Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    @theoffice911 : the number of uploads is completely irrelevant. At least if you count the ones that did go to the FF. Just upload a bunch of PF and JD and you have a lot of uploads. but I would hardly consider that a contribution. Many people with interesting stills that don't make it to the FF contribute a lot, but just don't get "uploads" for it.
  2.  permalink
    Well I disagree with you, if you upload a lot but none go to FF you don't contribute "a lot" I mean I don't solve any screenshots in New Submission I just give grades to some of them (to have my 300 points a day so I don't see them all) and to see how mine are doing but that's all. It took me too much time at the beginning to solve every shots in new submission so now I just solve in the FF section, it's faster.
    And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, you just see how many times a picture is solved when it's in New Submission and after 24 hours in FF it has been solved wayyyy more so lots of people don't solve in new submission and don't even go there (I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that's the way it is)

And secondly I do think the number of uploads is relevant. The more uploads you have means the more time you've spent to help the site to develop. If you don't upload that's fine for me, you can still enjoy the game and play but you have to be nicer with the one who actually helps. That's all.

PS: sorry checknorisk I didn't want to upset you or reopened a clase that was close i just wanted to use this case to illustrate my point. It was nothing personal and indeed I didn't read the whole thread.
    Sorry!
    PS2 : None of my 399 uploads is from Dr. Strangelove
    PS3 : None of my 399 uploads has Johnny Deep on it !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    Is this the good ol' Johnny Depp discussion again? I'm in!
  3.  permalink
    Ok. Granted. It's possible to get a high "upload" without JD, but what I meant to say is that it's also possible to uploas a shitload of easy uninteresting (my opinion) stills that will get approved ans get a high upload that way.
    If you would take number of "uploads" as standard, IMO it wouldn't do much credit to all the people who do their best to upload shots, that in the end don't go to the FF.
  4.  permalink
    Are you saying that my uploads are easy and uninteresting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    Chill out guys :) Im sure that wasnt DiedEnFreeks intention.

group hug ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009 edited
    yeah, let's end this discussion with a big group hug. over and out.

PS: Deviant, your comment made me laugh bigtime :D
  5.  permalink
    theoffice911 : No, your stills vary from easy to hard and from known and unknown movies. no complaints about your uploads :)
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    It's really quite simple.
    If you want to upload a screenshot from a very very famous movie, try to make it harder.
    If you want to upload a screenshot from a rather unknown movie, make it easier.

The top 10 uploaders are very good at this.
    Cheers!
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited
    I manage to find (as in upload) impossible stills from very well known movies :(
  6.  permalink
    think I'm going to stop solving in the new submissions, too frustrating.

problem is it's addictive, but I will try to stop.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited
    If you're up to solving snapshots for points, I'd also stay away from the New Submissions..
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    its the game, not the points.........
    • CommentAuthorchecknorisk
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2009 edited
    it has nothing to see with points, I can't find more movies in the FF anyway.

the frustration comes from the deleted movies, I don't even remember them as soon as they're cancelled. it makes me sad.
    • CommentAuthorchecknorisk
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2009 edited
    I'll try to explain: WTM is a puzzle game, but it's also an excellent way to discover movies. but if the movie never reach the movies archive, you'll never click on the solution button to get the title of that movie you like the still so much.
    so WTM lose one of it's original goal.

I think deleted movies should be accessible too, even if it's not for playing. kind of a trash can where the more curious of us have a look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009
    I actually love the New Submissions section . . . If a movie looks really interesting to me and probably won't make it through to FF, I post on the uploaders page asking them about the movie . . . It gives them props for the upload and I usually get to know the movie in just a few days . . :)