Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/22352
    this is a shot from the extended dvd version. This scene was not in cinemas, at least not in the Netherlands.
    Is this allowed?
  1.  permalink
    Yes it s from the extended edition, but we saw it in cinemas here in France
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    The picture has gone now so I am not sure which one you are talking about, but i think this is an interesting question and one that needs to be clarified.

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this trend, but there does seem to be a spate at the moment of movies ONLY being released on DVD as a "directors cut" which differs from the original theatrical cut. I think Kingdom of Heaven is an example, as is "nuovo cinema paradiso" (not sure if I spelt it right).

Really we are only expected to take stills from DVD/BD, so if the movie is ONLY available on disc as a directors/extended cut, is it OK to include scenes that werent in the theatrical cut? how are we to know which scenes werent in the theatrical cut if you have only seen it on disc?

What are other peoples opinions on this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    I think that most of the time you can still figure out the movie based on style or colors or background even if the exact shot is not remembered.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    As long as the movie was released theatrically, I think we should accept all shots from any official DVD of the movie.
    If we don't, it's gonna be a mess : "Hey, you voted for deletion but the DC was released in korean theaters !!!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    @ siren34 : agreed, most of my solves are from movies I have never even seen for this exact reason =)

@MZ : also agree, could get messy.

I certainly wouldnt have a problem with scenes that werent in the original theatrical release, just thought it needed clarification.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    uncut/unrated/extended/directors cut/etc.

all accepted
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    okay, my question was solved. thanks
    @ themooch, the link still works for me