Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Dear wtm-users,

WTM is great and is improving a lot. Now I want to try to upload some shots myself, but I'm having difficulty getting the right picture-ratio: often pictures have the wrong size and I took some shots with VLC but I get the impression the quality isn't good enough or the picture-ratio isn't right. Does someone has a hint or some advice?

Thanks a lot!
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    Usually VLC works fine. Could post some of your "raw" VLC snapshots (not modified in any way by yourself) here ?
    Use imageshack, photobucket or any similar site to upload them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009 edited
    I just want to say Taartstaart that it is so refreshing that a new uploader comes on here for advice in fixing these issues before you start uploading. Many people dont seem to care at all at the moment. So thank you.

And yeah, I concur with MisterZob's advice, upload a couple and lets take a look at your shots!
    • CommentAuthorTaartstaart
    Hey MisterZob and them00ch,

Sure, it's better for everyone (no one needs to complain about the formats and I don't need to upload the shot endlessly... ;)) I've uploaded them on Imageshack... I hope Imageshack didn't resize them, but this is pretty much how they looked all raw from VLC. It's just that I thought it was a strange ratio.

...now you can guess which movie I watched lately :P
  2.  permalink
    [url]http://img233.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=vlcsnap2064258.png[/url]
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    the aspect ratio looks correct to me. this movie is 2.35:1
    quality seems to be a bit low, try dusting off the DVD ;)
  3.  permalink
    Hmpf, the quality isn't fantastic... I'm jsut scared off by some guys who put a deletion vote on every shot with less then HD quality... :S
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    DVD quality would suffice ;)
    • CommentAuthorTaartstaart
    Okey, I'll stick to the DVD then :P

*searching the box with the DVD collection*
    ...I have just moved, so it would be lying around here somewhere ;)
    Thanks for the help! Now I can roam all my movies searching for some nice shots! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    We wont delete your shots,if they have been taken from DVD, if someone vote delete for your shots without a good reason, I will stick a sword in their stomach ;). Just remember to get rid of the black bars!:D
    • CommentAuthorCalslaan26
    Off Topic: "I will stick a sword in their stomach ;)" The first WTM samurai has risen! :P

On topic (slightly):
    Taartstaart (grappige naam ;) ) clearly is aware of the rules but such as them00ch says that many people dont seem to care at all at the moment: maybe the rules aren't clear on first glace at the upload page?
    Because they are somewhere located on the right and could be overlooked when uploading for the first time.

Is it a idea that when you want to upload a shot for the first time; you have to 'accept' the rules first before choosing a upload option?