Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMadMarky
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    There are difficult movies and difficult movies, but a movie that was only shown in one country and then only even in a few arthouse cinema's? Come on, the 13 people that solved the screenshot were all from the Netherlands and recognised the actor, it's not that they have actually -seen- it. As far as i'n concerned it's not a suitable screenshot for an international site like this.

And what can possibly be wrong with a few FG screenshots? It's a nice movie ;-)
    I've tried to submit a few in the past weeks, but only 4 or 5 in total of which 2 were placed. And it's not like WTM is flooded with FG screenshots. Movies starring johnny Depp are in a whole different league. If you want to ban uploads for a movie, start with (for example) Donnie Darko. It already has quite a few archive stills and many many more were submitted the last month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    Hey MadMarky wait up - noone is suggesting we BAN films like FG. You are right, it is a decent enough film. Its fine if lots of *different* users want to post images from one film (although people should probably dig a little deeper into their collections). Its just that in the uploading rules it says no more than 2 stills from the same film, from the *same user*. We were querying if uploading 4 stills from the same movie was against the rules or not.

And this site is for very well known movies, AND not so well known movies, and everything in between. I think some people were a little bit put out that you voted to delete a movie because not many people had seen it, and then uploaded a still from a movie that everyone in the world had seen. Your movie and Chrisy's movie are just *extreme* opposite ends of the same spectrum, and they both belong.

That being said, enough with the FG stills already :) at least until I set up whattheforrestgump.com
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    I'm sorry MadMarky but I have to totally desagree with you regarding the arthouse movies, I watch about 7 movies each week, sometimes more, I watch movies from all over the world and sometimes movies that didn't have a big audience even in their own country, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only cinephile who also thinks that way, I'm really glad to see a few rare movies posted here, and believe me or not, the director from the movie you are talking about is also known by other cinephile outside Holland. Ok, you are right with the fact that this is not very much known but you have to consider that some people do like to see these types of shots and movies here. In the same way you do like to see more famous films.... Rare movies are already not the majority here, but having a few is good! If you dont like a shot, you can always vote it with a low rate, there is no need to vote for deletion for something which is following perfectly the current rules.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    was it about the movie with Theo van Gogh in the picture?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    yes
    • CommentAuthorCW
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Please, is it possible to vote only for the quality of the shot and not for the movie ? I see a lot a very great shots in the "new submissions" who have bad votes only because the movie is to hard for some people... I'm tired to only find johnny deep, christian bale and bruce willis movies...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Sorry, but who's the guy in the middle? ;-)