Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcinephil
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011
    What the hell is going on? My "special friend" MisterZob tells me I'm banned from voting for one month without any explanatation. This is f****** bulls**t! Is there any rule I have broken? Yes? Can't you warn me before banning me? You know if there's something with the things i do you can tell me. Now you ban me without giving the chance to change something? What's wrong with you guys???
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Wow.

First, this was not MY decision. This was the Staff's decision. Which makes wonder why you consider me as a "special friend" of yours...
    Second, I'm sure other WTM users will be glad to learn 80% of your ratings are 2s. We find that unacceptable. If those shots indeed deserve 2 in your eyes, I suggest you leave WTM, because obviously you don't like shots uploaded on WTM.
    Third, you're banned for only one month. We're all pretty sure you'll survive. This is actually a warning. Next voting ban will be much longer.

DuCuL got the same ban, for the same reasons.
    • CommentAuthorcinephil
    Voting 2 in my bloody opinion is against the rules? Okay, it's your playground. But this is unaccaptable. I pay money for this. WTM should be fun and not dictatorship. So, please show me the rule or give me my money back and I will be out of here and leave you kids all alone.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Once again, you don't "pay money" to play WTM. And voting is not a supporter-only feature.
    You chose to support WTM, you were never forced to do so.
    If you're not happy with it anymore, don't renew your supporter status.
    • CommentAuthorcinephil
    Be sure, I won't! And you're right, I'm not happy. I've wasted so much time to WTM, supporting it by uploading character and title snapshots, add alternatives titles, trailers and infos. Just for fun. I didn't ever expect to be thanked, but I don't deserve to be treated like this. You know: I DIDN'T DO SOMETHING WRONG in my opinion. I supported WTM because i loved it very much, but you're no fun anymore. Keep the money and my middle finger. I can waste my time a much better way!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Voting 2 on virtually every shot (except your own) is indeed against the rules, and the staff warning you against this is perfectly acceptable. Like Zob said, you support WTM to allow this great site to continue existing, you don't pay to play.

As for showing you the rule:

"Refrain from using the voting or favourite tools to boost your own uploaded snapshots."
    "You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other whatthemovie users." <-- voting low on most shots, no matter what the shot, is also abusive imo.

Both are in the terms of service.
  1.  permalink
    Nooooo please cinephil, stay !!
    You are right, you didn't do anything wrong. Giving 2/10 to other people's shots in order to make yours go to the FF is nothing to be ashamed of !

Common courtesy is overrated anyway.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    cinephil has deleted his account.

Topic closed.