Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011 edited
    The "WTM Poker Night" is starting soon as a new big event, and every WTM User is welcome to join in. :)

Since there are some Poker Players in here who love to have some challenge, this is the ultimate chance to battle for blood and honor !
    (and I also think it would be a nice change to all the Weekend Scandals and hating lately, the community can do some activity together, have fun and compete in an event)

You don't have to be an Expert to join in, every new Player is very welcome too, because even a Beginner can donk out Palah with 72 offsuit ! ;)

Up to now these Users would be interested to Play:

1. Fireball
    2. Palah
    3. theoffice
    4. bazzy
    5. Kinoute (as our NL25 pro i'm sure he would join)
    6. oldzia
    7. Asmodai
    8. olympiquetango
    9. CHILI
    10. mqd
    11. Gregh
    12. crosbow

(I think it would be nice to get at least 10 Players...the more the better of course!) We need some more girls, Marina, Sati, Zo0 come come join in the fun! :)

Game: Texas Holdem No Limit

(I would suggest Full Tilt Poker, because it's quite easy there to set up a tourny, I just checked it.)

If you don't have the software yet, you can download it here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.fr/

Buy-in: Play-Money Tourny (however winners will get AUs rewarded by the losers - detailled payout structure depending on how many participants we have.)

Time: I would suggest to do it on a Sunday Evening maybe at 7 pm Middle European Time, where most of the people are at home and online.
    Let's keep the 5th june as a date in mind, since this weekend a few users are busy drinking in Utrecht i think. :)

Password: The Tourny will be password protected and I will post the password 1 hour before start into this thread, so only WTM users can join.

Special: As a Special I will put a Bounty on my head to make things even more interesting. The user who eliminates me out of this Tournament will win 2 Months of WTM Supporter Subscription !

Of course we can discuss about Time, Location, Buy-in etc. if you have better ideas...I'm keen on your input to make this event a success ! So just write into this Thread !

To the newbies:

If you are a newbie to poker and would like to join, I would be willing to help you setting up an account on the Full Tilt Poker Software. Just leave me your msn or skype messanger addy on my profile and I will try to help you.

So boys & girls just write into this thread if you would be interested to join that we can get an overview how many people are really interested & if you have different suggestions about the points above (buy-in, time, Software etc.) it can be discussed in this Thread as well! :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011
    nice :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Sorry but french players like me, Pala, or theoffice won't be able to play since we have a law in France about gambling and we have our dedicated "server" of FTP, we can't play on the .com with strangers, we can only play on the .fr
  1.  permalink
    Such a great idea Fireball ! Good work :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    oh come on kinoute... you are a programmer... i am sure you can tunnel your way in ;)
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    @kinoute

hmm that's indeed a problem.

Do you know if the french players can play on Pokerstars together with others?

Or any other site? At least it was like that when I was still very active that all Europeans were able to play together on certain sites. Just US Players always had certain restrictions...

@office & bazzy

thanks, I hope we can get it going in some way...
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    OMFG, I just did some research and looks like french players are really banned from every single site or got their own server... looks like I'm really not up-to-date what's going on in the Poker World.

Hmm too bad, got to play a heads-up with bazzy then. :P

Grrrr, I wanted to donk out the Palah so bad !
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    and it isn't possible to just find some .fr site to go on and play?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Europeans players can play on .fr website, so if we are all europeans, we can make the tournament on FTP.fr
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    oke.. well did any non europeans sign up yet?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011 edited
    Ok, I just checked it...it's definitely possible to open an account on the french software for european players. (which doesn't really make any sense why french players are banned from the .com software then, if strangers can come to them ?)

However once you open a new account you got to send them the scans of some documents which is normal at Poker Sites for security reasons, but it usually takes a few days:

"Identification: A copy of your current and valid passport, driver’s license or identity card; this will be used to confirm your identity and date of birth.

