Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011
    Hey everyone,

It took some time, but finally: here it is!

Because WTM exists 3 years this year, we want to celebrate this with a special party. You don't get a single special contest, but THREE!
    So here's how it works: There will be three short contests, the first one with the theme "Preparing for the party", the second "Partytime!" and the third "The morning after".
    These three contests will all follow each other quite soon, with only a few days in between.
    Because we want to keep them small and short, you can only upload 1 shot for each of the contests (which makes 3 total, if you compete in all). You can of course also choose to just upload shots in one or two of the vaults, if you want to.
    For the rest, the normal rules apply: top solvers and uploaders get awesome uploads, with top 3 getting awards (for every single contest!), but the amount of awesomes might change, we will keep you informed.
    No sharing hints, no tactical voting, only shots of movies that could go into NS (so no V/TV/series)

Now, as for the various themes:
    For the first contest, Preparing for the Party, we expect shots of just the general stuff you do before a party: putting on make-up, wrapping gifts, putting up decorations, sending invitations, etc etc etc.
    The second contest, Partytime!, is good for all shots of parties themselves, while contest nr. 3: The Morning After, allows shots of hangovers, people waking up on the sofa, cleaning afterwards, just think a bit and I'm sure you will find more things that fit :)

Now you are all probably wondering when this will start: because of a change in code to only allow 1 shot each, we are not sure yet. Sometime soon! Keep an eye on this topic, we will keep you informed.

Also, if there are any other questions, just ask here :)

Happy birthday WTM!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Happy Birthday !

Great Idea Asmodai and interesting concept to execute it with 3 seperate small contests.

Now my first quesion to the second contest "Partytime!"

Would it also be allowed to upload shots of things which could belong to a good party?
    For example:
    - fireworks
    - shots of drinks / cocktails
    - a big dinner with much yummy stuff to eat
    - a bar scene etc. etc.

Or does the shot itself has to depict a party with people dancing, drinking and having party hats on for example.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    In my opinion, these are all fine, as long as they are big enough for a proper party :) So not a single, sad glass of scotch on a counter, but a table filled with confetti and a bunch of flowery cocktails! Keep your own judgement as to what is party-esque :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    code changed
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Jaaay!! Finally! Great ideas @Asmodai and the rest of the hardworking mods!
    The third part will be my baby: I've got much experience with those things!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Ok, some dates!

For the first contest, uploading will begin thursday 22 september, 20.00 CEST, with solving beginning saturday 24 and lasting until thursday 29.
    The second part, uploading will start saturday october 1st, and solving will start on monday the 3rd, ending saturday 8 october.
    Vault nr. 3: uploading starts monday 10-10, with solving running from wednesday 12 october till monday the 17th.

This schedule was thought out, to allow people who are busy during weekends, or weekdays, to have just as much chance as people with other schedules.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Great, great and great!
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    Hey JohannaP, those were my words!!!!

Great contest!

Happy birthday!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    @Ilse: HA!
    • CommentAuthorbetobeto
    great idea! and it's sad i can only think about snapshots for the morning after! ha
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    @betobeto
    probably you gonna post some snaps of people with scars on their heads. ;)
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011
    Remember: If you want to share a real Birthday Cake home made, you're welcome !
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011
    Great idea, can't wait!
    • CommentAuthorthaizy
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2011
    can it be a wedding party?
    • CommentAuthorlusvardi
    Can we repeat the movie in more than one of those vaults?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    thaizy: if the shot is clearly a party, sure, but it has to be party first, wedding somewhere in the background is fine.

lusvardi: Technically, yes, but it may also be kind to let others take the slot (remember, only 1 shot per movie per vault!) in the other vaults :)
    • CommentAuthorPhelma
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011
    Nice!
    Can I upload a snapshot which is already in the archive?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011
    No.
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011
    How about carnival party (like Rio carnival)?
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011
    Very lovely idea, thanks for running these!
    Something I've been wondering about, will there be an overall "party contests" ranking which would involve the cumulated 3 contests?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2011
    Please note that you are NOT allowed to upload more than one shot for each of these small contests, even if the uploading system let you do so.
    Every 2nd (or following) shot will be deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011
    FUUU, missed the first one. :(
    Please, announce future contests on the main page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011 edited
    quote="FamilyGuy"

FUUU, missed the first one. :(
    Please, announce future contests on the main page.

Genau!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    What's with the cheating? Are there many people caught 'trading' solutions?
  1.  permalink
    There is a message from MisterZob on the profile of Zo0

i don't understand it at all, maybe you understand french better as me^^
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    The staff was aware for months that some users (in the top 100 solvers) were sharing hints or solutions on their profiles (and delete their shouts after) and the staff decided yesterday to make it stop because it was getting bigger and bigger everyday (solutions for birthday contests etc). The TOS of the site will be soon updated with new rules about this.