Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    I guess I will have to wait to post my awesome Johnny Depp shot (yes I swear I have one planned too ha ha ha) because seriously: AGAIN??? 3 more (included a dupe), another serie
    First serie from Deviant was funny, now this is not funny anymore

http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24681
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24682
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24683

Seriously, I really dont understand people sometimes, what is the fun of it??

Anyway, on top of having a restriction on how many time we see a movie per month, I think there should be the same for actors!! probably not possible but It's allowed to dream :-)
  1.  permalink
    just this actor in particular ;)
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    Agreed. I like Johnny Depp a lot and he is a phenomenal actor, but enough is enough! I don't even have the heart to solve his stills half the time anymore. But I like the points and we all know if Depp is on it, it gets through :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    There are 5 now in the submission, it's really stupid....
    I think this is not doing any good to the game, most of them go through and it is way too much!

Like I said, I also have one planned, but if I see that there is already one in the submission, I'm not gona post it, it's just common sense...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    I totally agree and like hurley most of them I don't even solve anymore...
    I've had it already a few times that another movie(without Johnny Depp) was posted I wanted to post, so I didn't post it, because I think it's boring to have the same movies in the new submissions. I wonder why noone of the posters of Johnny Depp thinks the same... that it's boring to see his face all around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    I was hoping my Johnny Depp series had a positive effect on this problem, but it seems that users are now trying to repeat the same joke and think it's still funny :( Or they just have no idea at all. Not everyone reads the forum and many users might visit the whole site like once a week, so they don't notice the huge amount of Johnny's.
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    Hey, I thought your series of Johnny Depp was good Deviant :) Very well picked stills and I always liked him with that eye rig on from "CENSORED". I don't mind the new stills because the two in new submissions are from movies that aren't posted very much. And I don't mind solving Johnny Depp movies, I just don't always want to see his face one after another. And this is for any actor posted back to back to back. And its not so much that I don't like a series. I think a series of 3 is good. Its just we have seen too many stills of this particular actor lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    I'd like to predict a new series emerging from the depths of the uploading sea with this actor: http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24702
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    Haha, so true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    There is another intended "actor" series coming up. This ( http://whatthemovie.com/shot/24802 ) is the third one already, thanks to DiedEnFreek :D
    I feel guilty again :(^^
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    Haha, and they are all face shots :D
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    Just a note - DiedEnFreek's is not a repost, and its not Alice in Wonderland.

BTW, how did antituur get the mislabeled 2001 still from a few days ago correct?
    • CommentAuthorRoja
    Well, goodmorning and excuse me for having fun on WTM. I guess my depp-posts were not to your taste? Well you've allready decided to get rid of one. I did not know that there were rules on how many johhny's are allowed. They were not bad/very easy at all, and I just happen to love Depp and series. And yes, I did not see the Deviant posts of him, because i was -OMG- not on WTM every day! come on! live and let live a little.
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    @ astrododo: you mean still 24587? 2001 was the first title I tried and I was surprised it wasn't right. Thinking my memory was mixing things up I tried some other 'space travel-ish' movies and that helped. But I was still surprised. :-)
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    @Deviant: After two quite simmilar shots from the same movie, I couldn't resist posting that shot ;)

2.  permalink
    @Antituur : If you also post the url of the picture, we can see it too. Sadly the shot is deleted now and I have no idea which shot you refer to :(
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    Well, it looked pretty much like the movie poster of 2001, showing Keir Dullea with a helmet full of light reflections. (And as the shot is deleted, I wouldn't know how to find it's URL.)
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    It looked like this (from Google Image Search):
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    @Roja
    We did not 'get rid' of one of your shots because it was Johnny Depp (No one can delete a shot by themselves, only vote to have it deleted). Though we bitch about certain things, we (the regular forum goers) only vote-delete stills that violate the upload rules. If you notice, there is another thread about people abusing the vote-delete button. It was probably voted by enough people due to bad quality or aspect ratio.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    This particular shot was deleted because it was a dupe, there was exactly the same shot already posted (it was part of the serie Deviant posted)

@Roja, of course series are great, of course Johnny Depp is a great actor but we see him way too much on WTM, and when I say way too much, it is every day! It can be really anowing at time. Dont take it personal, I can understand that you are not here everyday to check what is posted but trust me, he is there way more than enough, and after you posted the serie, there were 2 more posted by some other players, so 5 pictures in total in the submission! You can understand that for people who play every day this is a real pain
    But no hard feeling here, this was not against you, just getting tired of seeing his face every day, that's all...
  3.  permalink
    @Antituur Ah! That one! I remember :) I was puzzled by that one. Still have no clue what it is :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    @DiedEnFreek
    I did expect someone to do that :D And it was funny to see that it was not from the same movie. I could not solve it btw. *cries*
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009
    Me either! Someone was being very tricky...
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009 edited
    I like the trickyness of my
    I so know you all SO know the movie and see it when I tell you. :p
    • CommentAuthorhurley19
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    That one was tricky! I felt really good about getting that one. Well played :)
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    That is a great one!
  4.  permalink

For the ones who didn't find the still: that astronaut is stranded on an alien planet and is calling home.