Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011 edited
    Sometimes ago a popular player of WTM, complaining (yes a french player) about the low ratings and the systematic rejection of his shots, proposed to give more awesome shots to the regular players in order to pass through without bothering of the ratings. And then he abandonned us (snif).
    (and then he came back and left again and...).

What a poor idea it was !!

sunsets, sunrises, horses, numbers, blue water, trees, stairs etc..
    This what you do guys with your awesome uploads !!

BOREDOM

Even Tarkovski and Marguerite Duras made more funny things with a camera.

Thanks God you do not have more awesome uploads in hand, otherwise I'd to wake each morning and click over dozens of unsolvable and boring shots. I even prefer Johnny Depp's face.

What about an award for the best boring series of the year ?
    • CommentAuthorsandrusz
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2011
    I agree with you, efji.

I mean, of course everyone can use their awesome uploads for whatever they want,
    but I like to use mine for films with not so many shots, for great directors which shots don't have
    a high chance to come in the FF by the regular way.

But we're all different.
    I'm glad, that it's not only me, who is bored lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    everybody upload what he wants!...i upload since a few a series of eyes! ...sorry! :o)

...but 12 shots of sunsets or 24 shots of castles it's a little bit to much for me for enjoying! :o))
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Well, i wanted to make a Anna Karina series but now i'm afraid to :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Go kinoute go !
    I'll support you.
    • CommentAuthorsandrusz
    Yeah, I would love to see this serie, kinoute.

And Zo0, I liked your eyes serie, and it was not too much.
  1.  permalink
    Amen efji !!
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    give it up kids.. pala can do what he wants.. if you don't like it vote low or don't vote at all or whatever...
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    Wow, now that's a nice thread (yes, this is ironic)

I just don't get your point here, did you want to say something ? I read your post carefully, and I can‘t find any idea, suggestion or proposal. Did you just want to complain? Again??

I hate to lose my time writing in a forum because I’m lucky enough to have much more interesting things to do in my life, but I’m getting really tired seeing people complaining about the same things again and again. Actually, that’s what I find the most boring on WTM, much more than any landscapes, penises, Johnny Depp’s shots or castles (by the way, there were 35 castles, and not only 24).

We DO have AU, because we bought it or because we won it in a contest. What are we supposed to do with it? Upload only shots previously approved by you, to be sure you will enjoy your breakfast? For me, any series will always be more interesting than isolated shots, whatever the theme is, because it brings something different among all the regular shots, and shows the uploader took time to make his/her series. This is my opinion, and if you prefer to use your AU to upload some of your soooo beautiful unfairly rejected shots because you feel frustrated about it, you know what? I’m totally ok with it, and I’m not going to open a thread to criticize what you did. Anyway, you’re contributing to WTM, and that’s the only thing that counts in my eyes. If I don’t like them, I won’t spend time on them, end of the story.

Now is my suggestion: maybe we should promote a few players to “AU series moderators” to be sure good taste is all over WTM (yes, it is also ironic)?

Did you notice that? I’m French and I’m bored with complaining people! Damn, I feel so unique right now!

Now I'm going to drink a Ti'Punch and I'll feel better soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Agree with you Shayah ;)!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    +1 for Shayah ! :)

If you bored of this site, just don't spend your whole day here and do something else for a change. Because every site gets boring after a while, no matter how good it is.

It's surely not the uploaders fault when someone is bored here... I think every AU is good to keep this site alive and supports it.

However the only thing about AU series with 12 or even more shots which I don't like is that other people won't get their shots accepted maybe, because there are enough shots in FF then for that day very fast.
  2.  permalink
    How can a penis be boring? Lol... ;)
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011
    I got about 30 AUs left, but I can't think of a clever way of using them. Any suggestions?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Landscapes or Sunshine obv ;)
  3.  permalink
    Scream queens, crying beauties, eye glasses, hammer and sickles, penises of course, high heels...
    • CommentAuthorsandrusz
    Lol!

