Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2020 edited
    Hi there! Pepe here, how are you doing?

This week I had the brilliant idea to come back playing this game again after 10 years. My life has been intense (I know, for everyone, but hey) so coming back here really helped me to occupy myself with a fun activity.

It has been a very intense week in my family, my grandfather passed away last night, we're expecting but still..
    So having this game to distract me and celebrate the arts was so important! So thank you for keeping this studio producing great moments!

When I first played this, I was 16, 17, a queer introvert, shy, but full of creativity with a dilemma of how to express it. Me and my bestie WTM player @kkumendes used to spend hours watching movies together, thinking about our next movies and shots. We had a lot of fun doing that and it gave space for me to celebrate my references, movies that we love and that helped me go through those times.
    Growing up in the countryside of Brazil, in very conservative, catholic environment, I masked myself and playing this game with my friend would give me a space to breathe and be my true self!

This game is fucking awesome! We got to be creatives, pay homage to our favorite movies, talk about all of it, expand our horizons and learn so much!!!

Pepe Leone became a expression of Leo, a queer, confident, celebratory part of how I am. My grandfather for a long time represented a symbol of repression in our family. So I always watched out my ways around him, fearful to express my queerness and my real self.
    Today I want to take this moment to celebrate life, although our relationship was hard I will be always grateful for what he did for my family.

I thought about so many concepts and random ideas this week that I want to little by little put in here and see how it goes.
    I hope I contribute somehow to the website and we can have fun together. Remeber it has to be a fun experience, right?

Thank you for reading this and allowing me to share my story here.

Please, share some stories you have with this platform! I will love to hear it.

Ciao bellos,

Pepe.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020
    Thank you for sharing!

I came to this game over 6 years ago, but started uploading only around 5 years ago - my mother in law died back then, and the distraction really helped.
    Thanks to streaming and downsizing of other people, I got a lot of original DVDs with good movies on flea markets for little money, adding to my already not too tiny DVD collection.
    I love the quiz and am especially happy if I solve first on not-so-easy shots, but often I'm "only" the second solver after MrZob or Bius which is good enough for me. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorlezard
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2020
    @LeonardoS
    Thank you for sharing Leonardo ! Your enthousiasm is welcome.
    As to me it's, it's all about cinema. It's about actually going to a movie-house. It's about childhood memories that stick to you, as if cinema had chosen you and not the opposite. A moment, a movement, a thrill, a gaze, some blood, a kiss you will never forget. It's about eyes wide-open in the theatre. It's about being alone but with others. It's about sharing emotions in the dark, something physical, really. It's about forgetting where and who you are.
    WTM is also about sharing and loving movies. It's about hoping people will discover movies you like and they don't know and discovering awesome shots yourself and wanting to see other movies. So that movies are forever a part of life, a part of your life.