Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    Black Narcissus - what to say, I like it :) 8/10
  1.  permalink
    #
  2.  permalink
    + Black Narcissus (1947) --> Awesome cinematography, the colors are beautiful and so are the costumes and landscapes --> http://whatthemovie.com/shot/91838
    I liked how the last 15min became like a horror movie! I didn't find the story really interesting but it was just candy for the eyes --> 7/10
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Juliet of the Spirits from Fellini
    My first Fellini (I have tried several times to watch 8½ with no sucess) and I loved it, beautiful movie, colorful and fun! 8/10

3.  permalink
    You gotta try 8 1/2 again!! I'm not a huge Fellini fan but I really loved this one =)
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    Inception..again - 4.5/5
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Lady from Shanghai - 7,5/10. Great story, excellent twist, but a bit weird all in all. The thing I really didn't like was Welles' Irish accent.
  4.  permalink
    I gave it a 6 Tamara! Apparently Welles didn't care at all about this movie and just needed money to finance an other project...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Thirst - 87/100 one of the best vampire movies I've seen, beautiful, passionate and bloody:)
  5.  permalink
    + Due Date (2010) --> Funny comedy but I expected to laugh more! People are mean to Robert Downey Jr's character I found him rather patient... Reminded me of my own road trip through the US, it was less crazy haha --> 6/10
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010 edited
    The Town - very good, must admit I really appreciate Ben Affleck as a director. 8/10 because it IS a typical story about robbery and crime, but made with more sense than usual. The movie is really interesting and I enjoyed the Bostonian accent in this one. Excellent!!!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Frozen Land
    I'm in love with this movie! It is ruff, realistic and violent but beautiful! The first half is full of very dark and sharp humor. For those of you who have seen it, the scene in the hotel with the vacum cleaner is simply FANTASTIC, deliciously hilarious! For this scene only this movie is a must see!!
    But then again even during that first part where the humor is more evident, there is this beautiful sadness that comes out which is truly gripping: sound work, face expressions, every little moments is bringing you more and more to this very sad place. And the second half is just a roller coaster of emotions. Fantastic movie!
    8.5/10

• CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    East of Eden - a sad story about a family and everything that can go bad in one. 8/10
    • CommentAuthorHenketor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World... Simply love this movie, especially the style. 9/10
  6.  permalink
    + "Kimssi pyoryugi" aka "Castaway on the Moon" (2009) --> Thanks Antituur for giving me the idea to watch this movie. Really subtle and cute, it was funny and touching with weird characters. Good surprise! --> 7/10
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010
    Machete - Completely absurd, as promised by the grindhouse trailer - great! ;)
    Predators - Very average movie...
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - really entertaining movie with GREAT dialogues - 8/10!
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    Glad you liked it, Theoffice!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Mammuth
    I looove Gustave de Kervern and Benoît Delépine
    I loved Groland, Avida is one of my favorite movie, and also enjoyed Aaltra and Louise-Michel, always a good laugh
    Mammuth is also funny but somehow less than their other movies, I smiled and laughed a few time but it wasn't the "Wouaaa these guys are so good" that I was used to. A bit desapointing ;) but still good :)
    7/10
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    Fish Tank
    Quite moving at time, but also could have been more :)
    7.5/10
  7.  permalink
    One of my favorite sex scene in "Fish Tank" =)
  8.  permalink
    + The Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009) --> Awwww Gemma Arterton is so hot ! This is madness lol =) The movie is easily forgettable but not bad. Lots of twists : some interesting, some stupid. Only 3 actors and a couple of locations, I guess the movie didn't cost much ; and it gave us the possibility to have a great look at Gemma's breasts so kudos. Contrary to Megan Fox, Gemma can act ! --> 6/10
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010 edited
    Colossus: The Forbin Project
    Moua! The first half hour was boring as hell, then it gets more entertaining but it seems unfinished, when it finally gets interesting, the end comes. "yes, and then what happens next??" + it didn't age very good
    6/10
  9.  permalink
    + I'm Still Here (2010) --> Great performance and commitment of Joaquin Phoenix in this documentary. Method acting at its highest level lol
    Unfortunately Casey Affleck is not an awesome director so the editing is kinda bad, there are tons of stupid/pointless scenes. It's too bad such an awesome idea, with such a great actor falls flat because of bad directing (and probably bad marketing) --> 4/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    The Kids are All Right - 83/100 - great movie, wonderful acting, especially Mark Ruffalo is a big surprise for me - I usually don't like him but he was really amazing in this movie, the ending left me angry, though.
  10.  permalink
    SPOILERS ** SPOILERS