I love WTM. I love it even when we fight.
    Because that means we're alive. We care.
    I love the ironic style in Shayah's message.
    And I love efji's sarcastic complaining message.
    I love olimpiquetango's mission and Fireball's joke.

What an AWESOME place this is (no irony) !
    Good night and good luck :)!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Legs & feet !!!
  4.  permalink
    Once again, someone had the presumptuousness to express his opinion... O! The fool!
    Fortunately he's been asked, as usual, to shut the f*ck up and/or stop playing.
    You can sleep on both ears dear WTMers, the thought police are here :)

More seriously though, you obviously do whatever the hell you want with your AUs. I remember a guy who uploaded 5 Awesome Uploads of "Up" on the same day. He has the right to do it, so that's ok. But he shouldn't be surprised of being criticized.
    It reminds me of : "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

And by the way, no one is actually "discussing" anymore, what kind of forum is that !
    If you disagree with efji on whether or not the landscapes and sunsets are boring (and you have every right to) then respond to him on this topic, not about the fact that he's complaining because he's French, or because he has no life. Your first argument is an ad hominem one. You're attacking him on the form and not on the core of the matter.

Tell him that you love sunsets because it reminds you of something of your childhood, or you love them because of the amazing colors or whatever... Tell him you disagree with him on the definition of "boredom" but, please, don't build all your argumentation on "stop complaining", and "leave the site"

Plato and Socrates are weeping in Heaven when they see such dialectic.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011 edited
    lol @ theoffice

Noone ever said efji or anyone else has to leave the site or shut up or whatever. I guess you exaggerating a bit. ;) We are all cool with what he said and everyone can express his opinion as much as he wants. But then you also have to accept when Shayah or other people express their opinions as well in the way they want.

Of course the forum is here to discuss...and that's what people are doing. If you say, build your arguments in this way and that way...you actually playing thought police as well. I guess you don't even notice maybe? ;)

And since you picked up what I said...I guess I should answer. My comment was actually more directed to sandrusz who is an old mate of mine and I think she can handle that. ;) And it was not meant as a lecture or in a bad way...it was more like a friendly advice. Because I notice it myself, when I hang around a lot in WTM, I sometimes get bored too...it happens with every internet site doesn't matter how fun it is at first...so when you do a break for 1-2 days and come back fresh again, the site is more fun as well again. That's how my comment was meant and not in a way like you say, to make people shut up or make them leave, that's simply not true.
  5.  permalink
    Amen office! I didn't wanted to say all that because i didn't wanted to accused of attention whoreism again. But you said it all and i say thank you!
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    1. I'm sorry but I absolutely don't care about what Platon, Socrates or even Voltaire would think about me. This a forum for dumb movie addicts, no need to take it so seriously
    2. I never asked anyone to shut up or leave the site. I just expressed my opinion, as everyone else can do here. And my opinion is: you can say anything you want, but this is not necessary to repeat it on any occasion, because this is boring IMHO (are we talking about boredom here? Is it the core of the matter??). That's all what I meant.
    3. There is nothing personal in what I said . I don't particularly care about efji, I just had a f***ing bad day and that's why I reacted on this specific thread. Efji: I love you! And I talked about my own castle's series just because I didn't understand how Zo0 managed to see "only" 24 shots and I found it funny. As I told her on her profile page a few hours ago, this is really not a big deal for me. And I can understand that 30+ shots on the same theme could be boring, no need to discuss this point
    4. About the "no life" thing, I guess you misunderstood me or maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I never wanted to say anything like that. I spend far too much time on this site to accuses anyone to be be a no-life!
    5. Do you really want to have a discussion to determine if landscapes are boring or fascinating? Come on, it's as pointless as trying to know if blue is more or less beautiful than red! By the way, as I said before, I consider series are always a good way to use AU, beacuse this is more interesting than 30 isolated shots with no links between them. Once more, this is just my opinion
    6. Well, I think everybody would agree that 5 points is far enough, I'm done!

