Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    It's a nice proof of braveness and justice to vote for deletion about a google image, but I think it's better if the voter can find the link of this "claimed" google image.
    Example : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23900

20 pages of research in images.google and still no shot like this one... But I will search more, I promise.

And I'm not saying that because I feel angry...
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Hum. I already answered you on your page.
    I can give you the link: Simply type the title of the movie and the brand of the battery in google image :)
    Don't be angry
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    http://images.google.com/images?q=morpheus%20duracell&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

First thing I searched for - morpheus + duracell. But the ones that show up are not the same aspect ratio as your shot.

I think it's important that WTM veterans check for this from the noobs, but I think we should expect that other veterans know what they're doing.
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    Does anyone know if WTM resizes images at all? Because if it does not, it can make searching for stolen images much easier by using the dimensions in an advanced google image search.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    I think WTM resizes image only if they are too big. So you can cheat like you want, astro ! :)

Well, efji, you must be in the website since enough time to know that I've never uploaded a google image.
    I would not have more than 160 uploads if I was cheating all the time.
    And of course, anyone can find any shot of any movie on the web, if you have time enough for that. So why didn't you vote for deletion for the last "Toy Story", "Fargo" or "Terminator" shots ?

By the way, as Astro said, the images you can find on the web are not :
    - same ratio
    - same color
    - same definition

So : veteran uploader + different ratio/color/definition + nice shot indeed ! = not deletion vote.

And I'm not saying that only for you, efji, but also for all the del-voters who perhabs are not pretty sure about what they are voting against. A red icon under your shot makes you loose good votes (good exemple with my shot : 10 voters --> 9+ / after the del-vote, 20 voters --> 7.4).

I took 20 others shots from this film, efji, so you will see another beautiful shot from Google soon !
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    He LePaposaure: I hope you are not really planning to submit 20 stills from this movie..........
  1.  permalink
    Yes ! 20 shots of this movie, in a row ! And then, 20 others from the Vol. 2 ! :)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    As I said in another discussion : if the snapshot comes from the uploader's original DVD, it's OK, even if the still is available somewhere else on the web and comes up when you google the movie.
    Because *there are* DVD snapshots on other websites. And Google indexes them. So you might find the exact same shot you've just made on the web. What's the big deal ??? Are you really gonna check the 772,000 pics Google Images returns for Forrest Gump before posting *your* DVD snapshot ?
    What should be deleted is all those commercial pics, lobby cards, ... you can *also* find on Google Images. Those pics are not in the movie original aspect ratio (or 4x3, since fullframe DVDs should be accepted too) and don't have the same colors, the same definition, ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    Impressive impact of the "Red Icon" (or "The Curse of the Doomed Deletion") :
    34 voters --> 6.74/10 (for a shot which could be at 8 or more)

@MisterZob : Totally agree !
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Actually LaPaposaure, this picture rang me a bell. I checked google but not the poster's name. If I had realized it was posted by such a big shot of the place I problably would'nt have voted for deletion. Anyway, if it does not reach the FF, I'm sure you'll post another one. I promise I'll give it a 10 !
  2.  permalink
    Thanks efji. I hope you and other del-voters (me also) will think twice before voting for deletion now.
    And it's "Le"Paposaure, not "La" ! Or call me Papo, it's simple as ABC !
  3.  permalink
    Damn it ! Now it's the "Revenge of the Black Bars"... http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23900
    Is there a plot of the governement against this shot ?
    Or am I living in the real world ?... I heard about a Matrix...
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ha ha ha LePaposaure and the comment "DVD or not, giant black bars." ha ha ha. Sorry for laughing but this is too funny :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    enormous!

The fact that you just surpassed me on the uploaders list has nothing to do with this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    Ok. Now I'm definitly doomed.
    I think sky will fall on my head before the end of the day.
    Or my computer will explode and burn the house.

From my Upload page : http://imagik.fr/view-rl/86599

(sorry for the image hosting, I can't link it directly)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    4 uploads :O You deserve the horsehead! :p
  4.  permalink
    Noooo !! Not the horsehead !
    This is the first time there's a bug like this one. I feel pretty proud, in fact... :)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    he Papo,

nice the 4 photo que

but your photo have now 2 black bar votes
    one vote and is gone
  5.  permalink
    Thanks LordMyst,
    I've seen that Zanapher has left a message in Gamuci's Profile about black bars (text I copy/paste in marianaolfer's profile).
    I hope the shot will be saved by an admin before being deleted by the last vote.
    If not, I will repost a better shot from the same movie, no problem :)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    great shot, I'll delete the vote-deletes by hand
  6.  permalink
    Thanks Naut !