Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorboen
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2012
    There is now the option of browsing snapshots by 3 difficulty categories: easy, medium and show all.

Currently there are 134 easy snapshots, which all of them i have solved.
    You have easy & medium where there are 291 shots, which i haven't solved 50 to 100 of.
    The last category is show all. 1479 shots are currently in this complete WTM feature film pool.

The last pool is quite big, personally i only solved 291 of the 1479 shots.
    A simple calculation would show there are 1188 shots i did not solve.

Now when i'm playing WTM i need to browse through 1188 shots to find the ones i can solve.
    Most of them are too hard for me and it takes me rather long before i find solvable ones.
    This made me think of how i could find those solvable shots more easily.

What i came to think of is a new browse feature, which you can activate at "difficulty and options".
    Next to the "snapshot difficulty filter" you would have a "snapshot solved amount filter".
    At this filter you could check that you only want to randomly browse shots that have 100 solves or more. (or 200/300/etc.)
    This filter could also be designed in a way that the WTM-player himself could insert the amount of solves the randomly browsed shot should at least have.

I think such a filter would:

-make it more easy to find solvable shots
    -make the WTM experience more fun.
    -take a player less time to find his "maxsolves"
    -relieve the server from stress of players randomly browsing through the insane pile of shots.

Yes the coding will maybe be a bit troublesome, but it will be worth the work.

Thank you for reading, boen.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2012
    I see where you are coming from, but I have a feeling this will put loads of stress on the server, to recalculate and resort as soon as a shot is solved another time.
    Next to that: how do you think the difficulty gets calculated? ;) It's decided by the amount of solves when it gets out of NS. This doesn't work for AU, true, but you can immediately go to new AU's on your home page.
    • CommentAuthorboen
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2012
    there are always solutions, for instance you could let the server index the shots once every few hours.