Bank Account Information: A document providing the details for the bank account that you will be using for withdrawals from your Full Tilt Poker.fr account; this documentation must clearly show that the account is open in your name."

So yea...it gets complicated. Now I doubt we will get enough players who would be willing to do so much complicated stuff just to open an account there. :)

If we find enough players we can do it, otherwise let's forget the idea...didn't expect so many problems when I came up with the idea to be honest. :(
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    to be honest.. this is too much for me... fuck this shit.. there must be another way.. if i've got the time i will try to find something.. but i am new to this.. so don't expect anything..
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @fireball

Of course it makes sense. The .fr gambling sites pay a tax to the french government :)
  2.  permalink
    Tax? Doesn't sound like the French State... Hahaha^^
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Ok, I guess it's clear that I won't pay your guys taxes ! ;)

So I will try to look for another easier solution if I got time (even I don't know any at the moment).

However we can keep the idea still in mind, if someone finds a better alternative to host such an event somewhere where everyone can play.
  3.  permalink
    Can't we play a tournament without money and in the end we'll all buy the winner some AUs?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    yes that could work, for play money you don't need to send in scanned documents to play.

However the person who wants to open this Private Tourny has to have an activated account (sent in the documents), so maybe Kinoute could set up this tourny then if he has an activated account already on the french Software or I send in my documents in the next days.

And of course everyone who wants to play would have to download the french Software (but it's possible to switch the language into english there), because I guess the french people can't even play play money on the .com Software or?

And we also would have to agree on a payout structure...if we are only 6 people, the winner of this play money tourny would get 6 AU's then for example (1 from each player) or we also could make it like that:
    1st place 4 AUs , 2nd place 2 AUs

The problem with such agreements always is, that everyone would have to do it after the game :) and especially if more unknown users of WTM would join, there is always a danger they don't pay out their part of the price afterwards. (If we only do it between us with well known users I guess everyone would do it)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011
    If I'm around when the tournament is there, I'm interested in joining too.
  4.  permalink
    Why isn't there a full penis poker?
    It is one of my golden rules not to play for money!
    But i am kinda drunk and i wanna be close to one of my best friends(fireball), so fuck you i am in with all my penis-powers!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2011 edited
    What would be a poker game without the poker queen herself, olympiquetango!? Get your sunglasses ready, I bet she will destroy the table with her turkish bluffing skills ! :)

Ok I will put a penis on top of the pricepool just for you !

I'm drunk too, cheers! :)
  5.  permalink
    CHEERS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLaGross
    I wish I would have the time to join... but my master thesis will not be finished by some nice fairies.

Though, I've got the perfect outfit for the poker night (I made those T-Shirts for a "giant human tabletop soccer" tournament at the university's summer festivity 2006 - took me 3 days to draw those T-Shirts):

•  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    i am interested in joining as well
  6.  permalink
    interesting question, will there be a dress code? ;)
    • CommentAuthormqd
    I'm interested too :)
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    @Chili & Asmodai & mqd

Nice, you all are very welcome. The more players the more fun it will be and the higher the pricepool! (more AUs to give out to the winners) :)

@LaGross

Very cool pics, I couldn't even paint 1 of those shirts in 3 days.

@olympique

Of course there will be a dress code! Girls will have to wear the exact same bunny outfit you can see above...or why you think I put these pics up there !? ;)

(Boys can wear what they want, but everyone has to bring a beer with them !)

@everyone
    I updated the first topic a bit, about time & buy-in. Let's keep next sunday the 5th of june as a date in mind if it's ok for everyone. Enough time for everyone to download the french Full Tilt Poker Software and set up a play money account there. If anyone needs help just shout on my profile and I will try to help you.
  7.  permalink
    sorry i don´t have any bunny outfit...

is that also oke?