I agree sati, it pissed me off that Mark Ruffalo was treated that badly. He deserved better!
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    "La noche del terror ciego" (1971). Nice spanish horror movie...7,5/10. zombies templars are Very Creepy !!
    "Desire" (1936), Borzage, Lubitsch, Marlene Dietrich, Gary Copper... Can't be bad, a very pleasant comedy. 8/10
    "Douce Violence" (1962) 4,5/10, plot and script are quite "light" and dated but nice photo and some good sequences and camera movements... Max Pécas did'nt completly abandonned any ambition at that time... Elke Sommer very sexy !!
    on TV watched "2012" (2009)... 2/10 ridiculous... maybe interresting for a 10 years old gameboy addict...
  11.  permalink
    + Enchanted (2007) --> Great Amy Adams in this funny Disney. The prince really cracked me up, so did the cute little chipmunk! I'm still young and naive enough to enjoy it ! YES !! --> 7/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMichele
    harry potter 7 - loved it! the best one so far...
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited
    "The Monster of Piedras Blancas" (1959), another small B movie of the 50's, the monster behaeds his victimes and suck thier blood... gulp!! 7/10
    "Terror from the year 5000" (1958) a radioactive creature from the futur comes and want to bring back a man in the future to provide new blood... very low budget movie, quite interresting 6,5/10
    "El pantano de las ánimas" (1957). A mexican low budget Horror/comedy. It begins like an Horror movie and becomes a comedy... not very frightening, and not very funny. Very cheap 4,5/10
    "La rivière des trois jonques" (1956) exoctic adventures french movie, full action, nice colors, Dominique Wilms !!, Howard Vernon... good one 7,5/10
    "Le silence de la Mer" (1949) first movie of Jean Pierre Melville, made with almost nothing. A good adaptation of the book of Vercors. All the (3) actors excellent. Great Job 8,5/10
  12.  permalink
    Haaaa can't wait for HP7 !!!!