P.S.: hey, I'm not really calling anyone dumb, just kidding!
    • CommentAuthorsandrusz
    @Fireball

Well, I'm not bored of this site,
    we are talking here about Awesome Uploads.

And I talk about sunsets and sunrises.
    Water, horses, numbers,... aren't that bad like sunsets are - for me.
    The castles were fine for me, too much maybe, but still okay.

If I leave the site for 1 year and see 12 sunsets as AU's when I come back,
    it will be still boring for me. Not the site, just this serie.

Why?

Because I think, it's a pity to use awesome uploads in that way.
    Because a sunset shot could be every movie -
    it's not special, it's random, it has not much to say -
    maybe 2 or 3 shots are good, but the most of them are,
    like efji said, unsolvable, 'cause it really can be almost every movie.
    And that's boring.

And it is boring, because then I feel that the connection with the movie is lost.
    It's like a holiday brochure. Sure, sunsets are beautiful -
    but what's the point if you never can solve it,
    even if you saw the movie?

I am not here to look at beautiful snapshots,
    I am here because of a movie quiz.

Some users will go to the profile of the uploader,
    to see which movie-shots he has there, and maybe solve some of them.
    But then there is no pleasure and no joy with solving.

Maybe for you it is not important to solve the shots,
    but here are people who are interested in solving,
    and not just looking at the shots.
  6.  permalink
    @Shayan: i could say a lot of people don't give a fuck if you had a bad day or not, dumbass. But i won't do it. Because i am a nice guy.
    But what i will say is, that we don't know anything or just litte about the other users here. So who has the right to accuse others of having no life? That is really dumb if you ask me.

@Fireball: Lol, talking about spending too much time on the site... You are like one of the biggest "stalkers" i noticed over here. But thank you for giving me such a big laugh!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    @sandrusz
    yes, I know what you mean. I can understand this point of view of course and it's perfectly fine. However everyone likes something else and it's good that there is a big variety of tastes and styles on WTM. It wouldn't be my cup of tea as well to collect 12 shots of sunshine or sky shots, but we also have to respect the dedication people put in collecting so many shots in some way.

It doesn't matter what you upload at the end of the day, there will be always people who hate it and others who love it. You can't satisfy everyone I guess.

@quitproquo
    Stalkers? Who came on my profile to stalk me? I guess it was you wasn't it? ;)

Just because I don't always agree with olympiquetango and made a few jokes about her...the whole family is coming on my profile then. ^^

But I guess some people only can make jokes about others and not handle it when they are center of the joke, it's really typical. ;)
  7.  permalink
    Fireball, next time you post a racist message on olympiquetango's profile : you'll have to deal with me.
    Jokes are fine, stereotyping her because of her Turkish roots is plain f*cked up.

edit: Oke you deleted your shouts, I guess you know it's wrong then.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    ok, now I'm definitely afraid when I have to deal with theoffice. ^^

Weren't you the guy who voted low on every shot of the community because you were desperate and mods even thought about banning you? Hmmm, maybe you should think about your actions first before you judge about other people who you don't even know...just an advice. ;)

and about racist jokes...maybe you should go tell olympique how bad it is http://whatthemovie.com/shot/159721 instead of just crawling up her ass. ;)
  8.  permalink
    Once again, ad hominem argument. Stick to the point. I can't say racism is wrong because the mods thought about banning me one year ago? How's that relevant?
    I'm not that surprised to hear a racist use logical fallacies but still, it's painful to read.

Fungus upload a shot from an old German movie, so it gives you the right to racially insult someone? Wow now that's clever reasoning.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    lol you really must know me well, to say I'm a racist. Guess what, I'm not german either, my parents come from another country too and I got many friends from everywhere in the world.