• CommentAuthormqd
    @Fireball To be sure, you deal with the tournament creation (or Kinoute) and we (all the other users) have just to create an account on Full Tilt Poker and join it. No need to deposit money and send any papers?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    @olympique

I see you want to wear something special to distract palah and look into his cards. So I will make an exception for you...you can still wear the bunny ears with this outfit tho. :)

@mqd

yes, that's right. I sent in my documents already yesterday and they confirmed my account will be activated, however they send the activation code via postage so I got no clue how long it takes till it arrives. But here are many active french players who can set up the tourny as well, like kinoute, theoffice and so on. The others just need a normal play money account to join in. (you don't have to deposit any money or send in papers)

maybe one of the other active french players could confirm this?
    • CommentAuthormqd
    @Fireball
    They use to sending you the activation code really quickly, no worries. 1 or 2 days for winamax or pokerstar.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    damn olympique... sweet dress :)
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    are you in Utrecht already bazzy? How is palah doing...is he lying drunk under the table already? :P
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    He is only coming tomorrow.... :)
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011
    Fabulous idea!

I play on PKR all the time, never joined Full Tilt but I'm more than willing to for this get-together. Could you put me down as interested? I can definitely play
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    pala is underway as we speak.. and utrecht is my hometown so.... yes i am there already, only now i am at work wich is not in utrecht...
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Nice Gregh, I used to play on PKR as well sometimes. It would be fun too to see everyone as a 3D Poker Player on the table, but unfortunately there are the french players banned as well.

What I also don't like about PKR so much is that the hands go pretty slow compared to other Poker Rooms.

@bazzy

that's cool, I wish you guys a lot of fun this weekend ! I will be in Bamberg this weekend together with my collegues from my ex-work, we will make a beer bike tour there through the city (sitting on a bike with around 15 people and everyone has to pedal while drinking beer) It looks like this: http://www.bierbike.de/

I'm sure it will be so much fun ! :)
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011 edited

• CommentAuthoryippiekayay
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011 edited
    Batman Beyond! :)
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011 edited

8.  permalink
    OH
    MY
    GOD
    !
    !
    !

Fireball was serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man : let me read this thing and I get back to you !
  9.  permalink
    Am I totally wasted or this thing went down the drain ?

(@LaGross is hot : she's in one of the pic ! Loling and ben-huring !)

What about an iPhone app ? Like Live Poker ?
  10.  permalink
    Wow wow wow !
    There was a scandal ??????

A scandal with Fireball PLUS Olympique ???

A SCANDAL WITHOUT PALAHNIUK ?????????????????

AND NOBODY SENT AN E-MAIL ?????????????????????????????????????????
    •  
      CommentAuthorPalahniuk007
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011 edited
    Hold your horses !

Hold the girls !

STOP THE PRESS !

We want Fireball back.

Yeah : you read me.

WE WANT FIREBALL BACK.

Me : Palahniuk.
    And Olympique Tango, herself.
    And also Toffetomas who's high on 2 CB.

Why do we want Fireball back ?

Because.

That's why.

We solely want his account restored.
    We solely want to read ALL his litigious shouts, even the turkish ones.

And we want this poker thing organized.

Girls ?
    I'm taking it personally.

I swear I don't see Fireball back on tracks within the next 48 hours, I, Palahniuk, your servant, WILL delete my account forever.
    Olympiquetango will follow as well as Bazzy AND Toffetomas who doesn't care anymore !

Yours truly,

Palahniuk.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    Sure!
  11.  permalink
    I never wanted anyone to delete his account.
    So get back on the poker table.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    Hey Olympique!
  12.  permalink
    WE-WANT-FIRE-BALL !

WE-WANT-FIRE-BALL !

WE-WANT-FIRE-BALL !

WE-WANT-FIRE-BALL !

WE-WANT-FIRE-BALL !
  13.  permalink
    I also want JohannaP.

But in my bed.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
    Fireball used a temporary email when he signed up so it's impossible to contact him, except if somebody knows him personally
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
    Oh Pala you make me blush..