Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009 edited
    I'm happy to announce that we managed to recruit 3 new moderators!

They've just passed bootcamp. We made them crawl through dirt and jump our giant servers.
    They've proven to be very useful and in case of a problem we'll throw them wave after wave at our enemies.

Let me introduce to you (in alphabetical order):

- Chrisy http://whatthemovie.com/user/chrisy
    Raised in the wastelands of France she learned the language of the enemy and even managed to seduce a high ranked officer and sneak behind enemy lines.

- Deviant http://whatthemovie.com/user/Deviant
    Deviant joined the WTM army early on and has since been our man for outside communication and treasure hunting.

- them00ch http://whatthemovie.com/user/them00ch
    senior staff member m00ch served in both world wars and watched movies way before they were invented.

If they want to clarify things or introduce themselves on their own, just shoot :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Thanks Naut :P

Most of you know me by now, whether it is because of my overlong posts in the forum, or because of the now infamous "shanghai noon" incident, that Holynoise and Deviant wont let me forget. But I think I am supposed to tell you all something about myself, so here goes, try to look interested :)

Im a grumpy old man, a 50 year old stuck in a 30 year old's body, bald enough that I have to shave my head, overweight enough to consider a training bra, short enough to ignore most "mind your head" signs, but tall enough to get banned from the kids bouncy castle :(

Please message me about anything, if you need any help with the site, or if you just want a chat, or if you have had an accident or personal injury that wasnt your fault in the last 12 months. Please dont message me for hair styling tips, weight loss advice or questions about using a bouncy castle when you are a grown-up. That probably wouldn't end well.

As per my usual form, this turned out to be longer than I intended, so I will now just say thank you to Naut and Tliff for giving me the chance to be part of the best, most addictive movie quiz ever, and thank you to one of the friendliest communities online for being so welcoming. I appreciate it, and hope I can perform my duties here adequately :) If you feel I am not doing my job, please let me know, and I will hunt you down and crush you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009
    Congratulations :) You did some great work last week! Try to continue that and I'm sure everything will be fine :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    Gratz to you :-)

BTW: I think I just found a old picture of the young them00ch preparing for a barbecue with friends on google:
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    congrats to all three :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    gz all three of ya :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    good going guys! glad to see the team groing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited
    Hello everyone :)

You should know me by now. I'm a very active member here and responsible for the first contest. I've been movie addicted for a long time now and stacked up a nice collection of DVDs over the time. So when I saw WTM coming up, this was like a dream to me and I immediately signed up. To be honest, I had a long break before WTM 2 started, because i had some studying to do and this got just too addictive. But I'm back and now proud to be part of the moderators team!

Like shanghai noon said, if you have any questions, problems, whatever - leave a shout in my profile or meet me in the chatroom. I will even give you bad hair styling tips.
    Of course, I will always try to rescue those cool shots which didn't make it to the Feature Films just because some lamers fail to recognize the beauty in it. That's our job here anyway.

I am 24 year old/young, living in Germany. When I'm not sitting on the computer or watch movies, I take my bike to the next forrest or along the Rhine river. You can also sometimes find me there searching for "treasures", an addictive reallife-game called Geocaching (look it up on Wikipedia). I also enjoy sitting in coffee lounges with some friends, talking about religion, politics, life and movies of course. As of my profession: I just somehow managed to get to be a licensed Media Designer and will be following the route of designing and/or coding websites. Not quite sure actually.
    I also write stuff in my blog and one of my posts about WTM happens to be linked in the help section of WTM for some reason ;) Sadly it's only in german language right now. If anyone out there wants to translate this, it would be great. Otherwise I will try it myself.

So that's about it. Any questions?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited
    Hi everyone :)

Ok, well, it's an honor to be here!
    I love the site, I actually played a bit with WTM1, my other half Toffetomas was already heavily addicted to it and managed to convince me to be more active. For me, more than being just a game, the site is a way to discover new movies, I discovered already quite a few nice and interesting ones here. And if I can make you discover some, then I will be happy!

About my self, I'm 30, French but living in Holland for nearly 10 years, Sorry to the dutch out there because my dutch is very bad! but dont hesitate to make me practise, I need to :)
    I'm a big movie lover, I watch all kind of movies, documentaries, short movies, anime... Although I do watch also maintream movies, I particulary like movies that are a bit different and original, often movies not too many people know, that explains my very low score on WTM, movies most people know, I dont :) I also have a very bad memory which doesn't help :)
    If I would have to name some famous names I would have to say: Gaspar Noe, Emir Kusturica, Lynch, cronenberg (earlier work cause I dont really like his last 2 movies!), Jan Svankmajer, Jan Kounen, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Darren Aronofsky, Terry Giliam, the Coen brothers, Todd solondz, Gondry, Jeunet, Chan-wook Park... I stop here there are too many, and there are always new ones to add to the list: recently discovered Guy Maddin, Roy Anderson, Julio Medem... less known but amazing directors!

Anyway, it is great to be here and as Deviant and m00ch said, dont hesitate to ask us if you have questions or need help, we're not here 24h/7 (although it does feel like it lol) but we are often around. And be sure we try to be as fair as possible in our choices.

Dont want to make it too long so if you want to ask something, feel free :)
  1.  permalink
    Nice to see new army blues !
    • CommentAuthorCalslaan26
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    Congratulations to all! And just to help Chrisy improve her dutch: "Gefeliciteerd en een leuke tijd toegewenst als moderator"
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    ja inderdaad gefeliciteerd Chrisy met je moderatorschap
    ik hoop dat je nog heel veel leuke uploads gaat uploaden.
    ik hoop dat je je macht voor heel veel goed gaat gebruiken

doe je best en gefeliciteerd

and congrats to the rest ;)
    • CommentAuthorCavaH
    Om ook mijn steentje bij te draaien aan het Nederlands van Chrisy :)
    Gefeliciteerd met het moderatorschap en succes met het nemen van de juiste beslissingen.

And to the rest of the moderators: Glad you are here to protect us from those Johnny Depp shots!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009
    bedankt allemaal :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009
    i wonder if deviant can resist the urge for more johnny depp.
    But congratulations to you all.
    En ook voor jou chrisy
  2.  permalink
    Congratulations to the three of you !
    So what are you powers? You can allow screenshots to go through FF? How do I bribe you?! lol ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited
    @forerunner
    Hehe. Prepare for a new series! ;) Just kidding, although I do have a lot of Johnny Depp movies which I never posted...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010 edited
    Congratulations Asmodai for being the newly appointed member of the moderator team!

Asmodai was doing such a great job with the contests, that we (red and blue labels) decided to make him an honorary moderator.

Feel free to visit his profile http://whatthemovie.com/user/asmodai and send him as much abuse as he can take, and give the rest of us a break for a while! ;)

Congrats Asmodai!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
  3.  permalink
    Congratulations, Asmodai! You earned it. Now you'll be parenting all of us =P
    Keep up the good stuff ^.~
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    Thank you. Now go to bed! :P
  4.  permalink
    Congrats Asmodai. Have a prosper and righteous reign. Good night :D
  5.  permalink
    Well i'm a bit of a new guy on the block but just wanted to shout congrats to Asmodai anyway. I think all the moderators here seems to do a nice job and "WTM" is pretty addictive stuff i've noticed.
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited
    Ah ah, congrats Asmodai, I agree that you made a great job these last weeks or months. Actually I didn't check your label and I thougt you were already a moderator :)

edit: man, you're just behind me in the uploader HoF and getting closer every day, please don't use your new position to beat me ;) (just kidding of course)