Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorIkonos
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009
    About this movie:
    http://whatthemovie.com/beta/movies/view/628

I may be a stickler on this one, but being a deep fan of this movie, I would like to notify that this image is actually a promo shot of the film, and not an actual snapshot.
    I am 100% sure of this, and in the (unlikely) case I were wrong (an alternate - underground editing of the film ? :) ), the color grading of the image still can be viewed as a blasphemy against the unique mood of the whole sequence (seriously, it hurts by heart, and my eyes...)

May I suggest an occasional replacement (since many players actually found it) by a more accurate-to-the-movie still, like this one ?

Cheers to WTM anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009 edited
    wow, that's what I call enthusiasm! :D great work

You are of course right, the shot is definitly a promo shot. The snapshot was introduced when we didn't have moderators to look over the queue.
    Probably in the very beginning of WTM, when no one looked over new submission at all. Every snapshot was posted immediatly :)

PS: Your wish for an "occasional replacement" is granted :)
    PPS: Wow, I've just seen, that I was the first one to solve this still, back in the times when we weren't occupied with looking through new submission. Boy, I miss that.
    PPPS: I am a big fan of Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger myself. Completely offtopic: At the moment I'm creating a stop-motion animation with an alien face-hugger :) Looks promising
    • CommentAuthorIkonos
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Thanks a lot, it's a pleasure to see the space jockey in it's true cinematic glory :)

I wish you luck for your stop-motion flick, fan made films about this series are quite rare these days.
    And stop motion can be so cool... :)