Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009
    Excuse my ignorance, but I honestly can not understand how is the process of uploading a shot! Today my shot with the lowest score went up and the other two higher notes have not increased, and films with lower scores went up! What is the space of time considered? What are other ways to rise above the note? Is there any relationship between resolveds and ranking?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    maybe you lowest shots was saved by some moderators

when you upload, after 24 hours, the best shot of the hour wil get to the FF. at time it could be a 6.7 or 7.8
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Sometimes good shots with bad ratings are manually put forward to FF by moderators, that might explain why lower-scoring ones went up and higher-scoring ones did not.
    When a shot is submitted, it has 24 hours to get rated, after which it can go to FF if it has a high enough ranking; when another 24 hours have passed (so total 48 hours) the shot is deleted. The way I understand it is that a bot looks through all the shots in NS every half hour or so, and sends through the one with the highest rating that has been in there for 24 hours or longer.
    Votes from people who have solved the shot count as three times as much as votes from people who have not solved it, for getting the average rating.
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009 edited
    Yes, your shot with the lowest score was probably pushed up by an admin, which explains why it's the first one to go through to FF.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Asmodai is totally right. None of your shots got there automatically, but the lowest one was saved by a moderator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    ok, that I already understood ...
    What I still don't understand is that while the notes on the average of 7, shots with that average grades do not up ...
    And I'm not speaking specifically of my shots but an observation of the operation of the site, such as who is a frequent user who is serious about the game and meets almost all functions (I just do not write reviews why not have domain of writing English - how can clearly see ...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    The average to go through automatically is very high at the moment, I have seen shots with a 7.7 that did not make it, because every 'picking moment' there was at least one with a higher rating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    The fact is over 150 shots get submitted every day. Only around a third or 2/5ths can make it. Which means a lot of rejected images unfotuately. The moderators would like to put more through, but there a multitude of reasons why we cant.