Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    www.theauteurs.com

I've read about them in a newspaper article but apparently you can also find them on facebook, twitter etc.

It's a Palo Alto start-up and they want(ed) to create an internet platform where people can watch and discuss about independent, art-house, or foreign (i.e. non-American) films. I haven't tried it out properly yet, however, I think it's worth a click/look :-)
  1.  permalink
    you have to pay for the movies, but i didn´t unterstood how to get cash on your account, i was in a hurry and perhabs i just didn´t read everything well. but seems like an nice page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Hmmm ... as they described it in the article there should be also some movies for free, maybe sponsored by someone, or special editions?

What reminded me strongly of wtm, though: When you register you can choose your page style, icon and so on - and some of the movie shots seemed vaguely familiar somehow :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Thanks for the hint Sara, I really like their concept.
    I'm also fond of the layout.. simple and strong.

And don't worry about WTM having no customization / profiles / etc .. we're on it :)

@olympiquetango. Financing online platforms is no cakewalk :)
  2.  permalink
    @ naut

wasn´t a criticism. i also like their concept.