+ Bringing Up Baby (1938) --> Really funny comedy. First time Katharine Hepburn made me laugh, she's absolutely perfect (she reminded me of Kirsten Wiig on SNL) --> Huge 7/10
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    Regeneration (1915) Raoul Walsh's first movie, very interresting story of the redemption of a thief, a classic thema, but here, Walsh shows that redemption cost always a lot, it's not free... the heroe will get redemption but the only concession he mad to his past will cost him a lot, much more than he (and we) expected, will cost him, the person he loved will be killed by his fault. Very nice. 8/10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Saw Harry Potter 7.1 last night, I cant say I agree with Michele, it was kinda boring at some points.. Now I've read the book like a thousand times and the first part wàs kinda boring (when they're in the tent and stuff) but I thought maybe they can do something about it. I have a policy not to eat during silent parts of the film (because of the irritating crunching noise, I hate it when other guys do that) but that was most of the times, just them talking, no music, not much action, just HP and friends in awkward silences.
    Because it's Harry and i can't betray him: 7/10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Oh btw, there's gonna be an overload in hp shots when the dvd is released, beautifull shots/stills and impressions can be made.. There's also an animated part in it which is great to extract shots from.
  13.  permalink
    + The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) --> Nice Disney! Same director than for "National Treasure", same Nicolas Cage equals same light fun during a movie with no originality but oh well it's a Disney after all ! Jay Baruchel is fun in it, I'm starting to like him, hope he'll have a nice career! This movie won't stay at the Pantheon of Cinema but I doubt it was its goal in the first place, it's amusing and that's all it was supposed to --> 6/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMichele
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010 edited
    energ, i liked and thought it was the best one because it was the one that was more alike the book. and i'm so effing anxious for july now u.u
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010
    Strangers, 65/100 - many suspensful scenes but overall It was boring.
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    "The Day of the Triffids" (1962) A rare and very good Sci-Fi movie from the UK. The plot is incredible : The whole world population become blind after a storm of meteorites and cosmic rays except some "survivors" At the same time a plant in the Kew Gardens Greenhouses became a monster, a giant triffid thirsty of human flesh... A captain a little girl leave London to France, meet a woman then go to Spain to find some other survivors. On an isolated island a scientist and his wife try to find a way to fight the triffids.... Bur they are spreading very quick... Even if the special effect are cheap (but that's not important) the movie is excellent. A remake is planed for 2013... I suppose the special effects will be great and the spirit fof the movie gone... as usual. 7,5/10.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I think some british channel did a mini-series of it, which was quite bad. I still am planning to read the book, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    Loaded Weapon 1 - 4/5
    The Sorcerers Apprentice - 3/5
    Hot Shots - 3/5
    Hot Shots Part Deux - 2.5/5
    Sky High - 3.5/5(Bruce fucking Campbell) \m/
  14.  permalink
    + Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) --> My favorite Star Wars, on my top10 movies of all time! Could watch it over and over again... Darth Vader is a little boring in Episode IV but in the V he's absolutely amazing. The relations between Han & Leia and C3PO & Chewbacca are hilarious. I've always wondered what David Lynch (who was supposed to direct it) would have changed ! Still can't believe the Oscars didn't give it Best Art/Set Direction or even Music... --> 10/10
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010 edited
    The Great Escape - 10/10 and even more :D One of the best movies ever, it entered my Top 10 immediately. Such a gripping story, great characters, you get involved in the story from its very beginning. And plus it's based on real events. And don't get me started with the cast, the biggest names of that time - Coburn, Pleasance, Garner, McQueen etc. - the group you can only imagine and wish for!!!! And I cried my eyes out...
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    Once Upon a Time in the West - well, what to expect of a movie that's considered one the best movies ever. 10/10 without any doubt - slow paced story, which in its 2 hours and 40 minutes never gets boring, with one of the most beautiful soundtracks ever. Music is absolutely perfect. Two movies in two days entering my Top 10 :)
  15.  permalink
    I envy you to watch these movies for the 1st time! C'era una Vola il West has been on my top10 for 10 years now!!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010 edited
    Pontypool
    ha ha ha what a shity movie but also awesome ha ha :)
    This one can be called "so bad its good" but it's also meant to be that way I think, at least I hope. This is clearly a parody/comedy or else I do not get what went through the mind of the makers of this film :)
    How to make a zombie movie with a very small budget, no zombies, almost no blood, only one place and some people talking on a radio. And it turns so ridiculous that I laughed the all time! awesome :)
    but I wont give it more than 6/10 cause it's bad and I'm ashame I liked it :)

Edit: arghh no, this deserves a 7 ;)

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010 edited
    The box
    What a bad movie! the acting is simply awefull: Cameron Diaz is at her worse, wonder if she ever as a "best", she is simply laughable in this movie, she should stop acting and do something else, really! it is messy, non sense, stupid and a total waste of my time. Plus it is full of ripoff from other movies.
    To quote someone on IMDB "By the end you really won't care what happens to any of the characters. You will be rooting for all of them to die so the film will just end" my thoughts exactly! I was praying for it to end, the story and the characters were so bad
    4/10 and this is already too much
    I dont think I will ever try to watch a Richard Kelly movie after this. I will pretend someone else made Donnie Darko.
    What a total piece of crap and lack of talent in every possible way
  16.  permalink
    Cameron Diaz is one of my least favorite actress. And she's pathetic in The Box !
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    "wonder if she ever as a "best""
    - Vanilla Sky :)

Carrie, 96/100 - After years I finally saw this movie again - it's truly a masterpiece and Sissy Spacek delivers one of the most unforgettable performances, one of the best King's novel adaptations, no, the best one :)
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    "wonder if she ever as a "best" "
    being john malkovich... a life less ordinary...
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ha yes indeed in being john malkovich, I liked her, also in a life less ordinary, I forgot about those. Her performance in The Box made me forgetting them all