Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011
    Hey everyone,

The time has come for the long-expected third edition of our Draw the Movie contest.

DtM differs from other contests on one thing: it is NOT allowed to use any shot you took from a movie, you have to create everything yourself! This can be a drawing (both with pencil as paint), a sculpture, a picture of you acting out a memorable scene, some sort of puzzle where the name of the movie is the answer, etc. Give your creativity free range!
    Just take care that:
    - You don't use any shot from a movie, not even highly edited
    - Make it yourself! No stealing from other people's work.

Ruleswise, this is just a regular contest, with one big exception: There are no limits to shots per movie, so no need to fight for slots. We do expect everyone to hand in "shots" from seperate movies, so not filling all your own slots with the same movie.
    The usual rules for movies that you can upload from do apply, so no shots from TV movies, or movies that aren't released yet according to imdb.

Regular rules:
    - No hints.
    - 2 shots per uploader, 3 for contributors.
    - Top 10 solvers and uploaders win awesome uploads.

Dates:
    Uploading starts december 3rd, 20.00 CET and will be open for 1 week, ending at 19.59 on december 10.
    Solving starts immediately afterwards, so 20.00 on december 10th, lasting for 2 weeks and therefore ending on the 24th, right in time for christmas!

Have fun creating and solving!

PS: A personal note, I hope this contest will be one of the biggest we had so far. So please, if you know former solvers, or people who are less active anymore, encourage them to come back and throw in all their creativity! I hope to see some old names again in the uploaders list :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Yes!!!!!!Finally!!!!My favourite vault!!!!!Can't wait to start uploading. I have just enough time to think it all through!!!!
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Haven't been around for a while now, but I'll definitely contribute to this again. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011
    This will be great. I've actually got a shot on my computer that I was going to use in Draw The Movie 2.0, but forgot all about it. So this time I'm going to remember it :-)
    • CommentAuthorElinka
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011
    Can I use an image from a well known film in another film? (with some make-up)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    No, you can't.
    • CommentAuthorGamuci
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
    Oh wait,

you mean I can't use pictures from a movie that differs from the one to be guess ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    "you have to create everything yourself"
    • CommentAuthorGamuci
    Ok it's fine.
    So this is also applied to all the images/pictures found on the web or such ?