Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013
    Considering the great number of shots, including posted by old users, that are deleted or replaced for black bar reasons (and now the tolerance of the mods is zero...), maybe it could be helpful to change the traditionnal black background of WTM into another color (medium grey for example), so that any tiny black line is immediately visible.

Maybe the global look of the site will be less beautiful. An alternative could be to be able to check the shot in full dimension over a white background, just before the confirmation of the upload.
    • CommentAuthorBan
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013
    @efji you can already check your shot on a red background by clicking it on the last step of uploading, isn't that enough? Also, on should probably first make sure it's fine before even uploading it, it shouldn't be hard to open it in an image viewer and check it. And anyway you'd have to cut it manually if it isn't OK, so I guess it ain't too much of an effort.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013 edited
    its possible to make a overview of shots, which are unsolved, like the new submission/daily calender of FF Shots overview? If you click random button the randomize given you some shots 5 times, others ones almost never. A bit annoying to me, would be better if i can choose from a overview the shots.
    Total unsolved shots will be maybe too huge, maybe like Zo0's idea make it possible to get a big overview of easy, medium etc. shots
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013
    @Winterwolf : At the moment you can at least do that with the FF-overview and the display options: just go to a date in FF, switch the display options to where only "Unsolved snapshots" are displayed, solve, go to the next day, etc.
    @Asmodai
    i know this, thats what i meaned with "daily calender of FF Shots"

but first i have to click 30 days through to get all shots and second there is no chance to sort out easy, medium and hard shots.

Example: on an evening, drunk already some beer, watching a football match and want at halftime just solve relaxed some easy shots - it will be nice to have a overview of maybe 40-50 easy shots. Not click much around at the calender to seek them out of tons of hard shots or click 10 times the same unsolvable shot at random away... or on the other side i want do some really hard ones, then it will nice to get a fast overview and not to click much around to find a few of them.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    You can also go on the month overview and set the display options to unsolved snapshots only. But of course, you'll probably get some Archive shots too.
    Maybe we could add a "show FF shots only" display option, then?

And about the difficulty levels, maybe a "sort by difficulty" feature, on the existing overviews (month/day + NS), could do the trick?
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013
    @MisterZob
    i use the monthly overview unsolved just to find FF shots of a recently watched movie i know there are some shots unsolved in the FF. You told already the disadvantage (especially in the middle on a month) the half shots are just archieve shots.

A daily overview sorted by number of solves, will be a nice thing! If the number of solves goes to much down, i can click the next day! But still have to click the different days through. Sounds good, not perfect, but if my last suggestion is uncodable or to much work for kinoute, surely a nice medium improvement i think.

Monthly overview rather not, because (especially in the middle of a month) archieve shots will be sorted between the FF shots then, if you sort them only by number of solves. Will be just a unusable mess in my eyes.

New idea: and in add of a existing overview like daily, monthly, add a new overview called "all Feature Film", in there are all (and only!) FF shots to see, is that doable? This will be my newist "most like to have" if your idea of "sort by difficulty" can also been added! So the easy,medium etc. is not longer needed. Would be the perfect solution for me.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2013
    That's kind of what I meant with the "show only FF shots" display option --> something that would show, out of the monthly overview, only the FF shots, and not the Archive.
    Current month only has FF shots (except if it's 31 days long, but the feature would work anyway), then, most of the time, you would have to check only current month and the previous one, and only FF shots would show up. It may be easier to implement than an "All FF shots" overview (and would, most of the time, load faster). I don't know... kinoute will say.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2013
    Guys, I'm gonna stop taking suggestions from you or I will never be able to finish WTM 2.7! Thanks all for your inputs, I'm gonna try to make everything listed here