Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChoco
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited
    Hello,

First of all, thank you for the new WTM, it's great and quite funnier !

The point is that I don't know how to add a alt-title when I upload a new shot. I read the FAQ (and other explains), and if I'm not mistaken, we can add an alt-title with the rank "Focus Puller". So I tried again today, my shot is in "New Submission", but I still don't know how to add an alt-title.

Could someone help me, please ?

Thank you guys for your answers, and sorry for my poor english...

Choco
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    you should use WTM SEARCH to find the movie.

then you can add alt-titles to the your movie. alt-titles stick with the movie, not with the shot (like it used to be).
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    You can't add alternative titles for a single snapshot, only for the movie itself on the movies's page on wtm.
    • CommentAuthorChoco
    Thanks guys, I just did it ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZendrig
    @ mods: The language dropdown menu says "Turkisch". I don't think that's correct.
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    there's also a wrong flag for swedish alt-titles, I think. I remember it as blue with a yellow cross, not light blue with a white bar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    Hihihi ... I can't understand people saying that time in the internet is wasted - now we even learn about geography, foreign flags and tags. Plus we could even start studying Turkish by adding alternative titles.
    What a wonderful world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    there's a problem with "the jungle book". http://whatthemovie.com/movie/the_jungle_book
    One of the french titles (merlin l'enchanteur) isn't correct and should be removed.
  1.  permalink
    for "about a boy", http://whatthemovie.com/movie/about_a_boy
    - the french title is added as an english title
    - I added the hungarian title twice, because it didn't show up the first time
    - I can't at the greec, chech, Slovenian, croatian, brazilian or Serbian title
    - He won't accept "Der Tag, an dem die Erde stillstand" as german title for "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Wouldn't it be nice, if the language popped up, if we hovered over the flags? Just a thought
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    "- I can't at the greec, chech, Slovenian, croatian, brazilian or Serbian title"
    I had the same problems yesterday and added a greec title as english but don't know if i did right...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMuten
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    for http://whatthemovie.com/shot/20734 all german titles containing a number are wrong. if someone with rights would change it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    The problem with "the Jungle Book" and "Merlin l'enchanteur" comes from an older mixup (a shot from the former was entered as being from the latter) and we couldn't change alternate titles so the alt remained. Then when importing all images into the new databases, "Merlin l'enchanteur" stayed as an alternate title for screenshots of that movie... (it should be fixed now)

Oh, and do you *really* want to add Greek, Czech, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian and Brazilian titles to "About a Boy" ???
    (Somewhat I'm beginning to think that this "alternate titles" thing is getting out of hand...)
  2.  permalink
    And I would like to add "Te kaieke tohora" to http://whatthemovie.com/movie/whale_rider ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    Adding the Maori title to Whale Rider is okay, unlike adding the Slovenian title of About a Boy...
    But I'm not sure tliff and naut want to draw a Maori flag :)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
  3.  permalink
    @ MisterZob : Thanks for reporting. Titles updates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMuten
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    btw: it seems there is something wrong with the swedish flag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    Yes it has already been reported. I suppose that will be fix soon. Now it looks more like israel than sweden
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    Hi,

I tried to add the german (and some other) title for http://whatthemovie.com/movie/wallace_gromit_in_the_curse_of_the_were-rabbit but it doesn't appear on the list of alternative titles and you can't solve stills with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    Strange, I just added the Turkish and Danish title, which work fine, but the German title does not.
  4.  permalink
    I had this problem too. To add german titles seems to be impossible...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    Probably, because normally German titles aren't that well translated, rather the opposite?
    :-)