Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Newbie question here.

Where may I see why my upload has been deleted ? I'm certainly still not used to the new WTM, but I sought and could not find the information, even in the shout area.

I understand it may not deserve reaching "Featured films" but I would at least know why it's been dropped.

Moreover, what I don't understand is why my upload disappeared _before_ the 48 hours delay.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    black bars?
    mouse cursor in the picture?

we will add notification again
  2.  permalink
    No, the problem isn't the black bars but my snapshot (the number 20772, I think) completely disapear before the end of the 48 hours delay and I don't understand why?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    You uploaded that movie twice and both pics didn't match WTM quality standards.
    There was black bars on your 1st try. And also it was squeezed.
    Your 2nd snapshot was vertically stretched. It was 697x400 (which is something like 1.75:1) when the movie and the DVD are actually 2.35:1. Thus it's been voted for deletion.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    Thanks for the explanation MisterZob!
    misterorange: People used the "vote deletion" function. If 5 people think the still is inapropriate, it will be deleted.
    Unfortunatly, we don't have email notifications for this event yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZendrig
    It's obviously not that easy to reach the feature film section. My last two uploads (which can still be seen in my profile) had >6.5 rating and still got rejected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009 edited
    after uploading a few stills and getting some good quality interesting stills rejected by democracy, I have come to the conclusion that if you want a still to reach the feature film section, you need one or more of the following

1) Boobies
    2) Gore and or Death
    3) Explosions
    4) Really bloody obvious what the film is.

If you can get a still which has all of the above, the universe might explode under the pressure of its amazing awesomeness.
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    I think you're right them00ch, thanks for the magic formula! ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    them00ch: you forgot about guns! Guns directed at people. Guns lying on the floor. Guns next to other guns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    The likelyhood of getting the feature film is also higher for animes.
  3.  permalink
    Things are going to change slowly. I'm trying to introduce the "old bent japanese lady" factor to the New Submissions.
    If it's accepted, the essence of the term "Awsomness" will be soiled forever.