Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheRizz
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    I've noticed that several movies appear to be appearing out of order. This had happened last week with a few I uploaded, and it seems to still be happening today (look at time left on movie #s 13053 - 13056 to see what I mean).
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    yea, this is happening pretty often. It's kind of irritating because you sometimes miss movies. About once a week I go back and check the expired movies, and sometimes I see shots that I'm sure of I haven't seen before. I think people miss a lot of shots this way, atleast I do. But I guess it's just the system lagging a bit so I can't complain really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    Still, it would be great if you could solve this problem!
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    yeah, sorry for that. It happens, when a movie is delayed because no moderator voted on it.
    If, however, the movie is accepted later, it is posted out of order. Consider this glitch a temporary one..
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    Oh, so that's what happens to a movie when no moderator votes for it.
    Considering the huge queue, rejecting it would probably be a better solution. I know some people who will surely complain about the arbitrary aspect of such a method though...
  1.  permalink
    @Zahapher
    Yeah, right! No arbitrariness please! :)
    It's not the fault of the uploader if moderators are on vacation. ;)

Besides, you're doing a great job recently. Way to go!
  2.  permalink
    A better idea would be not to use the datadase still.id as visible still number, but assign the visible still number the moment the still is accepted.
    That way the problem would be solved too.

Or use a separate table for accepted movies with site id and solution date, linking to the stills table.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    yeah, DiedEnFreek, that way the problem would be solved.
    We're currently rethinking the whole moderation process. It's to early to promise anything, but the changes are going to be huge.
  3.  permalink
    I know. small problems sometimes require a lot of work, rethinking and testing to implement.
    Good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    So, pretty please... with sugar on top, fix this "feature" as soon as possible.
    So far it cost me a two digit amount of points.
    New Highlight concerning this matter, 12458. Released 12 days after 12460.
  4.  permalink
    maybe a simpeler solution is to re-insert the still (and delete the old one and update possible links to oher tables) when it's open for solving.
    it would get a new id and they should appear inorder.

10 minute fix.