I don't care if olympique or anyone else makes jokes about germans, I can laugh about it. If someone makes jokes about french eating frog legs or dutch eating too much cheese or chinese are yellow or whatever, do you think anyone would take it seriously in here and go get his family to jump on this person? No, because most people can laugh about such things when it's clear that it's a joke. We are a multi-cultural community and most people get along with each other, since we here to have a good time i think. The problem is olympique can do such jokes very well about the others and she does it often about germans I noticed (even I am not 100% german myself) but once someone does it about her she takes it very personally and feels insulted. I guess that has to do with a small ego in some way.

and yes I delete shouts of people like you, who I don't want on my profile...it's my right to do it, no? Since I'm not here to listen to such messages of you.

edit: Oh, guess what... the rating on my shots just dropped, guess theoffice just did what he does best. No real surprise really, but guess what I don't care ^^
  9.  permalink
    Just to make things clear, I didn't vote low on EVERY shots of the COMMUNITY because I was desperate. If I recall correctly, I was indeed pissed off at Chrisy and voted 1/10 to a couple of her shots. It was like 3 or 4 months ago, we talked about it and now it's fine.
    Anyway, I'm glad my life interests you but you shouldn't fantasize too much about it.

edit: I didn't give a single vote today. Nice try though.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    lol your life doesn't interest me in any way...but I'm glad you take your time to always respond to a person who you think is a racist. Makes really sense too ^^

Anyway, in german there is a saying: "Der Klügere gibt nach." That means I will do what most of the intelligent part of the community does in here and just ignore you. Not really worth wasting my time i think.

And about Olympique you don't have to worry too, I won't message her anymore...neither jokes nor anything else. So everyone can feel safe because of me ! lol
  10.  permalink
    That's all I wanted to hear :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    lol @theoffice911 and @fireball this is so much fun to read.. please go on with your little fight.. tell me office how will you be dealing with fireball? and so funny you talk about deleting shouts ;)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    OK, that's enough. If you guys don't calm down and come back on topic, this thread is gonna be closed.
  11.  permalink
    Damn, i really don't know what your problem is, fireball...
    Yeah but please leave me alone. Since you seem to know every single bullshit i shouted or commented, it is right what quitproquo said. And to say the whole family... Sorry that is a stereotype aswell. I only have one brother and i haven't even talked with him about it, he noticed himself. You told me once everyone is trying to kiss my ass and i think what a bullshit, i am not a mod, what could they expect from me to do that? I don't get you really. For more then two years i am doing one thing: spolving shots. I don't wanna be in the HoF, i don't wanna have SotDs, i don't wanna win the contests. I like the site. I like the community. Yes i talk a lot of bullshit, but that is me.
    But sorry now i really reached a point where i think about stoping. Thank you fireball, you are about to win. Hope you showed the whole community who has the bigger penis now.

And MisterZob is right of course. Enough of this. this was not the topic of the thread.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    don't do anything to hastely my dear olympique... these people are not worth it to stop doing something you like so much..
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Just coming back from real life.

Found my beautiful thread completely fucked up !!

OK I go back to work: I have still some shots to find for my next series of AU : "efji's boring and unsolvable series"

Stay tuned :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    looking forward to it efji
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011
    Here it it
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/161900

Unfortunately I had only 4 AU left :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    ahahaha the shot with the fish made me laugh so hard
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    your serie makes me laugh too :))
    the fish seems not so fresh! :o))
    well done efji :)
  12.  permalink
    Wohoooo I solved one :)
    Awesome serie lol ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I solved 2 :D!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Damned !
    You are too tough !
    You can solve everything :)
    Why the hell this fish
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/160894
    is still unsolved and you solved mine in a few minutes ?

And 5 players solved this http://whatthemovie.com/shot/161905
    I'm disgusted :)
  13.  permalink
  14.  permalink
    nice series efji, i like it! solved 3 of them :) please post more of this kind of shots, i like them more as the faces ;)