Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009 edited
    Choose!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    It was difficult to choose between product placement and split screen, but I chose product placement and I see I'm not the only one :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    Too early for Halloween :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    I miss the eyes ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    GO splitscreen Go splitscreen :P
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    LOL, toilets is the one 4 me! got such a lovely shot! but i see you guys seem to dissagree.. cool to see that suggestion here! THANKS TLIFF!
  1.  permalink
    @ the topic "toilets": I would (try to) post a great shot from a quite popular Cohen Bros.-movie ;)

but I voted for "Product placement" because I find it somehow more interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    when does the new contest start?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    @Bazzy: One could wonder if you really have "ready toilets shots" just in case of a contest on that subject showing up :D
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    I say wait for halloween

or do we need every month contest?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009
    I think one each month would be nice. One week to prepare shots, one week for the contest and then 2 weeks of resting :p
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    I say one in 2 months

because I think every month is to much
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    you don't have to enter every contest...
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    CommentAuthorRedvex , i got a great toilet shot ;)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    @pspan ofcourse I need to enter every contest ;)

it is an addiction ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009 edited
    I like the idea of one per month... And, sorry my stupid but, explain Product Placement, please?!
    What will count as Product Placement? brands? logos? advertisements?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009 edited
    Shots like http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27162 , http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23312 , http://whatthemovie.com/shot/29548 and http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27205

But you can always try to think of something more creative :p

Not sure if it have to be existing products?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009
    Hum, was what I suspected...
    tnks zythux!
    I think the products not need necessarily exist... my opinion ;)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    i do think they have to exist! otherwise it wouldn't be product placement would it? the idea is that some compagny paid to get their brand in the movie right? i'd appreciate some rules in advance, i hate rejected shots!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I agree with bazzy3000. The more blatent obvious sell out to company movie scene you can find......
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    I can think of some product placements of non-existent products. For example my shots of Red Apple cigarettes (one of them is linked by Zythux). I would like to give more examples but then you would steal my ideas ;)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    But some true companies have things in movie, but the companies didn't pay for it, the producers just bought the needed items. Does that still count as product placement? And how are you going to check?
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i don't think that there is really a way to check, unless it's really obvious (brand of cars in transformers/iron man, an apple computer in a meeting in 24 or something), then you can safely assume that the company paid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009 edited
    Who cares if a product placement is paid or not or if it's real or not. It's still a product, placed in a scene = product placement.

To many restrictions are not good. Kills creativity.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    indeed
    i'd say shots that feature a certain product are allowed (be it real or fictional products)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009 edited
    Agreed, it doesnt matter. As long as a company brand/logo/product is displayed it should be fair game.

EDIT : Im agreed on ignoring if its "paid for" or not anyway. I do actually think it should at least be a real company personally though, even if the product is made up or a parody. Or you could argue ANY thing in a movie is product placement, ie fictional cars, fictional food etc.. I dont think this will hamper people's choices, almost every film that comes out has multiple product placements, should be hundreds of films to choose from.

If it is fictional products/companies its not exactly product placement.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    alright m00ch, let's stick with this then.. the product/brand has to be real, and that's it.. let's go ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Its just my opinion, its still up for discussion :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    But there is a difference between just anything (i.e. some random fictional car: http://whatthemovie.com/shot/26154 ) and something that clearly is a product (i.e. a cigarette brand http://whatthemovie.com/shot/23312 ) even if it's not real, it is branded and I would consider this a product placement.
    • CommentAuthorDjZIggy
    How about spoofs?
    The gascannister from Gladiator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    @ deviant, i didn't mean to restrict the contest in any way, just wanted to give my opinion on what i think is PP. I agree with you that it doesn't matter if the product is real or not.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I agree with the fact that we should limit it to real-life companies/products. When you have a sci-fi movie that has an ultramodern mac-book that also is 50 years into the future, it still counts as a macbook and therefore as product placement, though, even if the actual product doesn't exist, the company does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I don't really care, but if only real product placement is allowed it has to be clearly explained before uploading to avoid misunderstandings.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    yeah, you're right, we have to tighten the rules on the next contest. and there will be a maximum of 3 shots to submit per person.
    And the "one movie per contest" limit. You can't imagine how many ppl uploaded the lord of the rings party in the last contest ;)

I think one regular contest (with user submitted shots) per month is a good figure, but that's not the sole purpose of the vault.
    There will be other theme based "quests" in between the contests. We'll implement the feature this weekend. Stay tuned.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    cool naut! and i shall try to imagine... hmm.... lord of the rings.... how... many... people.... my guess is three! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorVivaErBetis
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
    Hello, first message in this forum.

I suggest two more subjects:
    - "Movies on movies": shots that shows scenes from other movies, for example, while the stars are in a cinema or watching TV, etc...
    - "Bloopers": obvious (or not) errors like crew in the frame, anachronisms, different actors that the real ones, etc...

Bye2.
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    I agree with Deviant on the fact that the fake brand is clearly a placement product, even if the product is not real. However i don't consider the flying cars as placement products, there's no brand name or logo.

I think product placement implies publicity for a brand (real or not)? At least logos or brand should be seen. And i wonder if slogans (catchphrase of anykind) count.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I still think that product placement is about companies paying for getting their brands in a movie. So real brands only IMO.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    I really think fictional brands should be allowed too.
  2.  permalink
    When will the uploading period start?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    I don't think it's determined yet. Just check the vault sometimes, it will be announced there on time, so everyone still has time to collect some stills.
  3.  permalink
    we need a black and white movies contest
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009 edited
    is there any estimated date for beginning of next contest? will be possible to establish this with a good advance? the next weekend I will travel and do not intend to take the computer but it coincides with the competition I have to get right!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    oke bring it on :)

when will the new contest begins

the Chrisy quest looked beautiful
    but it was not for me. I like more the upload contests

oke so when :)
    next week?
  4.  permalink
    Yeah bring it on! Time for another poll?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    first product placement contest and then an another poll
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009 edited
    i've got my shots ready.. have to build up the excitement again... i know i was pretty happy getting my shots ready.. but they're collecting dust ;) i guess it'll be pretty soon myst.. these guys seem pretty busy :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    I've got my shots ready also.. Launch the new contest today please:P I can't wait!
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009 edited
    Now Halloween fits :p
  5.  permalink
    I've got my shots ready too (got 6, just in case...) when do we start?