature.
    • CommentAuthorVito
    O.K. thanks I'll try to find something alive:)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    one thing I dont get is, why can it not be a Creepy Crawlers with 4 legs?? the idea was to have creepy little creatures. But now its like we will only have spiders almost. It would be a lot better if we could also get the 4 legs ones, as soon as they are small and Crawling :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Because then people would also start uploading rats, chihuahua's, elephants and sloths. Besides spiders I can think of many crawling creatures with other than 4 legs, but none with just 4 that would fit into the catagory.
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011
    To me, "Creepy Crawlers" by definition doesnt mean things like rats, chihuahua's, elephants and sloths. A creepy crawly is a term for a bug/insect sort of thing, right?

If there was no explanation other than Creepy Crawlers, I'd have no problem picking the right shots - I'd be surprised if others did?

Also, when people upload pictures, they get pre-approved anyway right? Guess you can sift through and remove the unsuitable ones anyway!

Looking forward to this one (although I should be getting on with my dissertation)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    well, chihuahuas, elephants and rats are not crawling, they're walking.

wiktionary says:

"Noun

creepy-crawly (plural creepy-crawlies)

1. Any small crawling animal such as a spider, insect or worm."

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/creepy_crawly
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    How about space creepy crawlers, or mutant creepy crawlers (for example some regular animal like cat or cow with spider legs), or realy realy large mutant creepy crawlers (giant insects or sth)?

BTW
    Just to be sure: I asume that spiderman is not allowed :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    Please, please, allow chameleons. They are true creepy crawlers on four legs :)
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    what about crocodils? they got 4 legs and they crawl...
    • CommentAuthorneushoorn
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011 edited
    and what about Chuck Norris?
    (having a extra fist in his beard and the ability to crawl)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    You are mistaking the word "Awesome" with the word "Creepy" there. And besides that, a shot of Chuck Norris would get immediate 11 average rating with 9999 favorites, it would be cheating.
    • CommentAuthorlusvardi
    Can I upload a shot from a Bat?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No. Bats have 4 limbs and therefore do not fit the theme.
    (Nor are they creepy, but cute, fluffy and cuddly :D But that's besides the point)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011 edited
    ah! i put a bat! sorry! can you do something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    thank you asmodai :) i upload a animation hope it's allowed?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yep, nice one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    cool :) thank you again :)
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011
    What I wonder about recently is, if vault shots also count to the "5 shots per user per movie-rule". For example if you have already 5 shots uploaded for a certain movie in FF, would you be able to upload another one for the same movie through a vault, or would this be forbidden?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Nope, they don't count for this :) Nor do stuff like character shots, title shots, replacements etc.
    So yes, even if you already have reached your limit in FF, you can still upload one for the vault.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011 edited
    Thanks for the fast response Asmodai...that's pretty cool I think, so theoreticly you could go for shot #6 , #7 and so on for a certain movie which you love very much by always matching the vault themes. :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Or I could just use awesomes... :P
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    that's true obviously, but that's the easy way everyone can do ;)
    • CommentAuthorVito
    And what about the fish they do not have legs that are released fish?
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    @Vito
    "Oh, a small addition: The creature in question of course has to be able to CRAWL (it's all in the name), so not just uploading shots of fish." (from Asmodai)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    LOL . . @ the Chuck Norris posts above . . . :)