Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorFux
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    Yeah....i know....me again....

In help & faq:

Under new quiz structure:
    "Voting on snapshots in New Submissions gives you 3 WTM bucks."
    But later:
    "+ 5 WTM bucks for rating movies in the category New Submissions."
  1.  permalink
    Another small mistake:
    When submitting a review without a vote, the error message shows twice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    hey fellows,

not sure if this is a small mistake, but a mistake nontheless.
    When i logged in to the forum, suddenly it looks like this

before login, everything was fine.
    Using firefox btw

Cheers
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes, I have the same problem. I've seen in the bug list it's already reported, so they're on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    fixed
    •  
      CommentAuthorMicron
    I have a bug in my account. In the overview I don't see the green bars under the movies I solved. The red bars are working fine, but the green bars are not.
    • CommentAuthorZordanB
    Do you get points for solving a screenshot that is older than 30 days?!?
    After reading a book about a director I could finally solve one shot, that was posted at April the 25th - and got a point.

But beside that: Well done!
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    you dont get anythign that would help you in a highscore
    it will still show up in the userprofile though
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    In my profile, when I click on "show all" for my favourite movies, an error 500 page comes up (http://whatthemovie.com/user/agonistes/favmovies).
    • CommentAuthorZordanB
    @tliff: thanks for the answer.
    _____
    Beside that: What's the difference between "random easy snapshot" and "random medium snapshot"?!? I clicked on the easy option and the first shot, that loaded, was one that wasn't even solved. I guess that's not an easy snapshot...
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    agonistes: I checked it. Worked fine for me.

ZordanB: The difficulty needs some more time to be finished. We'll explain how it works on the help page soon.
  2.  permalink
    I have the same problem as Micron. I thought that's how it's supposed to be, but then I saw the legend you added and thought it's worth asking ;) I know it's not the biggest issue right now, but it makes guessing old movies kind of confusing.
  3.  permalink
    Could you please delete the spanish title in "The Silence of the Lambs" movie's page ? I made a mistake adding a new title... Wrong page !
  4.  permalink
    dont know if it had been reported already, but there seems to be something worng with a view still.

for example:
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/19525

it shows a picture i uploaded, but it says "posted by: THEXOUS" also if i try the title of the picture i uploaded it doesnt work.
    apperently for other people it shows my uploaded picture too, cause it has a tag which says "bubbles"...

i think some more pictures have this problem, at least the ones before and the one after...
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    I posted the same problem here http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=289&page=1#Item_1, but somehow nobody noticed or cared. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited
    I've got a small problem with the overview calendar: I chose May 30th and got only those empty red seats so I thought there hadn't been any snapshots posted. However, later I followed some links here in the forum (reporting dupes or spoiler tags) which led me directly to a snapshot from this day.
    Maybe I'm just too blind to see the simple solution but I'd really like someone to enlighten me.

[Edit:]
    On a related topic: Sometimes when clicking "next" or "previous" the site jumps to a completely different date, e.g. from June 1st to May 15th, and says "sorry, but you're not allowed to access this page". Why? Why me? Which page? o.o
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    I also get the not allowed message from time to time.

and now for something completely different:
    when you click on someone's name (like on sara's above me) in the forum section, you go to the (slightly boring) forum bio, instead of the awesome lounge bio.
    Maybe that could be changed in the future.
    • CommentAuthorChogori
    I'd like to stay logged in, as with the old system. Somehow, the forum is always logged in, but WTM itself isn't. I constantly have to login again (which becomes very annoying after a while), even though it's remembered by my browser. This is the only page that has this problem, in all my bookmarked pages (with a login).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    Just popping in to second Chogori's request.
    And, blushing slightly, thanks to forerunner for calling my lounge bio awesome :-) / ;p
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    Hm, I'm always logged in on the site somehow (Firefox)
    • CommentAuthorDarillian
    Same with the Login here, I already tried to delete the cookies and stuff, but still I have to relogin after each reboot
    That's for FF 3.0.10 under Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty), under Windows the exact same FF version works fine both for the cookies and for the speed (the slider menu is kinda slow, same as loading the shots)
    • CommentAuthorJuly
    Hello everyone
    All the WTM bucks I earned on my frist day on the new WTM were lost the next day. Did this happen to anyone else?
    I agree it could be nice to stay logged in. I chech WTM several times a day and have to log in each again time
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009 edited
    Could you please delete my last upload ? http://whatthemovie.com/shot/20726
    Problem of crop size ! I promise : I'll not do it anymore !
    (And would it be possible to see the shouts -if there are some- just under the tag line ? It's difficult for everyone to scroll down to the bottom to check if there is any message)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    we'll probably add a message at the top stating if there are comments.
  5.  permalink
    Cool !
    Another question : is there any possibility to get back the system of emails sent about the uploads ?
    Knowing if a shot has been admited to Feature Films, transfered by hand or rejected, would be nice by email, as before. I know we can have the information on the site, but it asks to search in several categories (feature films, New Submissions or Personnal page).
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    Sorry i made a mistake (twice) to vote for deletion, cause i thought the stills had been posted before, but i was in the FF and not in the new submissions.
    Very sorry for this.

But is there not a way of undoing a vote for deletion (for people who are as supid as me and make such mistakes)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009 edited
    Just 2 incoherences in the hall of fame. I better ranked than people that solved more shots than I did and my upload score is 19 despite the fact that I uploaded 20 shots (moreover I have the memorabilia for that)
  6.  permalink
    The Feature Films score is a percentage of the Feature Films you solved compared to the entire shots of this category, minus your upload ! That's why you have a higher score than someone who solved more shots, but have less uploads.
    For the Memorabilia, it looks like a bug.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    one of my bookmarked stills dissapeared, and now i can't delete it (as far as i know). When i try to go to the still to unbookmark it, i get the unallowed message.
    Is there a way to delete this bookmark?