Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    Letters to Juliet, 70/100 - lovely movie, very romantic and sweet. And I love how the story presented in it is mirrored in real life relatioship between Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero. It's been a while since I saw movie romantic enough to cry during some of the scenes and this is it.
  1.  permalink
    You're such a girl haha
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    Yesterday in theatre a new copy of Marco Bellocchio's "I pugni in tasca" Great movie, disturbing, nice photography (b&w of course!!!) and good direction, good acting especialy Lou Castel and Paola Pitagora...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    theoffice I'd say "you're such a guy" but you have a cat that resembles the one from Breakfast at Tiffany's, so....:)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I just saw Io sono l'amore (I am love).
    First nothing happens, then everythings happens and I didn't like the end.
  2.  permalink
    Margaret, you're mean!!
    • CommentAuthorHeadlock
    Inception for the second time.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Svidd neger

I must admit, at first I didn't know if I would like it, but it only gets better, it is silly but really crazy, bizard and funny. Unic little Norwegian gem
    8/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2010
    Dwight, I'm honest:D
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    I've seen Enter the Void last night and it was really a unique experience. Kind of disturbing, confusing and hard to watch but still interesting. I was watching the movie with a friend of mine who left the cinema after half the movie cause she couldn't stand it any longer.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    @Renko, I watched Four Lions too, very funny indeed, thanks for the recommendation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Godfather part 3: It was not as good as the other 2 and I do not think that the plot is that good, but I was entertained very well when seeing the Corleone family anyway!
    • CommentAuthorshalev
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010 edited
    Ikiru (10/10) - Wow, great film! Amazing performance by Takashi Shimura. Very sad but so powerful, my favourite Kurosawa so far. Highly recommended!
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Elegy - it took me three days to watch it. Nothing happens here. Performances are good, music is brilliant, but the movie overall, with its theme and some unimportant parts can't get more than a 6 (from me).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Has anyone seen Machete?
  3.  permalink
    + Ikiru (1952) --> 6/10 The really low-key pace and the lack of music didn't help me getting into the story. It's too bad because the "swing scene" is absolutely wonderful and the anti "Dead Poets Society" ending was sadly beautiful
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    Before Sunrise - 8/10: wonderful, it made me laugh, it made me cry. A modern fairy tale :)
  4.  permalink
    Citizen Kane - I'm ashamed I didn't watch it before, such an awesome film! 9/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    My birthday - tradition - "Anything else" and anything with hot actor "Iron man 2"
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Haha that's a nice way to spend your birthday, with Robert ;-) Hope you won't have a hangover tomorrow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    no way, but some of my friends will :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2010
    I watched Brighton Rock in cinema tonight. Awesome movie 8/10.
  5.  permalink
    + London (2005) --> 6/10 It seems Jason Statham's talent is in his hair lol It would have been better with less focus on Chris Evans and better dialogues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Saw Avatar for the first time in cinema, the special edition. Had 8 minutes extra, but because i've not seen the movie before I did not know what was extra. Still I think it's an okay film..
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Before Sunset - not that impressing as the first one. 7/10 because of the first one ;)
  6.  permalink
    + V for Vendetta (2006) --> 10/10 Always great to watch it !

It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you.
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Singing in the rain - lovely, funny and with great dancing acts. 8/10
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Love you too! @theoffice911
  7.  permalink
    + Taxidermia (2006) --> 5/10 Thank you Chrisy I'll probably never be able to eat again, I saw too much of different body fluids... I can't say I didn't like it as it's really original but I can't say I liked it either as it was kinda gross. I had a few laughs but I was mostly intrigued and disgusted. At least it was an original movie experience so thanks :-)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2010 edited
    lol this movie is fantastic :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2010 edited
    Carnival of Souls
    Nice movie, influenced many, no doubt. Too bad the version I bought is in color :(
    7/10

Time of the Gypsies
    Each time I watch it, I always get the same feelings and emotions, one of my favorite movies, a magical tale and the best Kusturica movie
    10/10

Kamikaze girls
    Didn't care much for it. Memories of Matsuko is much better
    6/10
  8.  permalink
    Slumdog Millionaire - Very lovely and touching, nicely done 8/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2010
    After so many solves on WTM without knowing it, I finally watched Constantine.
    Don't know what to say except "My God! What a big piece of shit"...
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2010
    From here to eternity - 9/10, I'm thrilled!!!
  9.  permalink
    + The Expendables (2010) --> 7/10 It delivers exactly what I was waiting from it ^^ A no-brainer with funny one-liner, blood, guns and explosions :-) I'm 14 again !!!
    I'm a bit disappointed for Jet Li who is totally under-used though... Statham and Terry Crews' gun stole the show (and no I'm not saying that to please my dear sati lol)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010 edited
    Since we have a silent movie festival here in Zurich at the moment I watched Tösen från Stormyrtorpet (The Lass from Stormy Croft, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lass_from_the_Stormy_Croft ), a Swedish movie of 1917. An awesome movie based on a book of Selma Lagerlöf. It's quite a complex story with some interesting twists beautifully set in scene by Victor Sjöström which I unfortunately didn't know until tonight.
    I was really amazed how I was fascinated by this 93 years old movie: 8/10.
  10.  permalink
    The Kite Runner - 7/10 Got to say I was expecting a bit more of it, since it was based upon a book by Khaled Hosseini (I didn't read The Kite Runner, only A Thousand Splendid Suns, which I loved), I know the strenght he puts on drama scenes and I missed that on the film.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010
    Dementia
    Awesome movie!! 8.5/10
  11.  permalink
    + How to Marry a Millionaire (1953) --> 7/10 Marilyn Monroe is the cutest woman ever! I don't care for the story as long as she's on screen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2010
    Elegy, 76/100 - Good movie but not as amazing as "My life without me". Great acting and interesting story.
  12.  permalink
    + Tonari no Totoro (1988) --> 7/10 Nice Miyazaki movie! Loved the little girl :-)
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    Painted Veil - beautiful movie with a beautiful story - 8/10 and 16 blocks - I'm not into action movies, but this one was good, especially Mos Def with his endless talking, he just wouldn't shut up, but was so funny - 7/10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010 edited
    The Machinist, 70/100 - good movie, but nothing spectacular I saw this kind of story many times before and with much beter execution. Christian Bale is amazing and insane, In my opinion, for going to such lenghts for a movie, frankly this film wasn't worth it. Bale is much better in American Psycho were he didn't need any shocking distractions to make his performance briliant. The script is ok, apart from some unnecessary scenes, but the hints and clever connections to novels are redeeming quality.
  13.  permalink
    :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Lost Highway, for the first time - 60/100 - this is the first movie by Lynch I disliked, worse - I don't care. I don't care what's that story about, I don't care about which theory is the right one. The movie seemed to be made without passion and inspiration "Blue Velvet", "Wild at Heart", "Twin Peaks" and "Mulholland Dr." were made with. It was dull, the characters were boring. Some of the scenes were wonderfully made and I'm sure if you spend enough time thinking about it there is an answer for all of this what happens there. But I don't care enough to look for answers this time. Still, great looking movie and Lynch definetly is a wonderful director, but the story and the characters killed it for me.
  14.  permalink
    :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Oh, pull yourself together, man! :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Hmm, gotta try that then... Might be the only Lynch I will like! :P
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010
    how about Dune?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010
    Haven't seen it yet, but I will some day :)