Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    I watched two movies today, an Education (7.5) and The invention of Lying (7). I liked both movies very much. Not in my top 10 but still very nice to watch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMichele
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    finally watched the latest a nightmare on elm street. and i keep on saying. freddy = robert englund
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010 edited
    The Town, 70/100 - decent movie, some really great scenes. Affleck was ok, Remmer repeated his previous roles - Hamm and Lively stole the show.
    You will meet a Tall Dark Stranger 60/100 - completely and miserably fall apart near the end. But until then it's quite enjoyable, although it's one of Woody Allen's worst. Nonetheless it's always lovely to see Gemma Jones, Naomi Watts and stunning Anna Friel on screen.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    Bad Biology
    Oh my god this movie is so bad!
    i watched another Frank Henenlotter before: Brain damage, but that was a lot more fun
    I mean come on, seriously?
    And I do love weird movies but this is just plain stupid.
    3/10
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010
    well I saw Eclipse yesterday with my girlfriend

it was better than part 2
    but that is not so difficult because new moon was terrible boring and slow

Eclipse was better because it was also boring and slow but not that much as new moon :)
    My girlfriend thought the same thing. So it is not only a man thing :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    I just watched You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. Way better than Woody Allen's last movie but not one of his best. The cast is excellent even if I was a little bit disappointed by Freida Pinto. The story is interesting and sometimes very funny. I really liked the fact that Woody Allen showed only a small time frame of all those characters and he had the courage to let loose ends be loose. However, there were some weak moments and I never got that involved like e.g. with Match Point or Annie Hall. Still, it is a good and solid Woody Allen and definitely worth to watch. 7/10
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 10/10, absolutely fabulous, brilliant, wonderful, surreal, everything.
  1.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010 edited
    Galaxy Quest
    Nothing spectacular but a nice family entertainment
    6.5/10

Nói albínói
    Very nice but sad :(
    8/10

and if you liked this movie, you should watch Dark Horse from the same director, nice little movie as well :)
    Anyone saw his last one "The Good Heart"?
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    "Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans" (1927)... 10/10 that's all...
    "Lifeboat" (1944) a great Hitchcock movie... 8/10
    "Rope" (1948) another great experience 8,5/10
    "Zorro's Fighting Legion" An explosive serial directed by Witney & English... Great !! 7,5/10
    "Killers from space" (1954) from W. Lee Wilder, the brother of Billy... Hé Hé, with Peter Graves... 6/10
    "Teenagers from oute space" (1959) Tom Graef's masterpiece ;) a must to see with the mythic attack of the giant lobster.... 7/10
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    August Rush - watched it again, such a beautiful movie, with a great message about music and its importance, 9/10.
    Dreamers - nah, don't know what to say. I wanted to see this movie because of its topic, but I didn't get so much of France of that time. Nice performance by the main actors, but imo there was to much emphasis on their sexual revelations than anything else connected to that period. Great flashbacks to some cult movies, though. And excellent soundtrack, one of the best things in the movie. 6,5/10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010 edited
    @chrisy: So you finally watched Noi Albinoi, nice. I gave the movie the exact same score.

@RDPL55: Sunrise is absolutely awesome, I totally agree on that one. And I think I'll have to get Teenagers from outer space. That sounds like real fun :)
  2.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Elizabethtown - OMG, so boring. I even wanted to turn my DVD player off, but forced myself to see it until the end. Fortunately, because last 20 minutes are its best part. This movie is not funny, it's not a drama, the chemistry between two main actors is bad, Orlando Bloom is unconvincing (he is good only with a blonde wig) and Kirsten Dunst proved to be one of the most irritating actresses in Hollywood these years, although she wasn't even that bad here. 4/10 - because of these last 20 minutes and a brilliant soundtrack, which unfortunately can't save this movie from being one of the most boring experiences ever.
  3.  permalink
    The Seventh Seal... 8/10... Super movie.. Excellent cinematography.. IMO, its better than Wild Strawberries which is only other Bergman I've seen..

Dialouges were awesome but I think some important ones are lost in traslation coz what I've found in wikipedia is different from the one I got it in the subtitles. Can anyone tell me whre can I get the screenplay/script of this movie in English?
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    "The Americanization of Emily" Arthur's Hiller's 1964 anti-war movie. The apology of cowardice. The cynicism make me think to Hawks, or to Bob Altmann's M*A*S*H but less thrash. It's far from "Dr. Stranglove" witch is less fine and more outrageous... Julie Andrews, James Garner & James Coburn are excellent. Hiller rdirect this comedy like a very serious movie that's why it's so touching and effective. A true masterpiece to (re)discover. 9/10.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Get him to the Greek! Excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    The Human Centipede - 2/5 nothing too sick..nothing scary..just stupid..I saw a lot of sick movies, but this one has nothing special to offer..all the fuss for nothing..
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregov
    "Irreversible" - I never thought that this movie is so disturbing :O

@lovelyT & @theoffice911: ESotSM is one of my favourite movies :)

@Chrisy: I watched "The Good Heart" few times already and it's simply great. If You don't mind that Brian Cox swears a lot then go for it ;)
  4.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010 edited
    Exit Through the Gift Shop
    Awesome documentary and funny
    8/10
  5.  permalink
    Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - AWESOME! One of the best films I've seen lately! Supremely entreteining and fun, brilliant concept and remarkable scenes. 9/10
    Dorian Gray - The original history was great and I had to check it out, but some things disappointed me. 7/10
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010
    Bergman's 1957 "Smultronstället " for the third time. Wild Strawberries is one of the bestmovie he made.... 9/10.
  6.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010 edited
    Due Date - ok movie, but only ok. I really expected something more, especially after watching The Hangover, which was really a great comedy and I gave it an 8. This one goes between the latter one and Old school which was pretty stupid imo. Zack Galifianakis is excellent, RDJ is great and I think his character is not too serious or "evil" and there have been some funny scenes, but really nothing special when looking at the whole picture. 6,5/10
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010
    @theoffice ! I think that if we were watching to the same movies we'd going to agree more often !!! ;)
  7.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    @theoffice if the movie is more than 30 years old you have a chance !!

