Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Only an English and French title??? This must be a joke!
    "Cours, Lola, cours" isn't a french movie either :)

Could someody replace that French flag with a German one, or a least add the German flag to the title, because this really looks rediculous :D
  2.  permalink
    Problem is that the original title you enter is always considered to be English.
    To avoid this problem, I usually do the following:

Original Title: "Lola rennt" (English flag by default)
    Alternative Title: "Run, Lola, Run" with the GERMAN flag.

This way the English and the German flags will appear and the original title will still be the German one.
    :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Yes, don't mind the flags.
    The main title is the original one, but as biglebowski said it is registered as "english" no way to change that.
    Anyway, there are only English, German and French flags, so really don't consider those seriously (what about Asian movies ??).
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    As somebody once said "what's in a flag"... No. It was something different.
    I know it's not important, but. well....

@Zanapher. You're right about the asian movies.
    And what about independent movies?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009 edited
    The flags are optional ... if you see an English flag and a French flag the title has to be another language, take it as a hint.
    Therefore I think you shouldn't use your "workaround" biglebowski.

Hmm although ... #11399 has an English flag but doesn't have an English title. ?!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    You shouldn't consider flags as a hint either because not everyone understands it the same way apparently.
    I used to think that when a movie has a French flag it meant that the Franch title was not the same as the original one for instance, but some people put the original as alternate too (something like Title: "Forrest Gump" Alt (Fr) : "Forrest Gump"...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    I'm with Zanapher here:

Only English flag: There's only the original - English - title or the original plus English title or you can't translate it / it's the same everywhere (like "Shrek").

Two or three flags: The uploader took care to include also the German and French titles as alternatives - often a hint for an international movie but not necessarily …