I watched once more "the Killers" (1949) one of (the?) Robert Siodmak's masterpiece... Excellent Film Noir with Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner as Femme Fatale of course... Great movie 9/10

and ... @theoffice sure you wathed to it !!
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010 edited
    @RDPL55, that's quite strange that you watch almost only "old" movies (and a few bad recent ones like 2012, I have to agree with you on this one), what's the point about that? Do you think nobody knows how to make good movies anymore? Do you think that "your cinema is dead" like Alain Delon said 15 years ago? Or are you... Oh my god... I know... You ARE Alain Delon, aren't you?? ;)
    Hey, please tell me: did Brigitte Bardot really become as dumb as it seems?
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    Oh, and to stick to the topic, I watched Monsters yesterday. I'm really not addict to sci-fi, but I enjoyed the movie because the "alien-thing" is not the big part of the movie, it has almost no importance actually, and I liked the rythm, and the two main actors were pretty good IMO.
  8.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    @theoffice
    She's going to be 41? Are you kidding me? Can't believe that. Where did you read it?
    Oh, and Enter the Void is definitely a unique movie experience.

I just watch Skyline in todays sneak preview. Took some time to get started and had some plot holes, but i thought it was kinda entertaining. Even though you don't care for the characters that much it at least never gets boring (unlike Monsters).
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2010 edited
    @ theoffice911
    Glad you liked it, and a little surprised somehow :)
    I loved the hotel scene, I wont spoil it but I thought the lights coming out of........ were simply amazing and those sex scenes were so beautifully filmed, truly mind blowing :)
    Many people find it too long and the end too repetitive and indeed that's a warning to give to everyone who plan to watch it but I think it is necessary for the atmosphere, these repetitive parts really put me in an uneased and uncomfortable mood, hard to explain this feeling
    Did you watch the cinema version or the short version? I wonder what is cut exactly, I have to watch the shorter one soon
    I have took some shots from it, and it made me appreciate the movie even more, it is soooo hard to take shots from it, it keeps on moving all the time, it gets blurry then back to normal, changing every seconds
    A unic and unforgettable experience indeed :)
    The characters are mostly played by not so known actors and although I thought the main actor wasn't acting too well, I really liked Paz de la Huerta, she is amazing in it and can pretend very well to be wasted ^^
  9.  permalink
    #
  10.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @theoffice911
    also when you try to take shots, you notice little details more and the work done on the montage which is simply fantastic!
    And the view from Tokyo when the camera is flying over the road... this is actually a maquette, you can see it a bit when you play it in slow motion but it is almost unnoticeable. Technically it is just master work, I dont think it is possible to deny this :)

Edit: And for the rest of the visuals, you can watch this little summary of what was done here http://www.buf.com/visual_effects.php?display=movie&id=882 (BEWARE IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!!)
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2010
    The Others - for the second time. Unfortunately, I knew the ending, but that didn't stop me to get so many chills during watching it. Such a great movie. Nicole Kidman made one of her most memorable roles in this one. Brrrrr, I'm still feeling a bit awkward. 9/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    It's such a great film. Kidman's role is wonderful she portrays sadness beautifully.

I had a week filed with comedies and romance movies:
    Notting Hill 90/100 - Right after Love Actually my favorite British comedy. I can even stand Julia Roberts in this one. Rhys Ifans is amazing, Hugh GRant is charming and the movie is truly heartwarming.
    Wuthering Heights 1992 65/100 - very good portrayal of hatred, not the best of love. Great atmopshere and fantastic work from Fiennes and Binoche but the movie feels rushed and butchered
    Enchanted - 75/100 - lovely, lovely movie. Even Patrick Dempsey didn't bother me here and it's been 7 years since I make fun of his acting in "Grey's Anatomy". Amy Adams is adorable and so is most of the things in this film.
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall 73/100 - not as funny as other recent commedies but still hilarious and with great cast. Russell Brand is a total riot and Mila Kunis is so pretty and enchanting you keep waiting for her to appear on screen.

Now it's time for serious movies, as the Oscar season is upon us ^^.
  11.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Aaaaaaaaaaa...Elvis Costello. The best thing in the movie, apart from London, is this song :)
  12.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Fantastic song, I really love it. And Notting Hill. I saw the Expendables yesterday, there was a nice song in that as well: boys are back in town.
  13.  permalink
    #
  14.  permalink
    #
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010 edited
    The Tenant - 88/100 = better than Rosemary's baby, not as good as Repulsion. Great movie, creepy, fascinating, wonderfully made.
    Rabbit Hole - 75/100 - meh. Great actors, Kidman did a great job, but the whole movie was rather dissapointing.
    • CommentAuthorHenketor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    Sint. - It's bad:P Very bad... but still I laughed my ass off. 6/10
    H.P. 7 - Way better then any of it's predecessors... first H.P. I thought was actually good:P 8/10
  15.  permalink
    Nick and Norah - Sweet, but not *that* special imo 7.5/10
  16.  permalink
    #
  17.  permalink
    #
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    Enter the Void - 4.5/5 - WOW!